Laurie Daleys 2012 predictions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Currently on Fox Sports News - Laurie (the W@nker) Daley is doing his "where will your team finish" for 2012

Starting today he has Panthers at 16. Wonder if he will death ride us again. Probably.

I reckon he will put us at around 10 - just cant help himself

The NOSE on who will finish where

It will be interesting with Laurie. He will have us in the top 4 or 5 because the other rivals from last year don't look to have improved.

RE: The NOSE on who will finish where

Hope he didnt tip us to be premiers - that will mean were in for a crap year

Daley had us low last year because there were question marks about an inexperienced halves combination. Usually a death knell in a very tough competition. I would have thought it was a very legitimate concern. I liked what I saw of DCE in the 20s, but I was unsure of how it would translate to the NRL level. How many supporters actually tipped us for the Premiership last year? Even the most die hard would deep down have had some reservations about how we would go.

During the season last year Daley was more than complimentary about how we were travelling for most of the year and rapped some of our players as much as any commentator in the game. I'd say when he mentioned us at any time last year it was 80% complimentary, yet we always bag people for a comment we don't like. That doesn't just go for Daley but anyone in the media.

Here is what he said about us last year http://www.silvertails.net/news/5374-laurie-daley-manly-to-finish-13th

Frogz said:
Currently on Fox Sports News - Laurie (the W@nker) Daley is doing his "where will your team finish".

Starting today he has Panthers at 16. Wonder if he will death ride us again. Probably.

I reckon he will put us at around 10 - just cant help himself
Hey Frogz can you do us a fovour and rename the title to
Laurie Daleys 2012 predictions
As it makes it easier to search for past topics
Cheers

Masked Eagle said:
Daley had us low last year because there were question marks about an inexperienced halves combination. Usually a death knell in a very tough competition. I would have thought it was a very legitimate concern. I liked what I saw of DCE in the 20s, but I was unsure of how it would translate to the NRL level. How many supporters actually tipped us for the Premiership last year? Even the most die hard would deep down have had some reservations about how we would go.

During the season last year Daley was more than complimentary about how we were travelling for most of the year and rapped some of our players as much as any commentator in the game. I'd say when he mentioned us at any time last year it was 80% complimentary, yet we always bag people for a comment we don't like. That doesn't just go for Daley but anyone in the media.
That new halves would have had more merit if it was 2 unknowns but Foz was already touted as a future star & by the end of 2010 showed the signs of a passionate & quality footballer. DCE - I honestly expected good things from him & he possessed something important that was lacking before hand - quicker paced attack from 1st reciever including a running game. I have heard many games Daley has commentated involving Manly & his ordinary rating of the Seaeagles asperations for 2011 were not a huge surprise - though I did think of his forecast on numerous occasions during a stellar season in 2011 with a smile. ;)

Why would anyone take notice of that goose, he loves death-riding this club.

We should have a comp to see where he tips us to finish

I'm thinking 7th

Masked Eagle said:
How many supporters actually tipped us for the Premiership last year? Even the most die hard would deep down have had some reservations about how we would go.

Prior to the start of the season last year I had my doubts, but after the Melbourne game (Round 1) I got confidence. I wasn't thinking Premiership, but thought we'd give things a good shake come finals time.

And anyone who wants to call bull**** on this one, as some will (I know this place too well), can search back for my posts from the week between Round 1 and 2 last year.

I agree, the loss in the first round gave me hope. You can check through my previous posts. I wrote that without our best strike players, we only went down by a try or two in Melbourne and that took into account our first game with our new halves combo. I felt we were in for a good year as I walked back to the hotel. This year the age of the front row is my only concern.

DSM5 said:
I agree, the loss in the first round gave me hope. You can check through my previous posts. I wrote that without our best strike players, we only went down by a try or two in Melbourne and that took into account our first game with our new halves combo. I felt we were in for a good year as I walked back to the hotel. This year the age of the front row is my only concern.
I think your right about the front row. I think there would be merit In releasing joe and kite to England to free up cash to keep Brett, foran, Dce and lussick.

I also think Harrison and the other fella that looks a bit like (robinson) him could step up this year

I had doubt about our halves and props last year. Thought we would be lucky to make the 8.

Cambo I reckon Loz will tip us 3rd.

MK Eagle said:
Masked Eagle said:

That new halves would have had more merit if it was 2 unknowns but Foz was already touted as a future star & by the end of 2010 showed the signs of a passionate & quality footballer. DCE - I honestly expected good things from him & he possessed something important that was lacking before hand - quicker paced attack from 1st reciever including a running game. I have heard many games Daley has commentated involving Manly & his ordinary rating of the Seaeagles asperations for 2011 were not a huge surprise - though I did think of his forecast on numerous occasions during a stellar season in 2011 with a smile. ;)

Forans game improved last year more than any other player in the comp. What he showed in his initial few games was he had plenty of ticker and a good running game, but he developed his ball playing skills out of sight. Anyone who says they knew Foran was going to do last year what he did based on what he showed in 2010 or even in the 20s for that matter is full of it or can predict the lotto numbers as well. Especially considering his own comments that he isn't a natural ball player and has had to work at it.

If you check back last years predictions, I thought we could finish near the 4 as long as DCE's game adjusted to the NRL level. I just find it amazing how people could bag Daley because he thought we would struggle with an inexperienced players in key positions. If DCE wouldn't have fired, we wouldn't have finished anywhere near the top. How was he to know how good he was going to be, especially considering he over achieved his own expectations.

Cambo said:
I think your right about the front row. I think there would be merit In releasing joe and kite to England to free up cash to keep Brett, foran, Dce and lussick.

I hope this eventuates..pretty logical imo with their ages and the rise of Lussick, and fringe players like Robinson.

I think The Nose will have us in next week if we lose....or right in the last few if we win on Saturday.
He would love to have us down at 14 tomorrow, but would look like a bigger f@rkwit than he already is when we flog Leeds

Btw He tips Sharks in 15th spot

Laurie Daley says: " The Sharks roster is their strongest for a couple of years. They've bolstered their forward pack even though they've lost Luke Douglas and Kade Snowden, as they've got Andrew Fifita, Bryce Gibbs and Jon Green, Mark Taufua, Ben Ross; they've got a lot of depth in their forward pack, but I don't know if they've got enough strikepower to challenge the really top sides. Todd Carney will make a big difference, though. "
The Adjudicator says: "The biggest winner to come from Todd Carney's signing isn't Cronulla. 'Who is it then, Mr A,' I hear you ask. None other than The Adjudicator himself, I say. After enduring a lonely off-season at Northies, Mr A now has a familiar face with whom to share a quiet lemonade on a sunny Shire afternoon ... "What do you like in the last at Hawkesbury, Todd?" While Toddy might give the Sharkies enough bite to limp into the eight, I'll safely predict that, come October this year, the trophy cabinet at Sharks HQ will have less to offer than Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard."

14th Gold Coast Titans

Laurie Daley says: "They recruited heavily for this season, and they’re sure to improve; the wooden spoon last year is also sure to be driving them. I just think some of the other teams might be a bit more stable, and they still haven’t worked out their fullback and five-eighth, which is a bit of a worry at this time of the year. They’ll be better than last year, but I think they’ll struggle."

The Adjudicator says: "Mr A has had a love-hate relationship with the Titans, in that I loved to hate them. I wiped the slate clean for last season, saying "they are effective team, but Mr. A wants more". My reward? Less from an uneffective outfit! They can't possibly deliver less this year, but I'll hold fire: to drop A-Bombs on the Titans might just be like picking on the weakest kid in the room."

Daley always puts Manly low and Canberra in the 8.
I would be happy ever year to bet him we will finish higher then he thinks and Canberra will be lower.
I bet he puts Dogs higher then Manly and will put it down to Des. Again I will be happy to take that bet.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2