League hardman Terry Randall remembers dishing it out for Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
IT was always a good sign when Terry Randall, coming from down low, went up under somebody's ribcage and left them, moments later, on the ground twitching. The twitch was good. It meant they were still alive.

Read the full article

Terry Randall was the toughest player I have seen. Great story about a Manly legend. I think that is Ian Harvey next to Terry and he could handle himself too.

Igor was my favourite player when I was a kid, he and Frogs Eyes Gartner. One of the toughest ever to play for Manly, loved his work.

We all know from media reports that Hasler had the full control and say over recruitment.

Terry, you should have got up under his ribcage and launched at him.

Chaddy and I'd like to see that!

My first coach 30+ years ago, taught me how to tackle. The_most_satisfying_feeling ever is folding up an opposition forward with your shoulder and counting the scattered ribs :)

Randall, Ron Gibbs, Gillespie...there'd be a wide channel up the ground in which not one team would ever run a play into.

I clicked on this link cause Igor was my childhood footy hero - bit disappointed when I clicked on the story it turned out to be a Paul Kent story cause I dont want to give Kent any oxygen - and this did read like every other article I have read every year for the last 30 about Randall, tied in with an ad for a landscape company.

But always good to hear from an old legend I guess. I especially used to loved it when he used to belt Ray Price.

Pity he chose to have a go at Paul Cummings. There are two sides to every story and I have heard (some) of the other side.

By doing that, his complaint dovetailed in nicely with Kent's general anti-Manly narrative.

Randall was so tough I still think Gillespie, Roach Carroll, Harvey, Harrigan etc were all soft.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6