King & Gifty's "send-off?"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Slide

Reserve Grader
Hi Silvertails,

I was working Sunday & couldn't get to sunny Brookvale for Kingy & Gifty's last appearance as team members.

Were they given a big wrap? I've looked in most of the current threads (but I'm too lazy to check every post) and didn't see a mention of what was done to highlight their contribution to the mighty Sea Eagles.

Can anyone who was there fill me in (or point me to a thread where I can read about it)? I thought they were worthy of their own thread anyway.

Also how was the crowd reaction to them both? And what was Glenn's demeanour like? It is not the way he wanted to go out so I hope he felt the love.

Thanks all.

Glenn wasn't there.

Jason got a big wrap with some nice applause and a speech at the end of the match.

But most importantly, Manly won. The best kind of Brookvale send-off.

Hmm...so the only option to give Glenn a memorable farewell is to win a premiership? Sweet.

i understand they showed a video package of their career highlights on the big screen?! I might try contact the club to see if it's possible to get a copy of that video. Such a shame he wasn't even at the ground :(

must be so hard for Gifty watching all his bros getting ready for another year of finals football (yet again) knowing full well he wont ever get another opportunity to put on his favourite jersey and join them .....

Video highlights of both players were shown several times during the afternoon. We were told Glenn was recovering in hospital.
Jason received a fond farewell on his lap of honour.
It was a fitting Brookvale tribute to both players. The club should be commended, and we fans turned up to show our appreciation.
I think the only person who didn't appreciate the Brookvale crowd was Greenturd who blamed us for being to noisy and upstanding. Seems he'd prefer the sterile atmosphere of a mega stadium when the sport becomes a borefest.

EagleBoi13 said:
i understand they showed a video package of their career highlights on the big screen?! I might try contact the club to see if it's possible to get a copy of that video. Such a shame he wasn't even at the ground :(

must be so hard for Gifty watching all his bros getting ready for another year of finals football (yet again) knowing full well he wont ever get another opportunity to put on his favourite jersey and join them .....

Let us know how you go please!

Should be up on the website? @MWSEmembership

This video showcases all 10 mtrs he ran in 2006.

We love ya kingy, all the best brother.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6