Larissa, well done

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi Larissa,

I spoke to my Dad this morning, and the full Hewes Clan attended the game last night, with most of my nephews and neices in tow.

My Dad said that whoever organized yesterday with the hats and face painting etc should be congratulated, he was very impressed with the promotion of the game and how it all came together.

You did a great job and some of my nephews and neices that were only so so fans (all have memberships) are now chomping at the bit to go to their next game.

I also wanted to see if you could pass on a thanks to Matt Ballin for me (regarding the other trhread)
I had a chance to speak to my brother at length today and he said that Luke his 6 year old son, was against the fence waiting to see all the players, give them a high 5 and get a few signatures. Every time a player came a long, some drunken 40 something bafoon kept jumping over the top of Luke and pinned him against the fence, and none of the players could see Little Luke.

Luke was close to tears and said to his Dad "Dad it's not working" he was ready to give up. Ballin came past and again this fool jumped over the top, Ballin went by, but caught a glimpse of Luke, He came all the way back, signed Lukes cap and shook his hand.

Matt probably doesn't know how much that meant to Luke, it honestly meant the world, and to a little kid, well he just met his hero, to Luke it is like meeting a superhero.

Luke went home after the game, got out his footy books and his cards and was telling everyone about Matt Ballin, his new hero. Apparently he hasn't stopped talking about him all day and is over the moon.

It's a shame the other fool spoiled it by crushing him against the fence and Luke wasn't able to see the other players or get their autographs or anything, but Matt saved the day for Luke and I think we have a Manly fan for life now.

So great work by everyone who made yesterday happen, it was by all reports a great night and a special thanks to Matt. Hearing my Dad, nephews, nieces and brother talking about the game is great they sound like they had a top night.

Another comment from my brother, "I have my membership and haven't been to one game yet this year, last night totally made the whole membership worth it"

Well done.

Dan

unfortunately the reason why many don't take their youngsters there. It's such a shame, awesome atmosphere but really a blokey environment wirth I imagine alocohol and language flowing freely. I would have loved to be there last night, it looked mad!!

Darren, you're a complete goose. There are thousands of kids at the game enjoying themselves thoroughly. One gets squashed against a fence, and you're bagging the place. And Joey, you're full of ****e. There wasn't madness displayed at the game, just some slaps and tickles. A complete over-reaction from the officials. If it had of been managed as the fight at the Dogs game was, then any of that 'madness' you write of wouldn't have occurred.

Its not like Darren to have an agenda. I was at the back of the hill under the Hardware and General Sign and had a great view I didn't see any trouble all night. There were kids everywhere having a great time. Darren perhaps you should start supporting the Australian Ballet. Talking about "boy in the bubble" your kids must lead very sheltered lives.

Settle down freaks.

Dan's good news is fantastic, I have marked Matty Ballin ages ago as a great after-match player to run the fence and engage the crowd.

Any idiots there who pushed over any kids etc. at the fence are such fwits - when I'm there in such a situation I try and protect the kids/families and encourage them to lean over nearby, offering my texta if I have one for the kids to get a signature before me if they wish.

So good to hear the little fella has Matty as a new hero, just for that simple yet so meaningful gesture!

Thanks so much for the positive feedback.

It was our pleasure to acknowledge our wonderful Members last night. From this point forward we hope to do more to show you how much your support means to the Team.

I will certainly pass on your thanks to Matt. He is definately a gentleman and deserving of praise.

As you all are probably aware, 2012 membership launches next Monday 5 Sept. I cant overstate how important it is to get behind your boys by becoming a Member. If there doesn't seem to be a membership for you, call us on 02 9970 3000 to have a chat.

Thanks again everyone & go Manly!

Larissa

DSM5 said:
Darren, you're a complete goose. There are thousands of kids at the game enjoying themselves thoroughly. One gets squashed against a fence, and you're bagging the place. And Joey, you're full of ****e. There wasn't madness displayed at the game, just some slaps and tickles. A complete over-reaction from the officials. If it had of been managed as the fight at the Dogs game was, then any of that 'madness' you write of wouldn't have occurred.

So it's fine for "one" kid to get squashed against the fence?

Who's the goose?

Any truth in the rumour that this guy squashing kids against the fence was the same guy throwing things and abusing single mums at Gosford, and stealing Doggies supporter flags. FFS we have his photo, can someone hunt this fool down and deal with him before he gives us all a bad name.

nodd said:
DSM5 said:

So it's fine for "one" kid to get squashed against the fence?

Who's the goose?

He didn't say it was ok, he said that not taking your kids to a game because one kid got squashed is gooselike. Read the post next time.

The best part of last night's game was the look on the face of that brave kid running out with the team before kick off. Loved how he was so proud and excited.

Matabele said:
The best part of last night's game was the look on the face of that brave kid running out with the team before kick off. Loved how he was so proud and excited.
Agreed, he was stoked and good to see

Big Al I think u are referring to.Nice bloke.He was over in Leeds,I think,or maybe just one of the domestic away games.He's a hero!!

Well done Larissa, you've all done a great job this year and hopefully we can keep you for a long time.

great work Larissa! Thanks for coming on and communicating with our group. It sounds like a marvellous night for the club so hopefully that will keep going next year.

Matabele said:
That kid is an inspiration we spent a fair bit of time with big al in England at wcc and he is a lovely kid. I think you will he has almost completed a personal training course amazing stuff

Love your story Dan. Warmed the heart and brought a smile to my face. Also impressed with the young man with cerebral palsy that ran out with the team. Stories like these tend to ground you and help put things into perspective. Life is tough and footy is just a game.

Two boys ran out with the team.
The boy from Toowoomba, who was there via the Starlight Foundation and of course, Alex, who suffers from CP.
Both boys were obviously proud as punch with their team.

Who would know what was to follow?

Folks there are geese at every game and associated with every team. Like the hero on the hill who threw a half full beer can from the hill hitting a 12 year old a couple down from me on the back of the head. You and the heros who wouldn't point him out to security would be feeling pretty pleased with yourself??

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8