lawrence tipped for origin 3

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lyons den

Brenton lawrence is the likely replacement for matt scott.a good showing tonight will stake his claim for a start.
Will be a little light up front against the dogs nxt week.
king will have to step up,maybe ligi or andrews to fill the void.shame turbo is out

lyons den said:
Brenton lawrence is the likely replacement for matt scott.a good showing tonight will stake his claim for a start.
Will be a little light up front against the dogs nxt week.
king will have to step up,maybe ligi or andrews to fill the void.shame turbo is out

Doubt this will happen. Josh Maguire from the Broncs has the inside running for sure.

Good luck to him whatever happens.

BJ's efforts the past 18 months with us prove he could handle the step up, and deserves it, if it comes his way.

I hope he has a super game tonight, and if he happens to be out for the Dogs next week; just a chance for someone else in our squad to step up too!

It would be just reward, and he has been in some Maroons Camp earlier this year.

BJ is another well balanced, happy Manly Player :angel:

The dogs will be without Hogkinson and Reynolds and Morris for SOO3 so they will be worse off than us.

Maybe even she-rex might get a call up as well depending on injuries this weekend.

It would be good to see Sao given another chance as well.

For BJ it would be a fitting reward. He has been great for us, and why his talent was never fully recognised by his earlier clubs is a mystery.
He'd probably come back to us from Origin an even better player. Naturally, the injury concern about playing Origin mitigate against my enthusiasm to see him strut his stuff on the big stage.
Tonight is a massive test for him, and our other 'no name' forwards. If we can hold Easts our backs will provide the win. Our backs are the best in the comp, by far.
This will be my first match back at Brookie after being overseas for one month. Can't wait. Been nervous about it for days.

I hope it's a great night for your comeback too @The Who

Just saw Eagle Rock on Foxtel (max music) !

It's an omen; all good for tonight!

Lawrence has the inside running. Maguire is strange fruit. A good club player, not sure about SOO though. The series is won now. I am torn between voting for Lawrence to get the experience of it and growing even more in stature, and risking his well being in a game that means little.

I guess my vote would go to Maguire. Let a Bronco get busted in a nothing game. We'll need Lawrence fully fit in every game this year.

Choc should be rested for SOO 3 too. And Cherry!

Choc is being ''rested'' for SOO3 @mozgrame

Enforced rest as it may well be mate!

I reckon it's a win/win...Good for BJ and Manly if he's picked.

Even better overall for us if he's overlooked!

Maybe, just maybe....the Blues will turn off a bit in game 3. That would make for a better run for Lawrence. I'd prefer he missed out though (Sorry BJ). Forwards tend to get hurt in Origin. WE need him. His form has already brought him into contention. Actual selection may offer him little more, except the chance of serious injury.

Anyway, I thought he wanted to play for NSW. lol

Oh yeah, I'd love it if he was a Blue.

He'd probably struggle to get picked ahead of perennial favourites like Tamou, Merrin and co. though.

And this year's squad did get the job done, to be fair.

It is a strange brew coming, game 3.....A dead rubber, but you know QLD will be out for any remnants of superiority left!

If he gets selected it further highlights to me why NSW has been so unsuccessful up until this year.

Brentons place will have been well and truly earned and totally deserved. Whereas in the past players like Soward, Mullen, Wallace, Creaghe and M Pearce have been handed Blue jerseys.

He should be close to being picked. I reckon he's the kind of guy you want next to you in the trenches.*

*so you can hide behind him

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8