Kite in testy state of mind after snub

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/08/13/11543_sports.html

13 August 2008

FIERY Manly prop Brent Kite believes Blues selectors have given him a new lease of life with the Test front-rower in career best form.

The 27-year-old was controversially overlooked for this year's State of Origin series despite playing for Australia in May's Centenary Test.

NSW coach Craig Bellamy and selectors opted for the likes of Brett White, Ben Cross and Craig Fitzgibbon ahead of the ex-Dragon.

The surprise omission gave Kite the chance to focus solely on his club duties.

Kite, who played all over White in last Friday's clash with Melbourne at Brookvale Oval, yesterday admitted he was initially "dirty" to miss Origin selection.

But he has since moved on, with a premiership his focus.

"I was dirty at the time," Kite said after training at Narrabeen yesterday.

"I was dirty (after game one) but philosophical for two and three after not being picked in the first one.

"I do believe you've got to look on the positive side and as a result I've got to this stage of the season where I feel I can finish strong.

"Other times the season drags on with a big rep season under your belt.

"I feel pretty good going into these last rounds."

Feeling good and hitting hard.

Kite was arguably Manly's best in their 16-10 loss to Melbourne, squaring off against Storm hitman Michael Crocker in the opening few minutes of the bruising encounter.

"It was definitely spur of the moment," the Tongan said of the fight.

"It was early on in the game and both sides were pretty pumped up and those things happen.

"It's not my go to go starting anything but I'm not going to lay down or more importantly get my team on the back foot which could have happened if I didn't do anything.

"I was just sticking up for myself.

"(My only regret is) that it put my head in the spotlight which I like to stay out of."

With an upcoming finals' series and World Cup to play, it's unlikely the cameras will miss Kite and his bullocking runs over the next few weeks.

This is why Kite is awesome. He is the rock in our pack, and like just about our whole team, just get's on with it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6