Last night's pre game stuff Channel 9

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Daddycool08

Reserve Grader
Well I got home just in time to watch the comments of Phil Blake and Noel Cleal and the part of the advertisement ... "here go again its Manly and Parra."

I didn't like to see Crusher in Maroon and White it didn't seem to suit him nowadays.

Further, the cameras went into the dressing sheds and I saw (not heard) some of 2V's address to the players before the game.

I was watching the body language of the players and I thought (wrongly I hope) that they were not even listening to 2V.

Did anyone else see it that way or am I just reading too much into the loss last night?

Anyway, onto better things next week.

GO MANLY!

Yes I kinda thought that Crusher was an interesting choice to represent Manly. Didn't quite seem right did it.

Chip and Chase said:
Yes I kinda thought that Crusher was an interesting choice to represent Manly. Didn't quite seem right did it.

Better than De$

But surprised his new masters allowed him to do it .

Sorry, missed it, Daddycool. I try to time it so the telly goes on at about kick-off. Can't stand ch9's obligatory half hour of cornball crap...

All I heard was the commentators screaming oh jarryd oh jarryd oh jarryd

Think that was a repeat intro showing from back in 2008 - they're all wearing centenary heritage round jumpers and certainly explains seeing Crusher again

eggson said:
Think that was a repeat intro showing from back in 2008 - they're all wearing centenary heritage round jumpers and certainly explains seeing Crusher again

That might explain it.......I was wondering given his current position how that might have happened.....but if it's just a repeat then that answers the question.

Crusher was there because of the 1984 Tooheys advert cameo that they opened the show with.

Ray Price is now up on the GC, so they got Edge to fill in.

'Here we go again, Manly and Parra. Manly's ahead but the gap starts to narrow' Exact script of last night's game :(

If they were going to have an ex-Manly player then Nein really had to look no further than one of their own employees....Fatty, not Crusher who currently working for another NRL club.

HoldenV8 said:
If they were going to have an ex-Manly player then Nein really had to look no further than one of their own employees....Fatty, not Crusher who currently working for another NRL club.
Fatty was not part of this ad - this is what 9 were trying to replicate - 'Crusher keeps on coming...' This is why he was featured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yldJ5bJ1YMg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6