Kurtley Beale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the News of Kurtley Beale Bashing a woman at a party in Mt Druitt has failed to even reach the main stories in the paper. he is a current wallaby and a waratah and he barely gets a mention. if that was league he would be all over every paper. Either no one cares about Rugby Union anymore or they must have some media hush department and friends in high places. makes me sick how they treat league blokes and union looks squeeky clean such double standards.

thats because no-one cares about Union

Is because there is alot of other stuff going on at the moment in sport, on a quiet news day  the media would be all over it like a fat kid on a cup cake. And yes....no-one cares about union !

Massive double standards. Cameron Shepherd a few years ago, whilst on contract with the Force, stole a taxi. assaulted the drive and vandalised the vehicle (if I remember correctly) but only got a few lines in the paper despite being convicted.

What about the two soccer players who allegedly had sex with two underage girls? Bugger all coverage from the male hating journos on that as well.

The Union thing is simply because of people in high places within the media being Knox & Shore old boys who are looking after their mates in high places with the yawnion.

Freakin' Saab driving dentists from St Ives.

Its is also considered to be racial vilification to write a bad story about Beale or Mundane

larry tate II link said:
What about the two soccer players who allegedly had sex with two underage girls? Bugger all coverage from the male hating journos on that as well.

not sure if its still double standards, but they were stood down I think, and their careers are pretty much stuffed. Which is good as they are dirty ##$%'s.

The era of sportsmen using their notoriety to sleep around is coming to end - and players in all codes need to wise up to it.

The paper reports were sympathetic to the FC soccer player in that they alleged the girl involved in underage sex looked much older.

Correction.  Noone in Australia cares about Union.  Globally it's going gangbusters, thankfully without the stupid ELVs Australia tried to foist on the rest of the playing nations.

Mcatmos link said:
Is because there is alot of other stuff going on at the moment in sport, on a quiet news day  the media would be all over it like a fat kid on a cup cake. And yes....no-one cares about union !

It wasnt a slow news day but they still managed to plaster Greg Bird all over the Daily Telegraphs website.

I live in Ireland and i can tell you the Union is painful over here. Rugby League is all but non existant and most people here think that Rugby League is just a different competition of Rugby Union. Even the club Rugby Union comp here is called the All Ireland League. Breaks my heart when i know if they had grown up on a bit of League they would have loved it but there are too many of the private school leather armpatch brigade over here to avoid the boring game. The Irish Rugby Union even changed the name of the Ireland 'A' Rugby Team to the Wolfhounds when the Irish Rugby League team has been called The Wolfhounds for nearly 20 odd years. Its like the ARU calling Australia 'A' the Kangaroos. and now we have to put up with Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman giving it even more undeserved publicity with the stupid movie INVICTUS how the racism in South Africa was totally detroyed by Rugby Union when it was a major part of the problem to begin with. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Bloody Super League!!! Union would have stayed amatuer if it wasnt for Bloody Super League. Old Ribot really did a job on Rugby League. Either the ARL should have signed up or the Super League shouldnt have started, one or the other. Rant over

Invictus was disappointing - was a bit like watching a movie for the second time in a day.  Not to mention the non-appearance of Susie the maid and that Turnbull fellow sniffing around the Boks to set up the World Rugby Corporation or whatever it was called.

Im not a kiwi but i wish you had beat them in that game. Kind of Ironic with a barely out of apartied south african team beating the all blacks. (I bet that joke did the rounds for years)

SANZAR were eventually able to get backing for the union competition from Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation, with a contract totaling $550 million (US) for ten years of exclusive TV and radio broadcasting rights. The deal was signed during the 1995 Rugby World Cup and revealed at a press conference on the eve of World Cup final.

What a bastard i still hate Rupert the man who single handedly stunted the growth of rugby league just because he couldnt buy it and get rid of Manly what a scumbag. 550 million if he pumped some of that into Manly we would have switched to SL and League could have dominated the world. oh well i will just have to enjoy watching Gower playing for Italy against Ireland today so it feels like im watching league. (how sad is that). It would make my day if he smashed O'Driscoll and ended his career (Legally) and single handedly orchestrated a Italian victory. And i dont even like Gower but if he did that everyone would know how much better league really is HA HA HA (EVIL LAUGH)

Canteen Worker link said:
Did they include the hotel employees spiking the Kiwi food so that we were all sick and couldn't play???
That was Susie the maid.  I was recently told they all went out for a curry.  Not a good idea getting a curry from the Oriental Plaza the night before a big game. 

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6