Last YART for the year:-

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Steven Bell
05. Chris Hicks
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford

The backline picks itself.

08. Jason King
09. Michael Monaghan
10. Brent Kite

The frontrow has been very dominant of late.

11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Luke Williamson

Dare I say this is the most "consistent" backrow in the competition?

14. Mark Bryant
15. Glenn Hall (toughest selection dilemma)
16. Adam Cuthbertson
17. Steve Menzies

Great bench. I just think Hall adds more in attack...and well...in defence than Afamsaga? Afamsaga just doesn't seem up to the pace of the game??? Maybe with a full off season...who knows? He just still reminds me so much of Danny Lima and Mal Kafusi.....just lumberring, and immobile.

This is how I think Melbourne will go:-

01. Billy Slater
02. Steve Turner
03. Matt King
04. Israel Falou
05. Anthony Quinn
06. Greg Inglis
07. Cooper Cronk
08. Brett White
09. Cameron Smith
10. Jeremy Smith
11. Clint Newton
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Matt Geyer
15. Garrett Crossman
16. Adam Blair
17. Michael Crocker

I actually think we can win this one off the bench. I also think that while Cameron Smith does some wonderful things out of dummy 1/2, Monnas is more diverse, and has a little more X factor (Can't believe I said that!!!)

I think Orford / Lyon is a better 1/2's combo than Cronk / Inglis. Inglis is still just getting back into the swing of things after an injury plagued 2007.

even though we all know it won't be, he will sneak a 2008 one in somewhere between now and Christmas :)

Thank goodness for the title of this thread.

When you are discussing 1 club and 17 blokes, there are only so many varied topics one can create over many years. Sometimes, topics will be re-hashed.

I believe discussing the formation of the team is a week by week burning issue - hence the consistency around the topic.

I agree with your selections and your sentiments re the team Ryan. Good call. Melbourne's outside backs were poor last Sunday and I hope they repeat their game. If our forwards do their job and hold their Melbourne counterparts then our backs are just that little bit better than the Storm's. Hall is better than Jack. Jack worries me in the defense department and can have a poor game with his hands. Hall should be fresh and raring to go. Monas will have to watch Smith and pressure him whenever he get the ball, move up on him fast and tackle. Beaver or Choc standing at 5/8 is a good call. Rock like defense around the ruck is a must. Please Des, put Lyon at centre to stop Filou or Hoffman running at the three quarter line. Matai, well will Matai lose us the game with one of his crap rushing out of the line moves? Just hold the line Stevie Wonder, pleeese.

You might be more interested in ths yart Ryan

North Sydney Premier League yart

1. David Peachey
2. Reece Simmonds
3. Germaine Paulson
4. Yileen Gordon
5. Troy Boston
6. Beau Champion
7. Joe Williams
8. Scott Geddes
9. Daniel Irvine
10. Michael Greenfield
11. Shannan McPherson
12. Eddy Pettybourne
13. Ben Lowe

14. Jardine Bobongie
15. Conrad Ta’akimoeaka
16. Ryan Verlinden
17. Joe Falemaka
18. Greg Nichols
19. Eddie Paea
23. Isaac Gordon

Coach – Wayne Lambkin

That's almost a 1st grade side !!!
I expects a Bears, and a Manly victory this weekend.

Manly should pinch Eddie Paea. Now that The Rabbits have signed Wing long term, and Jeremy Smith is playing ok...little Eddie might not get much of a chance !!!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4