Late rally gives us a punchers chance?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Bulldogs or storm next week and whilst I think we face an uphill battle I think these late consolation trys might prevent us from being shattered beyond repair.

Lets get the boys in a room and have a bit of soul searching and lift next week

Bring Gutho in for Taufua and hopefully we face Melbourne rather than the dogs pack

I honestly think the late tries will wake us up.

I'll be cheering on the Scum this weekend. Hopefully a battered, Smithless Scum.

Best thing out of tonight was JSL offloading like a fiend, that was his m.o when we got him from penrith. We need second phase play to move the lacks bigger than ours around the park. Should be given a license to offload at will.

Good player, dig his style

good to see Jamie snaking them from the sideline too.

This team should go lock themselves in a dormitory for the week and become a unit again. Camaraderie is what has lifted this team to near peerless over the last decade, and given the choice the unsettled players would surely prefer to leave a legacy yo be proud of rather than one, in time, I'm sure they would be ashamed of.

Galvanising the team will take effort from sides and individuals, if they truly care, they will do it.

No.

Because my post was to short i had to write more to submit.

South's are not top 4 this season. Rosters, storm, Panthers and us are top 4. We are being sabotaged so that's why we lost. How else to get an early release.

Matai and Killer were amazing ::angel:

Jorge is a bigger liability under the ball than Wolfie was. He just never picks up on positioning himself on Matai's right when required :huh:

Blair needs to be in the starting lineup and Hame on tbe bench :idea:

globaleagle said:
You're not allowed to 'punch' in the NRL

I just hope that if we're not a chance in the last ten minutes next week that we don't start punching each other!

When you look at the stats it is pretty dismal

We completed at 89% 25 from 28 compared to the mixos 77% 24 from 31
And our 5 errors to their 12 so that is a big improvement on past weeks.

The big difference was missed tackles 42 to us compared to their 16

Choc was our top tackler with 33 and Hodges made 19 in half a game so would have been up around Matty Ballins average for 80 minutes.

We only had 3 tackles in the Rabbits 20 meter zone in the first half but put on plenty of points when we had opportunities late in the game down their end.

Imo the turning point was when Snake knocked the ball dead and the bunnies got a 20 metre tap rather than a drop out. If we had been able to maintain pressure there and then the result could have been very different.

So all in all unless we can improve our edge deffence massivley we are gone.

globaleagle said:
You're not allowed to 'punch' in the NRL

I wish that they were. I would have liked to have seen JSL go toe to toe with that Burgess brother last night. They were both shaping up for it and Jesse was jestering for him to come on. I have a feeling that Jesse would have came out on top.

My issue with the thread title is that we are NOT punchers... We are boxers.

Our game has ever revolved around skill and class, using their weakness against them and building pressure with smart footy, wearing them down rather than beating them into submission.

Unfortunately... The game has changed a little. Now you smash it up the middle, get within 30-40 meters of the opposition line and kick high for a winger who's advantage is that he's running hard with momentum at a defender who's got to back peddle to catch the ball..

Why bother with back line moves when about 30% of the time you'll score off this play?

I'm holding out hope but truly concerned our goose is cooked :(

I thought our come-from-behind win against the Panthers might have been a turning point for the team but it wasn't. And last night Souths clocked off and we ran in a few consolation tries. That's all.
Next week we'll still be down on troops (even more so) and down on confidence. Worse still, whoever we play - Storm or Dogs - will be coming off a win and they sure as hell won't be intimidated by the idea of playing Manly.
I can't stand the Dogs or the Storm and hate the idea of being knocked out of the competition by either team, but you just can't flick a switch and go from horrible to brilliant in the space of one game.
So I'm anticipating the worst but hoping for the best. I feel for the boys in the team. I know they're trying hard but nothing seems to be working for them at the moment.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6