Lack of Pace

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
It is apparent as the nose on my face that lack of pace has cost us big time this season.

I can name about six games in which we have matched the opposition and lost, due to long distance tries scored by the opposition or where we have failed to convert pressure in to points. The loss of Snake and Wolf Man has been a factor but we have many players who are good in many ways but do not have the x-factor in terms of being able to run 50 metres or more.

Hopefully something can be done to address this but you can't coach speed!!! Recruitment over the next few seasons needs to address this.

Stewart, Williams, Whare and Hopoate would probably be our quickest 4 with Oldfield in there, and the first 4 have been injured, unbelievable

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Stewart, Williams, Whare and Hopoate would probably be our quickest 4 with Oldfield in there, and the first 4 have been injured, unbelievable
            I agree with that but have serious doubts if Stewart will ever be the player ( pace wise) he once was.

Cheers Joe

We will have to wait and see

That game against the Tigers last season he still had blinding pace.

Have been watching Bowen with interest coz he has had identical injuries to Stewart, and while coming along slowly some of his sharpness has returned

Have also been looking at Tate lately as he has had 2 knee reconstructions and he is in great form too

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6