Length of NRL season is a joke/A novel strategy to win

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
This years season starts on March 1 and end in the first week of October. Goes to show what a slave to TV the game is when you have a winter code starting in summer.

Seems that the season starts earlier each year. Still 26 rounds but it's stupid.

AFL starts a full three weeks later. To put it into perspective the NFL plays 16 regular season games.

A NOVEL STRATEGY

Run the reggies out for the first five or six rounds; let the first string train but not play. This would work in Manly's situation, as we have the guns to win enough games from the 20 remaining rounds to make the 8.

Half of the finals teams go around like a pack of busteds in the semi's due to suspension/injury/unavailability.

Imagine having a team that started a month and a half after the rest going into a finals series.

yeh not to sure about that strategy , back in the dark ages when i was playing it always used to be get as fit as possible and try to pick up a heap of wins early in the season , then push your way through the rest of the season , tapering of into the semis , then a few gut busting training runs if we had a weekend off in semis , always easier to pick up points early in the season rather than chase them when all sides should be firing .

I agree it's a joke, I get 4 weeks off a year as do most people, nrl players should get the same, make the season 48 weeks.

Put in perspective CC the ESL starts this weekend doesn't finish until October and they are playing a full test schedule against the Exiles and France so some players will be playing until November

God said:
I agree it's a joke, I get 4 weeks off a year as do most people, nrl players should get the same, make the season 48 weeks.

I can't believe that God takes time off. My reading of the Bible is that he is always at work. What's going on? :) :) :)

Canteen Worker said:
God said:

I can't believe that God takes time off. My reading of the Bible is that he is always at work. What's going on? :) :) :)

My reading of the bible was that he gets a fair amount of time off, specifically one day a week.

the players agreement does entitle them a minimum leave allowance . Thought it was 4 weeks, thus the christamas break. The longer season is about the weeks off for rep season which was at the players request from memory

CLIT COMMANDER said:
This years season starts on March 1 and end in the first week of October. Goes to show what a slave to TV the game is when you have a winter code starting in summer.

Summer is over by 1 March. Just saying. The season runs for Autumn, Winter and if you make the finals a little in Spring. Seems ok to me.

But in saying that resting some players is not a bad idea. But do it at the right spots during the season if the team can afford it.

Gallop and NRL would be onto it and force you to play you top team or be fined 500k
Or get 0 points for remaining games Poor gate takings would kill the club no tv games
Due to lack of interest and sponsors would pull the pin, and the press would have a field day, apart from that it sounds like a GREAT IDEA !!!

Manly Daly - yep Gallop can get his knickers in a knot all too frequently. Nothing wrong though in using some rotation in the squad against some weaker teams. Citing a particular niggling injury a player has as justification can help keep the spotlight away.

Manly Daly said:
Gallop and NRL would be onto it and force you to play you top team or be fined 500k
Or get 0 points for remaining games Poor gate takings would kill the club no tv games
Due to lack of interest and sponsors would pull the pin, and the press would have a field day, apart from that it sounds like a GREAT IDEA !!!

But none of this happens to Parra, who run out each week with a bunch of blokes who should be in the reggies. :D :D

Manly Daly said:

Mate I am full of GREAT IDEAS.

I couldn't give a rats arse what happens in the first month of the NRL, it gives no indication of how good a team is or how they are going to be travelling six months down the track.

Manly could forfeit the first month this year and still make the 8.

Volley said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:
Volley said:

Nerd

Says the person who calls themselves "Clit Commander".

I wonder if he commands his own clit? Surely the Tele could pick this up and go with the headline

Hermaphrodite manly fan wants to forfeit first month of season

In shocking news today a hermaphrodite who currently follows the premiers would like to forfeit the first month,believing that nothing that happens within the first month of the nrl season matters,including injuries at training whilst waiting for the season to commence

Leading doctors disagree due to the fact that George Rose's weight would continue to grow above what any human has ever experienced,maybe even morphing into one of the famous Hutt's from the planet Hutta close to Tantooine and other players muscles would be so tight,when they finally played after a stupid month off,their muscles would easily tear like toilet paper

Sources close to Kane from the WWE also believe that overmuscled players of any sport would be subject to easily tearing muscles,as was experienced by the wrestler before he slimmed down and hasn't been seriously injured since the muscle reduction

The Eagle said:
Leading doctors disagree due to the fact that George Rose's weight would continue to grow above what any human has ever experienced,maybe even morphing into one of the famous Hutt's from the planet Hutta close to Tantooine

:lol:

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6