Last 13mins Storm Game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The turning point in the game which showed the composure gap between Cronk and DCE started at 67:15 and ended with a poor set of six by Manly the following set.

Smart thinking by Cronk and Slater to use Slater to draw Stewart forward and kick long into space. Forwards struggle to retreat for basically the entire set of six Watmough being the only real hitup from a forward.

All hitups near to central or right side due to a lack of forward options allowing the Storm defence to compress. The 5th tackle short side play from DCE was a poor option as it removes himself from a last tackle option at an important time in the game and second it makes for a predictable clearing kick with an already compressed defensive line able to zoom in.

Now i can see DCE was trying to eat more metres on the soft short side and either generate a quick play the ball(which was the case) or create a small break off a hole running backrower but it was not the right play on the night.(might come off a few times in the year and you are a hero but it is still not a classy composed mature play)

Manly in the past have fatigued noticeably from around the 60-65 min mark due to a variety of reasons from too many overweight sluggish old school forwards unable to maintain the intensity but also from the high line speed and aggressive defence that takes it's toll on troops.

This squad is more streamlined less aggressive in defence, still maintaining good forward and back line speed and off the ball defensive efforts in getting near to the play show the attitude is good.

Opposition coaches do still have this theory that Manly will fade made evident by the comments from Trent Robinson during the Roosters game at half time earlier this year but i don't think this year it is a major concern.(You will see more effort to offload during this period and more risk taking on top of trying to hole run off the back of quick play the balls through the middle)

At times Manly do struggle to contain the offloads which will fatigue the defensive line combined with our line speed and overall effort/intensity plays taking it's toll but fitness wise we are fine. (sort of like a marathon runner trying to lead from the front and fading---does not mean he is not as fit as the other runners just empties the tank earlier due to higher intensity)

We do lack some explosive size and go forward grunt and we need to increase our offloads/second phase play at times to take advantage of fatigue and disjointed defensive lines.

There are a few other areas i would like to see improved also but i'm trying to keep this short lol and allow the coaches to ease my workload.

It was a repeat of a game that occurred last October.

Its not the Manly way to get run down, effectively blowing a winning lead. They win those games against lesser oppostion.

I wouldn't go that far, in the end the Storms last two tries are from kicks. Even the Warriors GF Manly were holding on during the final 20 but fading away efforts were evident from 09 onwards many times due to the size and body structures of the squad combined with overly aggressive fatigue inducing defence which i mentioned in 09.

You take the good with the bad and try and be more clinical in attack to not allow the fades a chance of causing a loss during the first 60 mins.

Other periods in the past Manly ran down clubs but lacked a quality attack to generate points against fresh defensive lines so it is a never ending analysis of issues lol.

Yes, you can be correct with some of our failings but I wouldn't sweat. Yes, Cronk and others are good players. But my belly tells me we have them covered whe it matters and bellyache can go blow a heart gasket.

Technical Coach said:
The turning point in the game which showed the composure gap between Cronk and DCE started at 67:15 and ended with a poor set of six by Manly the following set.

Smart thinking by Cronk and Slater to use Slater to draw Stewart forward and kick long into space. Forwards struggle to retreat for basically the entire set of six Watmough being the only real hitup from a forward.

All hitups near to central or right side due to a lack of forward options allowing the Storm defence to compress. The 5th tackle short side play from DCE was a poor option as it removes himself from a last tackle option at an important time in the game and second it makes for a predictable clearing kick with an already compressed defensive line able to zoom in.

You always pop up like clockwork after a Doggies win......or a Manly loss....we all are creatures of habit I suppose.

Now i can see DCE was trying to eat more metres on the soft short side and either generate a quick play the ball(which was the case) or create a small break off a hole running backrower but it was not the right play on the night.(might come off a few times in the year and you are a hero but it is still not a classy composed mature play)

Manly in the past have fatigued noticeably from around the 60-65 min mark due to a variety of reasons from too many overweight sluggish old school forwards unable to maintain the intensity but also from the high line speed and aggressive defence that takes it's toll on troops.

This squad is more streamlined less aggressive in defence, still maintaining good forward and back line speed and off the ball defensive efforts in getting near to the play show the attitude is good.

Opposition coaches do still have this theory that Manly will fade made evident by the comments from Trent Robinson during the Roosters game at half time earlier this year but i don't think this year it is a major concern.(You will see more effort to offload during this period and more risk taking on top of trying to hole run off the back of quick play the balls through the middle)

At times Manly do struggle to contain the offloads which will fatigue the defensive line combined with our line speed and overall effort/intensity plays taking it's toll but fitness wise we are fine. (sort of like a marathon runner trying to lead from the front and fading---does not mean he is not as fit as the other runners just empties the tank earlier due to higher intensity)

We do lack some explosive size and go forward grunt and we need to increase our offloads/second phase play at times to take advantage of fatigue and disjointed defensive lines.

There are a few other areas i would like to see improved also but i'm trying to keep this short lol and allow the coaches to ease my workload.

Yes we have Melb covered this year easily unless we beat ourselves. There are way too many gaps in Melbs defensive line and indecisiveness outwide to be a top 4 team but they are a work in progress this year so don't right them off.

Melb are trying to offload more and play a little more off the cuff but i don't fear their attack as much as the past and their defence is not of the same quality.

Technical Coach said:

You always pop up after a Dogs win......or a Manly loss.....we all are creatures of habit I suppose.

Kevin up the doses again you are obviously still delusional.

MissKate said:
Got to take into consideration that DCE wasn't fully fit either

Not sure how your reply relates to my analysis and DCE's option taking in this instance.(i never said he had a bad game just pointing out a major swing in the game)

Seriously people DCE did not have a bad game i am not trying to be or have any intention to be negative ---- no idea why people read into the analysis in such a way.

Technical Coach said:
Kevin up the doses again you are obviously still delusional.

MissKate said:
Got to take into consideration that DCE wasn't fully fit either

Not sure how your reply relates to my analysis and DCE's option taking in this instance.(i never said he had a bad game just pointing out a major swing in the game)

Seriously people DCE did not have a bad game i am not trying to be or have any intention to be negative ---- no idea why people read into the analysis in such a way.

Because your analysis is negative.....and people read the negativity.

So every poor option DCE takes during a game is due to injury or "still young and gaining experience", every lack of involvement or timid movement from Brett is due to injury, if Glenn fails to offer a try assist or create a half opening it is because "his timing is off due to being out of action", every winger that is run down from behind is not due to losing 10m per hundred carrying the ball and every comment TC makes is due to the fact Dessie makes time after each win to annoy the members of Silvertails.

So let me get this right.
Your blaming the defeat on a short side play by DCE with 13 minutes to go???
Lol, thats ridiculous!!!

TC just highlighted a turning point, it gave the field position to the Scumos.

We lost due to the Pinkos missing Slater drop the ball in the play the ball, ball passed onto Cronk who kicked crossfield to Mann.

Manly should not have to constantly defend extra sets that the Pinkos grant to the opposition :dodgy:

When i say "people twist my comments" i don't mean that people have an agenda or reason/gain behind their comments, just this overwhelming passion to defend for whatever sick reason---- they want to see my comments as negative.

Might be a reflection of the negative in their own lives and not able to see any type of analysis as positive.

How dare you "Dessie" spot the negatives of my favourite player or club that offers me escapism from my pathetic lack of entertainment life.

HappilyManly said:
That some on here believe you to be Des :D

Well i am someone with feelings from a higher place with better hair the illuminated one.

the mauler said:
Lol, thats ridiculous!!!

Yeah that is exactly what i said (rolls eyes)

Technical Coach said:
HappilyManly said:

Well i am someone with feelings from a higher place with better hair the illuminated one.

the mauler said:
Lol, thats ridiculous!!!

you're oozing blue and white right now.

Yeh Im sick of DCE taking poor options TC.

Especially in the game against the Raiders.

Might be time for us to offload him.

I would take composure and execution under pressure over 9/10 performances against weak outfits.

DCE is capable of both but at times his execution and choices under pressure is not inline with his standing in the game.

Would i swap him for any half no, would i pay a million to retain him no, do i think Cooper is still the better half back yes.

Kevinward777 said:
Technical Coach said:
HappilyManly said:

the mauler said:
Lol, thats ridiculous!!!

you're oozing blue and white right now.

To prove i am not Dessie i will get Brett more involved in attack tomorrow and he will score at least two tries----- well i must admit Dessie can still work wonders at Manly all the way from Plush Belmore these days.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7