Leagues Club Rant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

OneEyedEagle

Bencher
Anyone go to the slime’s leagues club before the game?

Went to the Bistro for a feed, spent over $20 bucks for a crap chicken parmigiana and garlic bread that tasted crap, left my meal on the plate ¾ unfished.

Couldn’t get pure blondes at the bar, come to think of it the bar wench didn’t even understand what a pure blonde was. Had people hovering around our table in the bistro wanting the table. Had about 5 or so people come up and asking me “are you leaving now”. NO so FARK OFF.

Went back down thinking there was a sports bar lounge, well there was last year only to find it had been filled with pokies and the lounge that they did have was smaller than my friggn toilet.

FFS, no wonder clubs are losing money when all they care about is entertaining people who want to spend money on the pokies and are not making it as inviting or providing enough space for people who don’t want to play them (the pokies weren’t full of people either).

Best part of the night, I got loaded on the Jim Beam before the game (glad I did now), my mate drove my car home as he is diabetic and drinks only low strength beer or the pure blondes. The Jim Beam eased the pain of the loss.

unfortunately for society in general, pokies are how they make their money

Very true, not all the pokies were being played. Like most we sat at the pokies to have our drinks and didn't put a cent in them.

There are probably a lot of regular players that avoid the place on game night. I would be willing to bet pension day is packed in there.

I just don't understand the appeal of pokies, but I am just not a gambling man

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4