• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

GraEddie

This is the game the Kingdog needs to stand up…he did so in the first hit out against the rabbits and now he needs to solidify that aggressiveness and make a statement……yes there has been much talk about diharmony amongst the playing group but you never here Kingdog's name in that dribble…..he loves the club and loves the team…..expecting him to wallop the Burgess trio this weekend…..cant wait for it……also Starling playing his old club will bring something special…...

Carn the Kingdog belt some Poms on Fri night!! Can't question his passion for our mighty club :)

We need a passionate speech from the Kingdog's no.1 fan.

@kingyfan

:)

I would be happier if someone else did the job this game, having more than 1 enforcer would be a great thing for the club and confidence of the pack.

Last time the King dog showed JSL what to do and JSL has not looked back since.

Kingy is ready: read more
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/jason-king-ready-to-again-put-his-body-on-line-against-the-burgess-brothers-20140805-100rdf.html

G'day all,The only time I've heard Kingy speak out about things happening in the club was during the Hasler debacle and it was a voice of reason and confidence that helped give us supporters hope and belief in that period of turmoil and uncertainty.Along with The Hero the comments made by these two club stalwarts went along way to reassuring us that things weren't as dire as was widely reported in the general hysteria of that time.
I don't know Kingy personally,but i do know he is the first to admit that he doesn't have the flair or talent of others,but he has accepted that and gone about his business playing in probably the toughest
position of all and he has given us that hard edge every team needs.
He has been there as long as anyone and probably has as much right to claim some responsibility to our current "culture" as anyone as he has been through the lows and the highs,and while he has made his share of mistakes a long the way(who hasn't) his commitment and dedication has never wavered.
I get a bit disappointed to see suggestions that he should just give it away because he's injury prone,too old or simply so we can sign someone else,as this makes no countenance of his leadership role amongst the younger players,which seems to be an important issue within the playing group.
In my opinion if anyone is entitled to go out on their own terms Kingy is one and I hope he gets to do that and no matter what happens he will always be regarded as one of our clubs finest servants.
cheers mike

Agree Mike.

As a clubman Kingy is right up there with Beaver and you often hear other players talking about him rathing than seeing him doing the talking in the media. He just didn't reach the lofty heights of beaver as a footballer.

I can see him being involved as a football administrator in later life, possibly right up near the pointy end and if he is anything like his club character he will kill it

I hope he's able to take em on again tomorrow night, too.

He and Skivy can repeat previous work on the Burgess-brood and Choc, Josh, JSL and BJ can follow!

He has spent a decade+ in the toughest comp in the world, and in the toughest position.

I know he cops more than his share of flak here (which I don't always understand or agree with) but he's clearly loved and respected in the group.

IF he is to retire, going out on the ultimate high can seriously start with these Rabbids pigs!

I get worried when we over play the mind games in the media. Let's focus more on what we need to do rather then making it all about us telling them we aren't intimidated.

mike walker said:
G'day all,The only time I've heard Kingy speak out about things happening in the club was during the Hasler debacle and it was a voice of reason and confidence that helped give us supporters hope and belief in that period of turmoil and uncertainty.Along with The Hero the comments made by these two club stalwarts went along way to reassuring us that things weren't as dire as was widely reported in the general hysteria of that time.
I don't know Kingy personally,but i do know he is the first to admit that he doesn't have the flair or talent of others,but he has accepted that and gone about his business playing in probably the toughest
He has been there as long as anyone and probably has as much right to claim some responsibility to our current "culture" as anyone as he has been through the lows and the highs,and while he has made his share of mistakes a long the way(who hasn't) his commitment and dedication has never wavered.
I get a bit disappointed to see suggestions that he should just give it away because he's injury prone,too old or simply so we can sign someone else,as this makes no countenance of his leadership role amongst the younger players,which seems to be an important issue within the playing group.
In my opinion if anyone is entitled to go out on their own terms Kingy is one and I hope he gets to do that and no matter what happens he will always be regarded as one of our clubs finest servants.
cheers mike
The Hero ??? That's pretty disrespectful. Pull your head in mate.

the mauler said:
mike walker said:
cheers mike
The Hero ??? That's pretty disrespectful. Pull your head in mate.

G'day all,To whom am I being disrespectful???You obviously have no idea what it means so before you start telling people to pull their heads in you might want to know what you're talking about.
cheersmike

"The Hero" is that referring to Choc Rocks / Pocket Battleship / The Army of One?

Mals said:
"The Hero" is that referring to Choc Rocks / Pocket Battleship / The Army of One?

Gday all, certainly is Mals. For the benefit of those that don't understand where it comes from it refers to a full back page article in the Daily Telegraph several years ago with a picture of a battered Watmough and Matai both sporting injuries sustained in a incident and the caption over the picture in bold type was "Watmough The Hero". This page still adorns the front door of our lunch room and from that time on he has been affectionately known as the hero. I hope this helps any misconceptions with regards to respect issues.
cheers mike

mike walker said:
Mals said:

Gday all, certainly is Mals. For the benefit of those that don't understand where it comes from it refers to a full back page article in the Daily Telegraph several years ago with a picture of a battered Watmough and Matai both sporting injuries sustained in a incident and the caption over the picture in bold type was "Watmough The Hero". This page still adorns the front door of our lunch room and from that time on he has been affectionately known as the hero. I hope this helps any misconceptions with regards to respect issues.
cheers mike
Well said Mike.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/i-feared-for-my-mate-steve-matias-life-says-anthony-watmough/story-e6frep5x-1225821010206?nk=0992b5516288ce19327d587cf0819689

I can't believe that this was 4 years ago.

Choc :heart: Skivi

And what about the comment from "Margaret of Brisbane" ? typical bananabender, two headed red neck. :) :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2