Kite Injured

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Word is up to 6 weeks with a groin.

Possible chance if we make it all the way but definatly a no show next week

I did a groin about 8 weeks ago and whilsst older and without the treatment that Kite will get, it has taken ions to get better. My tip is that he is gone for the year.

He is our forward leader and main man. Horror injury for us at this time. With Rose, Hall and now Kite out do we have anything else in the tank in the front row spot. Is this a cue to ask for BK to take his spot and come on and join us??

Don't jump down my throat for suggesting it...but what about getting BK back and throwing him in at prop for say 25 mins in each half, I know it's not his regular position but he has a great off load and would play his guts out !!

This makes it sound not too bad guys:-

Kite injury hits Manly's NRL hopes

Shattered Manly prop Brent Kite is bracing for the worst after a groin injury dampened the club's 28-24 NRL victory over St George Illawarra at Brookvale Oval.

Test forward Kite limped from the field in the 45th minute in obvious distress and a scan on Monday will determine if he can play against South Sydney in the club's first home final on Saturday night.

Kite said he'd consider taking painkilling injections to play the Rabbitohs, but only if won't be a liability to his teammates.

"If it's only a pain thing then yeah (painkillers) one thing," he said.

"But if it affects my performance it would be a different story and a different solution.

"It's not overly sore now ... I'm just a bit annoyed because I've never really done that type of injury."

Kite's injury isn't the only concern for coach Des Hasler, with veteran Steve Menzies, winger Chris Hicks and lock Luke Williamson all late withdrawals due to injury.

The trio are all expected to return next week, but Hasler knows his men will have to improve on this performance to win the club's first finals game since 1997.

The Sea Eagles led 28-6 after a rampant first half, but put the cue in the rack in the second stanza.

The Dragons finished strongly with three tries in the final 15 minutes to force a frenetic final minute where the visitors could have stolen victory.

After consecutive losses the Sea Eagles desperately needed a win heading into next week's finals, and the game got off to the perfect start with a flawless first half.

Hooker Michael Monaghan was brilliant, booting a 40-20 and scoring two tries, while Steve Matai made a successful return after four weeks out with neck injury by crossing for Manly's first try in the 10th minute.

"The first half we did everything we had planned to do," said captain Matt Orford.

"Coming into half time with a lead like - sometimes the worst thing that can happen is the half time break.

"We are guilty of taking the foot off and sort of being ill-disciplined with silly errors and penalties."

Dragons captain Mark Gasnier was outstanding in his return to the centres, scoring a brace to help spark the red and whites comeback, but ultimately an inept opening half proved too big a hurdle to overcome.

Test centre Matt Cooper ignited a horror 10 minute period for the Dragons when he knocked on from dummy half on his own 20m in the 24th minute.

Manly pounced with a double strike, Steve Bell scoring off the scrum and winger Michael Bani busting weak defence by Cooper and Chris Houston off the re-start to run clear before putting fullback Brett Stewart over.

Rangi Chase then booted out on the full off the re-start, Manly's continued pressure eventually reaping dividends when Monaghan stretched out for his second try of the day in the 31st minute for the 28-6 lead.

"It was probably only a five minute window in that first half that was really disappointing," said Dragons coach Nathan Brown.

"As has been the case at times during the year, when things really go against us they compound.

"At least we finished that second 40 (minutes) knowing with some hard work next year we can comeback and do okay."

Hasler was unperturbed by the Dragons fightback and is confident his men are prepared to make some noise in the NRL finals.

"We know exactly what we have to do, we just have to execute it now," said Hasler.

Source: AAP

Someone get him some f*cking kava. Get him in the hyperbaric chambers. Anything.... we're done like a dinner if he's in the stands.

I espescially like this part:-

"It's not overly sore now ... I'm just a bit annoyed because I've never really done that type of injury."

We should be able to beat Souths without him then hope he is ok with the 3 week rest and rehab.

Groin injuries have been diagnosed as the worst muscle injury to have, I was out for about a year and half with one. It would be fine and painfree so I'd go for a run and bang it would go again.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7