Leary and John aiming to impress coach Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Leary and John aiming to impress coach Barrett

February 23, 2016 4:57pm
Andrew Prentice Manly Daily

84eb01ae3d638232ee3995e3ed7d5c41

Sea Eagles players Blake Leary and Isaac John are also flatmates and live in Manly.

THEY are the two Sea Eagles desperate for a regular opportunity in the NRL wearing maroon and white.

Blake Leary and Isaac John are not only teammates, they also happen to live together.

Speaking at the Royal Far West School in Manly on Tuesday where the pair handed over supporter packs alongside hulking winger Jorge Taufua, self-confessed funnyman Leary declared his flatmate is always entertaining.

“All the boys call him (John) the yellow lid, because he keeps recycling my jokes,” the utility told the Manly Daily in between fits of laughter.

“I used to live with Justin Horo, so when he moved overseas last October (to play with Catalans Dragons in the English Super League) I wondered who I was going to live with.

“Isaac joined the club and it was a no brainer, we actually knew one another already via mutual friends.

“He is reasonably tidy and goes OK in the kitchen.

“He is definitely the chef of the place.”

360678f31248e5aeac925a7d011eed85

Sea Eagles utility Blake Leary.

Fellow journeyman John, who has represented the New Zealand Warriors, Wakefield and Penrith, is enjoying his time on the peninsula, especially living under the same roof as Leary.

“Blake is a laugh-a-minute,” the Kiwi international said.

“Honestly, he thinks he is hilarious.

“Like me he is very laid-back. We chat about most things, but never footy.

“I guess he is like the older brother when it comes to our place, but he needs to work on his breath, it isn’t great.”

John faces an uphill battle to force his way into the Manly halves, but is more than happy to work closely with new coach Trent Barrett as well as first choice pivot and halfback Dylan Walker and Daly Cherry-Evans.

“Walks and Chez are quality players, I just need to keep the pressure on them,” he said.

“I came to Manly seeking an opportunity, and if I play good footy I am sure that chance will come my way.”

Meanwhile, fullback Brett Stewart and winger Tom Trbojevic are tipped to line up in the club’s season opener next Friday against the Bulldogs at Brookvale Oval.

Stewart injured his hamstring in Saturday’s 58-0 victory against Ipswich and Mona Vale Raiders junior Trbojevic rolled his ankle.

On Wednesday night, Stewart, captain Jamie Lyon, centre partner Steve Matai and former prop Brent Kite will be inducted as club life members at the Sea Eagles’ season launch at Luna Park from 6pm.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...t/news-story/d8ab6a9db0c105caa71410ad7a8fad3c

Aiming to impress the coach!!

It's a bold strategy cotton, let's see if it pays off for them!

I'm wi you antlered one. Should start off trying to impress the janitor and slowly work your way up to the coach.

Ye ken wi hunt beasties wi antlers in scotland.

We are blessed with depth this year . Some big decisions for trent ,good decisions to have id say.

Leary would be in most teams 17 bit will have to fight his way onto ours.
This is a coaches dream.

Leary will kill it this year.

While he got a chance to show us what he can do last year, he also suffered from playing in a beaten pack more often than not as he had to punch above his weight more.

Had our pack been firing last year, I think we would be raving more about Leary than we have to date.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7