Leagues Club & GF spirit?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Leagues Club & GF spirit?

I ventured out with the family to the leagues club on Sunday to Grab some GF shirts and have some lunch.

I was a little disappointed the club hasn't taken advantage of the GF win by having more of a GF win feel about the joint. By show casing the after game celebrations with photos also photos showing off the the NRL Trophy etc.

Not even a congratulations banner was on show.

I know the Leagues club well, so it doesn't bother me that much but I'm sure many out of towner's would be disappointed if they made the trip up to Gods country hoping to get a festive feel of the win at the club.

Anyhow just interested if others feel the club should be taking more advantage of our momentous win.

Re: Leagues Club & GF spirit?

I am surprised that you are still alive after eating lunch at the club. 

I haven't seen anything on the outside of the club which says that we are 2008 premiers either.

It doesn't surprise from a club which is lucky to have a TV showing SOO games these days.  It has been poorly run for years and it still in the seventies.   

Hopefully Penn and delmege can now build domething which will encourage people to eat and drink at again.

I went on Saturday and was told the NRL trophy will be there this week.

If there was ever a time they could attempt to get patrons it would be over the next few months.

Is Cummings still the Chairman of the club? It wouldn't be rocket science to get that sort of stuff sorted.

Bob Reilly is now chairman of the club (as well as the Football Club and on the board of the Sea Eagles Franchise)

I agree Byso mate. Driving past the place is like driving past a cemetery. I'm heading up there this Saturday night for Jas b'day, but will be taking off to the the German Bar in Manly @ 7-.

Everyone feel free to join us on our voyage.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6