Koroisau should be 9

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Turbo

Bencher
Not all of you will agree, but realistically Api has more to him than Parcell. Api Koroisau has a kicking game something Parcell doesn't have as far as I know, Api also is quick very quick, not Parcell quick but he is one of the more quicker dummy halves. Api also knows how to set up a try. He set up 2 last night with lovely passes for Tom and Vave. He also hits harder in defence, misses a few trying but really on average only 2 more than Parcell and the 3 api missed last night 2 of them where Jason T. He organises our defence a lot better and he also gets through a lot of tackles. He just IMO is a more complete player, sure he has a crap pass in him to the halves but I would sacrifice that to have api as 9. He has a big future and we need to help him get to the point where he is one of the best number 9s in the game. Parcell is a great player but really he is just Matty b with pace not bad but not as good as some think. Api Koroisau has to be number 9, he is a more complete player and is a massive prospect. And besides getting steamrolled by Jason T (they weren't the 2 tackles that led to his tries) he was pretty good last night and hopefully he remains 9.

While I still think that Parcell is the better hooking option, I wouldn't mind seeing him tried at 5/8.

If at some point this season, Snake goes and Tom moves to fullback I'd be tempted (when Parcell overcomes his hammy) to move Killer back to the centres and play Matty at 5/8.

He can kick, has good speed, actually has a passing game and he can tackle. It might be worth a try looking to next year and beyond.

Last edited:
Loved Api sniffing around the forwards for offloads, something I expected to see more of from Parcell

Great to have two good options

I was just coming on here to start a similar topic, I'm on the fence a bit tbh

Parcell has been solid, but for all the hype about his pace etc, he hasn't really delivered a hell of a lot in terms of dummy half running game

Api on the other hand has shown that his play is a bit off the cuff which provides unpredictably and a bit of danger for the other sides to deal with, and I think will compliment DCE more and make him more dangerous too, both looked very good last night

Not all of you will agree, but realistically Api has more to him than Parcell. Api Koroisau has a kicking game something Parcell doesn't have as far as I know, Api also is quick very quick, not Parcell quick but he is one of the more quicker dummy halves. Api also knows how to set up a try. He set up 2 last night with lovely passes for Tom and Vave. He also hits harder in defence, misses a few trying but really on average only 2 more than Parcell and the 3 api missed last night 2 of them where Jason T. He organises our defence a lot better and he also gets through a lot of tackles. He just IMO is a more complete player, sure he has a crap pass in him to the halves but I would sacrifice that to have api as 9. He has a big future and we need to help him get to the point where he is one of the best number 9s in the game. Parcell is a great player but really he is just Matty b with pace not bad but not as good as some think. Api Koroisau has to be number 9, he is a more complete player and is a massive prospect. And besides getting steamrolled by Jason T (they weren't the 2 tackles that led to his tries) he was pretty good last night and hopefully he remains 9.
So you think he has a poor pass to the halves from dummy half, but you want him doing that 70 times a game.

Interesting points Turbo. Of course Api had the advantage against the Cowboys of having DCE, Walker, Lyon, Taupau all back for the first time in ages and a DCE who decided to play like he can. Big advantage that. I'm more inclined to go for Parcell, who I think with a more stable side would be outstanding. And remember Api couldnt shift Segeyaro at Penrith and Segeyaro has now been given the boot for an ex half back in Wallace, who is solid but no world beater.

Bennett was apparently furious at losing Parcell and dropped him when he signed with Manly, such was his considered value to the Bronks.

Api's service from dummy half needs work. Too many rainbow balls puts pressure on first receiver. Parcell has been solid without being spectacular, maybe I got sucked in by the hype and had expectations beyond reality. I think I still prefer Parcell if I had to choose.

I thought he showed great game awareness and added a lot in terms of playmaking and selecting the right option from dummy half or backing up the forwards. His passes from dummy half need to be better. The service from dummy half was poor at times. I think we could use both Matt and Api together effectively with Api being on the bench.

Edit: Also Api's defense is brutal. Great to see that bruising defence from someone in the team.

Api's passing is poor and that is the number 1 requirement for a hooker.

The number of times DCE had to catch a ball over his head or behind him last night especially on the 5th would be in double figures. Simply not good enough.

I still think there is space for both in the 17 probably at the expense of Brown.

Koroisau off the bench either for Parcell or Lyon for spark. This also provides cover for any backline injuries

Api's passing is poor and that is the number 1 requirement for a hooker.

The number of times DCE had to catch a ball over his head or behind him last night especially on the 5th would be in double figures. Simply not good enough.
Yep. Love Apis effort but his passing is not first grade standard. Blind Freddy can see that. Parcell has a great pass and was just starting to get the confidence to run in his last couple of games. The future is Parcell with Api there if we need him.That is a no brainer but in a side where AFB plays a lot of reserve grade who knows what they will do.

On the subject of passing have a look at Jakes left to right passing. I don't think I have seen a prop who passes that well on that side.It is halves standard.What a pair he and his brother will be.

Yep. Love Apis effort but his passing is not first grade standard. Blind Freddy can see that. Parcell has a great pass and was just starting to get the confidence to run in his last couple of games. The future is Parcell with Api there if we need him.That is a no brainer but in a side where AFB plays a lot of reserve grade who knows what they will do.

On the subject of passing have a look at Jakes left to right passing. I don't think I have seen a prop who passes that well on that side.It is halves standard.What a pair he and his brother will be.

Vave has also been given a license it seems and is generally pretty good (one shocker last night but we were at the do or die stage anyway). Even Starling threw a couple of good passes and he normally is just a tuck and go zero error type no thrills prop.

Is this the first bit of Barrett as a coach?

The grammar, spelling and sentence structure on display here speaks volumes about our education system.

As to the points you've raised, Parcell is a more polished dummy half with a lot of improvement left in him. Koroisau would be invaluable off the bench though, providing a break for Parcell and cover for the backs.

I will agree Api has was pretty good there on Monday night & improved on his shocker round 1 against the Dogs.
What your overlooking is the fact we struck gold with Parcel who will be Qld hooker , maybe soon as Smith says goodbye.
Parcel misses less tackles than Api & the reason it looks at times like his defence is not great - he is a lightweight & when our pack has been steamrolled, he often gets dominated even though he makes the tackle...this is more the fault of his 2nd, 3rd men in, who have been lazy & gone missing.
Granville is also small & twice against Manly in a 5 minute period got dominated by the much bigger AFB for 2 tries, also the fault of the big men around him, who I am sure Paul Green will tear shreds off more than Granville.
As for attack, Parcel is far better once the team gets a roll on which has been rare in 2016...not just his speed but natural ability of WHERE to run exceeds Api by miles.
Passing skills are equally decent - not great...& agree Api has a better kicking game (from what I've seen)....in the end though - Parcel is the best option.

Not sure where this idea that Api has a good kicking game comes from.Watch his games at half.His kicking was awful.Weak midfield bombs and grubbers that go dead.

What he provides is great effort and off the cuff stuff and that means handy bench player.

The main concern I have with Api as hooker is his dummy half passing. That and his defence up the middle.

When you are attacking the oppositions line you want your dummy half passes to be crisp and almost bullet like in their speed and efficiency. Last night in that position most of Api's passes, especially to DCE, were looping which gave the Cows line (which moves up fast as it is) more time to rush Cherry and it put him under pressure that he shouldn't have been. But the looping passes weren't just restricted to when we were attacking their line, they were from all parts of the ground so its a fundamental problem that he has.

As for his defence.....Api is currently averaging 3.3 missed tackles per game compared to Parcell's 1.3 per game and Api lived to that last night missing 3 tackles. At hooker they both make a similar number of tackles but Matty misses less off them.

Some people are saying Matty isn't going as well as hyped because he hasn't showed the speed out of dummy half that we know he has. While that is probably true to a point, even Tooves at his dummy half running best would have struggled to make much of an impact in the teams we've put on the park this season.

I still wouldn't mind seeing Matty given a go at 5/8 because I think he has the skill to do it well.....but Api needs to improve key aspects of his game before that happens.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4