King & Matai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
King & Matai

Matai's hit was simply awesome, but with no Brett at the back he has to stop rushing out of the line and putting everyone under pressure. But in general if he can pull off one hit like that a game, and the rest of the team can get inspired by it I will say I am happy. This year he is not my biggest bugbear

King has made an astounding return to his soft prop ways but I thought that high tackle call that lead to the punch up was an absolute joke, the second showing shows it was around and over the shoulder and no head contact was really made, nothing to answer for.

O'Donnel should have gone for longer for mine, he pretty much sucker punched King, and the penalty should have been switched to us

Re: King & Matai

he has been soft. I cant believe O'Donnel blew up like he did, there wasn't even that much in it.

Looks like a new tactic is that anything around the shoulder, you throw your head back and you get an easy penalty

all the forwards have been soft. So you cant single out King. Watmough has had one or two good games.. but generally theyve all been below par.

I think Matai has been one of our strongest this year but my main issue with him, is that he needs to have a better understanding of when to pass and when to go himself.

He butchered a certain try the other night by holding onto it and its something that has constantly been an issue for me.

You have a speedy winger outside you so use em

Kaza, the point of my post wasnt to single him out. The point was about the "high tackle"

Disco - I said on Saturday that they just dont trust Bani. In situations when Matai would have given the ball to Robbo, he completely ignored Bani and tried to go himself. Not a good look. The team is lacking confidence and Matai needs to show confidence in Bani if Bani is playing outside him

I don't know if it is to do with not trusting Bani, was a couple of games last year he dummied and tucked the ball under the wing as well, luckily he scored those although 1 was close to being bombed. Can't remember which game it was, but he got a double in that

King's hit-ups have been very disappointing, but he has been hitting pretty hard in defence, just need to get him as hard in his hit ups now

Matai has been going good.  Apart from the bombed try I only saw him rush out of the line and miss the tackle once on Saturday night.  Then again, I got disenchanted with the lot of them and went to bed early.  Princess and Ted are really pissing me off with their crap play.  Forwards are meant to be hard men.  Those two are just playing around being tough.  I wouldn't trust Bani either.  He looks terrified to be out there.  Where's his confidence gone? 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2