Latest rumoured signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would pay $500k for George but not Tom. Best would be $400k

Players once took unders to come to manly but not any more
What player took unders to come to manly? I don't recall us ever signing a quality player for unders. The only players we ever signed for unders were the ones on the outer at other clubs

I'm confused. people on here are saying that our million dollar halves don't perform because We have no big forwards. Doesn't that imply that we should get good forwards and crappy halves?
Good halves should perform regardless. At laast put in 100% effort not 10% effort like they both did yesterday and Foran has done for months

So with dce and foz gone and maybe snake and skivvy going, plus a few fringe players being released how much cap space do people think we will have? 2million plus? 3 million?

Burgess and maloney for 1 million or so between them still leaves a fair "war chest".

It all comes down to focus and attitude, for games 2 and 3 this week there was a lot of it. For the first game and the last 2 there has been serious poor attitude, As soon as something goes against the team they drop their bundles, that is the difference now, in previous seasons when things were grim the team gutsed it out with great defence, this current team concedes way too easy.

Our senior players have to set the example and if they are incapable changes are needed. You cant say that Toovey has not been loyal to them and persisted with them during this. Toovey now has to save his own bacon and he has to change things. Be ruthless with out of form players and bring in guys who are committed in form.

The circumstances that have seen our team spirit disintegrate have been well mentioned here in countless blogs, this team has to build a new culture and we have to get in guys who are aligned with the team ethic.

The sad thing about the current NRL player recruitment system is that it forces clubs to have players in their teams who have signed with clubs for future seasons, that is just poison and there is no way you can expect any club to cope with that. We have the double whammy that it is our halves and the reasons they are leaving. It sends such a poor example to the other guys in the team and there is no way it can unite a side.

As fans as hard as it is to witness this time and where we are we need to have faith in our club and understand that we have been here before and emerged stronger. The evidence of that is what we are seeing in Holden cup, If the club makes the correct decisions in relation to recruitment will be so strong again very soon.

We all need to stay strong right now!!!!

It all comes down to focus and attitude, for games 2 and 3 this week there was a lot of it. For the first game and the last 2 there has been serious poor attitude, As soon as something goes against the team they drop their bundles, that is the difference now, in previous seasons when things were grim the team gutsed it out with great defence, this current team concedes way too easy.

Our senior players have to set the example and if they are incapable changes are needed. You cant say that Toovey has not been loyal to them and persisted with them during this. Toovey now has to save his own bacon and he has to change things. Be ruthless with out of form players and bring in guys who are committed in form.

The circumstances that have seen our team spirit disintegrate have been well mentioned here in countless blogs, this team has to build a new culture and we have to get in guys who are aligned with the team ethic.

The sad thing about the current NRL player recruitment system is that it forces clubs to have players in their teams who have signed with clubs for future seasons, that is just poison and there is no way you can expect any club to cope with that. We have the double whammy that it is our halves and the reasons they are leaving. It sends such a poor example to the other guys in the team and there is no way it can unite a side.

As fans as hard as it is to witness this time and where we are we need to have faith in our club and understand that we have been here before and emerged stronger. The evidence of that is what we are seeing in Holden cup, If the club makes the correct decisions in relation to recruitment will be so strong again very soon.

We all need to stay strong right now!!!!
The efforts of games 2 and 3 look better than 1 and 4 due to the lack off effort from the opposition along with a slight rise in our own efforts due to playing at Brookie.

Take it this way the performances in games 2 and 3 would not reverse the results of 1 and 4.

I agree TC, In game 1 we met a team highly motivated and our guys put in for 35 minutes in that game but folded so meekly. We have a great 20 minutes against the drizzle then fell away badly, against the dogs, they were mediocre and we were worse. In game 4 we were out enthused and yesterday we were just so poor with our defence and only began to play when the game was long gone.

Last season we rarely put 80 mins together in the back half off the season and that trend has continued this season. This has to change!

Offer Gallen 2 years. The sharks have not offered him a contract for next year yet. He will help re build the pigs and help bring through the Jake T and sao's. Nate myles would be great as well if he and gal could play together

In regards to sheridans post.

I like the sentiment. But I don't see it that way at present. All the other times, we've had Manly men pulling us out of the doldrums. Men who get manly, knows what makes us ticks, and know what we need to be succesful. This time around we have Money men and their hired lackies, who seem to know nothing of manly and the spirit that sustains and perpetuates us.

I am worried, but I'm prepared to be patient. But implementing change involves some sort of indication that the new direction is the right one. And they've done nothing to show us that this is the case.

Offer Gallen 2 years. The sharks have not offered him a contract for next year yet. He will help re build the pigs and help bring through the Jake T and sao's. Nate myles would be great as well if he and gal could play together
Gal can't save a half decent Sharks squad so what would he do with us? Or do we put their continual ****tiness down to Flanagan being garbage?

If we have to have a crazy old man, my vote is for Bird @:cool:
That guy is a white Matai, how he stays on the field after the bashings that he subjects himself to, its amazing:cool:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6