Laugh at Souffs time again.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No different to what we had/have to do for Walker & Co and all the bullsh1t about Burgess is just that for all the others to soak up...He is a done deal

There backs are looking a bit skinny. Christ we have bought some players and I'll bet they will be checking us out . I keep thinking about it ,the players we have signed and the players let go can someone fill me in how we are staying under the cap so I can tell my mates to f... off.

There backs are looking a bit skinny. Christ we have bought some players and I'll bet they will be checking us out . I keep thinking about it ,the players we have signed and the players let go can someone fill me in how we are staying under the cap so I can tell my mates to f... off.
From what I can gather, the club was really saving up big to throw a million each at DCE and Keiran Foran so we treaded water in the player market and lost Gifty, Choc and Kitey along the way...then when the Foran deal didn't eventuate (along with a mass exodus of deadwood) we were left with plenty of cash to play with. I also think a few things have fallen into our favour that have helped us buy players at a price that other clubs would not necessarily be able to get away with.

Walker = Bozo offers Blues jumper (maybe Aus jumper as well)
Myles = good friend of DCE, girlfriend wants to live in Sydney, Bozo offers Aus jumper
Brown = Barrett's Penrith buddy
Lussick = wants to come home to old mates after failing to fire at old club

the only one I am still in disbelief about is Taupau...how we pulled that one off i'll never know...there would be clubs lining up everywhere for that bloke and willing to pay big as well.

No different to what we had/have to do for Walker & Co and all the bullsh1t about Burgess is just that for all the others to soak up...He is a done deal
We all know it's a done deal. We're laughing at the fact that he's not coming as cheap as many of their fans thought he would. Totally worth it for souths but they're gonna lose a good amount to get him.

One thing I don't really understand is: (well a hell of a lot more than one but anyway..)

Souths tried to register a contract with the knowledge that it would put them over the salary cap.

Being over the salary cap as we all know...is bad.

But there's no punishment for trying to pull a swifty over the nrl. why's that?

Maybe....like attempted murder...we can have 'attempted salary cap breaches' and fine them say 70% of what the fine would be if in fact they had been over the cap by said amount.

Ok...I realise the few dozen flaws with that but it seems weak that we get this:

Souths: Hey nrl, can you please register this contract?
Nrl: Ok....hey wait a minute....if we do, you'll be over the cap! So no and stop trying to pull a swifty on us!

Souths: Oh....um...whoops....sorry.

*no punishment ensues*

*nrl execs give themselves a pay rise*

I think the issue was the Cap value of the player, which doesn't seem to be known till the NRL pull a number out of the air when a contract is presented to them.

SamB would easily attract a lot of TPA.

Rabbids also released him from his 2015 contract, so there could have been some Cap relief given at the time for SamB's bonuses etc that the NRL now reapplied

From what I can gather, the club was really saving up big to throw a million each at DCE and Keiran Foran so we treaded water in the player market and lost Gifty, Choc and Kitey along the way...then when the Foran deal didn't eventuate (along with a mass exodus of deadwood) we were left with plenty of cash to play with. I also think a few things have fallen into our favour that have helped us buy players at a price that other clubs would not necessarily be able to get away with.

Walker = Bozo offers Blues jumper (maybe Aus jumper as well)
Myles = good friend of DCE, girlfriend wants to live in Sydney, Bozo offers Aus jumper
Brown = Barrett's Penrith buddy
Lussick = wants to come home to old mates after failing to fire at old club

the only one I am still in disbelief about is Taupau...how we pulled that one off i'll never know...there would be clubs lining up everywhere for that bloke and willing to pay big as well.
Thanks mate and I thought the Gifty and choc thing would have something to do with it. All the other makes sense also.

One thing I don't really understand is: (well a hell of a lot more than one but anyway..)

Souths tried to register a contract with the knowledge that it would put them over the salary cap.

Being over the salary cap as we all know...is bad.

But there's no punishment for trying to pull a swifty over the nrl. why's that?

Maybe....like attempted murder...we can have 'attempted salary cap breaches' and fine them say 70% of what the fine would be if in fact they had been over the cap by said amount.

Ok...I realise the few dozen flaws with that but it seems weak that we get this:

Souths: Hey nrl, can you please register this contract?
Nrl: Ok....hey wait a minute....if we do, you'll be over the cap! So no and stop trying to pull a swifty on us!

Souths: Oh....um...whoops....sorry.

*no punishment ensues*

*nrl execs give themselves a pay rise*
The bastards tried to have the contract registered at nowhere near the market value. You can have third party deals but they have to be a top up, not the bulk of the actual contract. So if they've offered him 1.5 mil (as reported), the guy needs to take up at least 800-900k under the cap because that's what the NRL deem him to be worth. Souths probably tried to register his contract with only 500k of the cap and claim that the rest is third party deals; no one believes that, but proving it is another thing altogether.

All I hope is that Walker is as good as the oft-quoted 'Manly insiders' believe. He is supposed to be 'the missing piece in the jigsaw'. But has anyone seen him play five-eight? Can he tackle? Can he kick. Can he set-up his outside backs, or will be just be a ball-hog?
Is one Walker worth two: Hiku and Gutherson?
For me he is the one Manly recruit that has the most to prove. Naturally, I hope he clears up my skepticism in his first few matches in maroon and white.

It would not surprise me if Soufs thought there was going to be some assistance (either directly or via salary cap concessions aka the marquee player allowance ) from the NRL

All I hope is that Walker is as good as the oft-quoted 'Manly insiders' believe. He is supposed to be 'the missing piece in the jigsaw'. But has anyone seen him play five-eight? Can he tackle? Can he kick. Can he set-up his outside backs, or will be just be a ball-hog?
Is one Walker worth two: Hiku and Gutherson?
For me he is the one Manly recruit that has the most to prove. Naturally, I hope he clears up my skepticism in his first few matches in maroon and white.

I had a bit of good natured banter with a Souths fan in Twitter yesterday, and he reckons Walker isn't a 5/8's backside.

I know just one persons view , but thought I'd mention it.

Kapow is the epic buy we stole... That's a coup and a half :)
I remember watching us play the tigs last year and thinking how great would it be to have Kapow and Skivvy together in maroon and white and voila ! the gods have provided, now he's where he was born to play I can't wait to see the sparks fly, GO MANLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4