• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not as strong as last week for mine and seemed to get injured late?

Regardless, if that is his bad, under done game he will be solid all year.

Seems to have some good confidence in his ability and a real willingness to get involved and lead from the front. 2 games in he looks good, so much so that I haven't even missed Princess.

He looks really mobile for a big guy and more importantly he looks comfortable and controlled with the ball in his hands, you don't get that heart in mouth feeling you get with others.

When BJ was at the Titans he did have the occasional drop ball in him. But as i have since learnt, due to poor communication with the coach, and very limited game time, he felt he had to come up with something special whenever he got on the park.
It's early days, so you don't won't to put the moker on him, but I'm betting he'll be out to prove Mr. Cartwright very wrong on Saturday.

Loving his work rate, and I'd go so far to say that the Kingdog might struggle to keep him out of a permanent number 8 spot

Kite
Faoso
Lawrence
Horo
Choc

All made 100+ metres. Fluffy, i disagree, Kite was brilliant again tonight with 130+metres only 2nd behind Choc with 150+

A quarter to a third of Choc's metres would have been his try would it not ?

Napper said:
Kite
Faoso
Lawrence
Horo
Choc

All made 100+ metres. Fluffy, i disagree, Kite was brilliant again tonight with 130+metres only 2nd behind Choc with 150+

Kite was brilliant again but I'll back up Fluffy here, Lawrence's first 15 mins set the stage again, same as last week - defensively and with the ball.
Based on the first two games, it seems that's his role and Kitey just does what he does.

Masked Eagle said:
Not as impressive in his first stint, but I thought he was excellent in the second half.

It is funny that I said the same thing. Looking at the stats he still made 120+ metres and 20 tackles in 40 minutes. What more do we want?! :p

All our props were on the slow side last year. Yes props need other attributes but speed never hurts & Lawrence & Fa'oso are really bringing some thrust we maybe lacked.

Noted this morning Galloway is out for an extended period and the Tigers are looking for replacements - hope all the talk of us unloading a prop to them doesnt start again...although George must seem the most likely at this stage.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-prop-brenton-lawrence-thrives-in-nrl-trench-warfare/story-fngr8iii-1226600884185
-------------------------
SEA Eagles prop Brenton Lawrence is thriving in the trench warfare of the NRL - but he almost ended up in a far more dangerous combat zone.

Manly's "Top Gun" forward has revealed he was set to follow a very different path three years ago by becoming a ground defence officer with the Royal Australian Air Force.

It is a career where real heroes are born as the officer's primary duty is to defend Air Force airfields, assets and personnel from ground attack.

It was while playing for the Raiders in Canberra Lawrence graduated from university and applied to join the RAAF.

"I waited a fair while," Lawrence said.

"In that time I went to the Gold Coast and played some games for Burleigh and then got a start with the Titans."

When the Air Force finally got back to Lawrence and said it was ready to go, he told them he was playing in the NRL.

The Air Force's loss has certainly been Manly's gain as Lawrence has been one of the team's standout performers in the opening two premiership games.

"I always thought about playing football at the NRL level and for some reason maybe blindly or foolishly I always backed myself that I could have a run and I'm glad I did," he said.

Lawrence, 24, has come a long way from the young centre who got picked up by the Raiders while playing schoolboy football in Adelaide.

He arrived at the Sea Eagles with a single-minded determination to succeed after being in and out of the Titans side for two seasons.

"Being honest, I did find that frustrating," he said.

One of the key requirements for a ground defence officer is maintaining a very high physical fitness standard and Lawrence has done that with his impressive efforts at training.

"Whether I am training or playing, I've got something to prove," he said. "I want to be part of the success we are building here."

On Saturday he will come up against his old Titans team at Skilled Park.
--------------------------------------------------
Great attitude and looking forward to Brent2 flattening a few Titans on Saturday :)

Only 24? I assumed he was a bit older than that. He probably still has plenty of improvement in him in that case, quite a shrewd buy for our club.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2