Last Test

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The 4 seamers should play. Need to be aggressive, Hauritz isn't going to win any matches no matter how much it's turning on days 4-5. Clark played a massive role in turning that last match with his first innings spell, can't be dropped.

Poms 7/273 late in the final session.  We are looking good. 

Bowling has been OK, but England's batting has been shocking.  Too many getting starts without going on with it. 

Poms end the day at 8/307.  Piddle gets a wicket off the last ball of the day.  They really should have made 400 on this pitch, but I think it will be hard for the Aussies to bat on if the match goes to day five, so we will want to lead on the first innings. 

Not playing Haurits could well be a killer blow, that pitch on day 1 offered plenty, he has 10 wickets at 32 on pitches less suited to spinners so has been reasonable.

Clark was poor in his first stint, bowled slow, lacked boounce and his line was inconsistent for him.

Piddle looked great.

England will be kicking themselves, plenty of soft dismissals, hopefully our batsmen show the same discipline they have had in most innings on tour.

our guys wont let this one slip, for all the talk of playing to win etc, we will bat into day 4 if possible, and England will get themselves out again trying to force the issue.

If England can add another quickfire 80+ then it might spur them on a bit, really need to clean up the tail within the first hour.

We are gone and so are the Ashes. Disappointing that the series will be decided by a doctored up pitch. Our only hope is to roll England for less then 150, we are then an outside chance of chasing down 300 odd. But given the way we batted first dig we'll be lucky to get 150 ourselves. So Ponting has lost two Ashes series in a row in England ?

Clark for Hauritz looks a shocker of a descision.

The pitch is set up for spin and Clark bowled poor just to rub salt into the wound.

Hussey makes it 27 innings without a century now and only 1 in his last 38 innings (having played 71 innings in total) Can not be picked again.

To win from here we need 2 man of the match performaces, 1 to roll england for 100 and another to make a big ton.

Disasterous. I'll go back on what I said before the match and say they should have picked Hauritz, how could they have misread the pitch so poorly? That spell from Broad was excellent. Pray for rain.

We won't chase a world record 4th innings score on that pitch, no way known, as much as I'd love to see it. God the Poms are going to be insufferable now they've won the Ashes back. Will they be giving out wholesale knighthoods like they did back in 2005 ? Talk about being desperate for a little sporting success.

Watson has major, major issues with the straight ball, not good for an opener

If Hussey doesn't make a big ton here, Hughes should be back in with Watson middle order

I agree, he is not a long term option at the top, 5 or 6 is his best spot in the Test side, anyway, he will probably break down during the bunch of limited overs series we play before the home summer and the two Phils can battle it out again for NSW.

2/171 at lunch, not bad, at least they are going down fighting.

2 farkin run outs have cruelled any slim chance we had. Geez I can't stand Flintoff, be glad to see the back of the myth.

Hate that pose he does, really grinds my gears. Can't believe he is compared to Sir Beefy.

5/265 at tea, 280 more needed.

Last session begins, England should wrap it up by the end of the day. Would love to see Haddin and Hussey close the session, just to make the poms sweat a little.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6