Lazy, sloppy rubbish

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I refer to our defense.  We just have a very poor attitude.  We show no urgency and don't defend for the man next to us in the line.  These blokes are content to give 95%.  The Dragons gave 100% in defense and the scoreline shows the result.

We don't deserve finals football on that form.

We need to talk more and commit to the man with the ball. Some soft tries tonight up the guts letting them run with the ball.

For instance, how does Nightingale get back into the field when he is 10 metres back in the in-goal and has five maroon jumpers i front of him?  Game changes.

We just made
Matabele link said:
I refer to our defense.  We just have a very poor attitude.  We show no urgency and don't defend for the man next to us in the line.  These blokes are content to give 95%.  The Dragons gave 100% in defense and the scoreline shows the result.

We don't deserve finals football on that form.

We just made too many errors. I thought we played with enthusiasm. It was lots of little things rather than anything major. They all just accumulated.

We have been serving up mistake riddled football all year. We play well in patches then serve up defensive lapses from some very experienced players. Inexperienced halves particularly a halfback who goes missing in the 2nd half all the time. Choc is playing injured and looks like it. We will make the finals but wont go too far.

Lacked intensity and commitment in defence. Saints wanted it more and shut down our attack (which wasn't too bad to night for a change I thought) and scrambled well. We were woeful on the fringes and back up the middle. Not the sort of defence you want to see for such a crucial game. That sort of defence won't win us any finals.

Fluffy link said:
Main cuplrits were some of our better players in stewart, ballin and foran.

Disagree entirely. You can put the blame squarely on the guy in the no. 5 jersey.

ok, please enlighten me as to how the winger was supposed to make the 3 tackles that were missed in the centre of the park?

Fluffy link said:
ok, please enlighten me as to how the winger was supposed to make the 3 tackles that were missed in the centre of the park?

Coz he is lazy. A more commited player would be making 4 tackles every set of 6 and have the vision to see another bloke missing a tackle and be able to cover him and stop the try

I agree Fluffy - Williams wasn't at fault for the loss. (sure he made some mistakes, but so did plently of other players).

mickqld link said:
We have been serving up mistake riddled football all year. We play well in patches then serve up defensive lapses from some very experienced players. Inexperienced halves particularly a halfback who goes missing in the 2nd half all the time. Choc is playing injured and looks like it. We will make the finals but wont go too far.

I believe the word commonly used,Mick,is "cannon fodder".

Fluffy link said:

He's not. He is supposed to catch the 5th tackle kick and not give a free set of six away. He is supposed to complete a tackle (on Cooper). He is supposed to tackle his opposing winger instead of just stand between him and the centre.

You really think he is up to standard?

I missed the game as i do every Monday night? Were we that bad? Did the refs influence the game? Where we just out played? From what i can gather is that we have bad defence at times which is weird for a club that once had the best defence in the game and the coach was apart of that. Is it time to get rid of some players?

Let's face it, St George are the best defensive team by a mile. We are no different to the other 14 (Storm not included). When the opposition gets a penalty and a set with 40 metres of our line they score more times that not. It's the same with Tigers, Easts, Penrith etc.
We seem to give away many more pentlties than we receive, and then someone will miss a straightforward tackle.
I did think King and Kite aimed up tonight, but we don;t have the players with sufficient flair to break St George.
If St George gets beaten it will be by Tigers, Easts or Titans who chance their arm and have luck. Then you need the mandatory three howling referee decisions to go your way and St George loses the GF. Unfortunately, I can't see us being there this year.

dowdz link said:
I missed the game as i do every Monday night? Were we that bad? Did the refs influence the game? Where we just out played? From what i can gather is that we have bad defence at times which is weird for a club that once had the best defence in the game and the coach was apart of that. Is it time to get rid of some players?

The best way to describe our performance in pictures:-
turnstile.jpg

The laziness is summed up in 1 play for me

Williams has Cooper wrapped up, and 4 blokes are standing there watching and retreat back the 10

In the same situation, the Dragons 4 men would have been up there making sure of the tackle

Ryan i would have thought a picture of a dummy would have been better.

They managed to get 3 players to fall for it on one occasion inside the 10, no one wanted to tackle to ball runner

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8