Knight vs Godinet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

king2213

Reserve Grader
The reason why Knight wont get a run this season is because our club chose to use Godinet over Mateo !

If they used Mateo it would not have affected the 2nd tier salary cap !

Nice work, club administration !

There is no room for EGO if you want to win a premiership !

Knight would of been handy !

Huh? Godinet has already played so his continued selection is of no consequence :rolleyes:

BJ and Matai season ending injuries should allow the NRL to give Manly the right to select 2 more players from our 2nd tier @:cool:

Huh? Godinet has already played so his continued selection is of no consequence :rolleyes:

BJ and Matai season ending injuries should allow the NRL to give Manly the right to select 2 more players from our 2nd tier @:cool:

They opted to use Godinet over Mateo ( Mateo is classified as FG )

I could be wrong !! Just looking for another way to dig into the current administration !

My point is if they did not use Godinet we could of had Knight free to play all year !

I could be wrong

OK. For the dummies like me: please explain in step-by-step language why we can't use Knight and Mateo in first grade.

OK. For the dummies like me: please explain in step-by-step language why we can't use Knight and Mateo in first grade.

Mateo falls under the first grade cap
Knight falls under Second Tier cap ( there is a limit of how many second tier players can be promoted )

Now the club chose to use Godinet ( second tier) instead of Mateo ( First grade)

Because the club used Godinet we have run out of space to promote any more second tier players like KNIGHT !

If they utilized their first grade cap better! by playing Mateo !
We would of had more second tier cap space to use Knight freely !

The rumour is Manly can only promote Godinet not Knight !

Because Godinet has already played this year in first grade !

That would be totally hilarious if we got docked points when parra systematically cheat the cap for years and only get too lose 12 points. However with the joke that is the nrl I can easily see it happening as well

Matato is disliked by the current administration but as he is part of the 25 man first grade squad and takes up cap space he pushes other players (like Knight) out of contention. NRL want us to use the 25 man squad, then if there are season ending injuries (Matai, Lawrence for eg) another player can come up. We are up to 28 first graders so far.

1) You don't lose points if you ask for NRL clearance. Which Manly was doing according to some snippets last month.

2) TRed is no longer on the Cap for Manly, so another player will naturally take his slot in the allowable player list for 2016

3) Don't look for problems, they will find us :giggle:

Go Manly! #UnderTheRadarAndTheCap

#UnderTheRadarAndTheCapAndThePumpAndTheBushAndTheHammerAndTheSea ( for our Collaroy Fans)
images.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. What a stupid system. You should be able to play anyone in your club provided salary caps were not breached in the various grades.

Allowing for the fact that there are more players in just the starting side for an Aussie rules team (18) than there are for a rugby league team including the bench (17), its one reason why AFL team lists have 40 players. It basically allows for injuries to just about the whole first choice team including the bench.

That is something the NRL needs to look at. Realistically the first tier squad should be 30 players plus maybe 5 or 6 second tier players. With the amount of injuries that happen, 25 players is really not enough.

The reason why Knight wont get a run this season is because our club chose to use Godinet over Mateo !

If they used Mateo it would not have affected the 2nd tier salary cap !

Nice work, club administration !

There is no room for EGO if you want to win a premiership !

Knight would of been handy !
Or the fact that Mateo played well before Godinet (round 3) Coyle be a factor

The administration needs to be held to account for a number of issues like the failure to effectively engage with fans but posts like this are misleading and distract from the real issues at hand

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4