Let's Build a Winning Side for 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wizball1973

Reserve Grader
1. Snake ($600,000) - I'm not in favour of paying him the reported amount but we need him to secure Glenn.

2. Williams - released - with Cherry, Foran, Stewart and Lyon in the backline we can only afford budget wingers. Estmated salary $180,000; New winger $80,000 = SAVED $100,000.

5. Oldfield - signs on for 80kish or leaves to be replaced by another new, untried and cheap winger.

4. Lyon - Stays.

3. - Matai - released - replace with Whare. Estimated salary $250,000. Whare already included in cap. New, untried and cheap centre $80,000 = SAVED $170,000.

6. Foran - Stays.

7. Cherry - Stays.

Backline losses: Williams, Matai.

Savings $270,000.

13. Stewart - stays.

11. Watmough - Stays.

12. T-Rex - Released. I can see Tony destroying Queensland this year and his asking price will balloon out to $500,000+ a year. Cannot see how we can afford that. Hate to see him go. I'll assume we can keep him...

8. Kite - Stays because he has a contract and why would he leave.

10. King - As above.

9. Ballin - If T-Rex stays then he goes. Estimated salary = $300,000. Replaced by Buhrer who is already included in the cap. New, untried but cheap hooker = $80,000. SAVINGS = $220,000

Also released:

Joe - Love him but he is getting on. Estimated Salary $150,000. Replaced by a youngster on $80,000. SAVINGS = $70,000.

Darcy - $270,000? No. Released.

Forward loses - Ballin, Joe (If a T-Rex deal is done).

Savings = $290,000

Total savings $560,000.

In following years we release King, Kite and Jamie and replace them with cheap and untried youngsters.

Thoughts?

Also, i can't see why offloading Matai is a good idea considering we probably won't get another contract out of Jamie Lyon. T-rex, in my opinion, is right up there with DCE and Foran in terms of player to retain.

bones said:
T Rex is already signed for 2013.

And no way should we let Matai go.

Isn't he signed for 2012 with an option in his favour for 2013? So after SOO Parra will throw a million dollars at him.

My son will be 20 in 2031, can we start looking at that years team now?

Matas boys will be looking at signing their last NRL contracts about the same time, to ensure their future after a long career in the maroon and white.

As Stevo said can we worry about 2012 for the moment.

All i know is if Snake leaves we are going to suffer in defense, though im prepared for it and keeping DCE is very important.

bones said:
T Rex is already signed for 2013.

And no way should we let Matai go.

Don't want to see anyone go but we can't have them all. Matai is off contract at the end of this year I think and I can see Cronulla making another play for him.

wizball1973 said:
1. Snake ($600,000) - I'm not in favour of paying him the reported amount but we need him to secure Glenn.

2. Williams - released - with Cherry, Foran, Stewart and Lyon in the backline we can only afford budget wingers. Estmated salary $180,000; New winger $80,000 = SAVED $100,000.

5. Oldfield - signs on for 80kish or leaves to be replaced by another new, untried and cheap winger.

4. Lyon - Stays.

3. - Matai - released - replace with Whare. Estimated salary $250,000. Whare already included in cap. New, untried and cheap centre $80,000 = SAVED $170,000.

6. Foran - Stays.

7. Cherry - Stays.

Savings $270,000.

13. Stewart - stays.

11. Watmough - Stays.

12. T-Rex - Released. I can see Tony destroying Queensland this year and his asking price will balloon out to $500,000+ a year. Cannot see how we can afford that. Hate to see him go. I'll assume we can keep him...

10. King - As above.

9. Ballin - If T-Rex stays then he goes. Estimated salary = $300,000. Replaced by Buhrer who is already included in the cap. New, untried but cheap hooker = $80,000. SAVINGS = $220,000

Also released:

Joe - Love him but he is getting on. Estimated Salary $150,000. Replaced by a youngster on $80,000. SAVINGS = $70,000.

Savings = $290,000

Total savings $560,000.

In following years we release King, Kite and Jamie and replace them with cheap and untried youngsters.

Thoughts?

drugs are bad mkay

Cambo said:
wizball1973 said:

4. Lyon - Stays.

6. Foran - Stays.

7. Cherry - Stays.

Savings $270,000.

13. Stewart - stays.

11. Watmough - Stays.

10. King - As above.

Also released:

Savings = $290,000

Total savings $560,000.

Thoughts?

drugs are bad mkay

Quoting South Park = fail. But, then, you knew that.

Cronulla & a host of teams will make a play for Matai if he is available.
He is a must keep player who imo is world class centre these days with his all round game matching his aggression.
The halves are a must & T Rex a matchwinner , though I believe he has a get out clause for 2013 but hope I'm wrong....why would he want to leave anyway- unless he gets a ridiculous offer & is sick of winning.

You might 'save' 560k but you'll spend twice that to upgrade contracts.

And don't be knocking South Park, mkay.

MK Eagle said:
Cronulla & a host of teams will make a play for Matai if he is available.
He is a must keep player who imo is world class centre these days with his all round game matching his aggression.
The halves are a must & T Rex a matchwinner , though I believe he has a get out clause for 2013 but hope I'm wrong....why would he want to leave anyway- unless he gets a ridiculous offer & is sick of winning.

I think **** teams like Parra, Cronulla etc will make massive plays for both that we can't match - and shouldn't.

I keep reading that T Rex has a get out clause if Hasler is not the coach, but I thought he re-signed for two more years well after the Dog Hasler had bolted.

bones said:
I keep reading that T Rex has a get out clause if Hasler is not the coach, but I thought he re-signed for two more years well after the Dog Hasler had bolted.

I think it's 1 year and an option in his favour. He did re-sign after De$ left I'm sure??

Im pretty sure he did re sign for another 2 years , however the last year probably has some sort of stupid clause , i assumed he only signed for 2 years so that an upgrade could take place about when the cap rises perhaps??

T rex is a beast cant lose him , we are seeing now what he can do - when he wants to be he cant be stopped.

Let's let the people at the club worry about 2013! Our job is to enjoy the great side we are watching run around this year!
And release T-Rex.... Wtf

Haz88 said:
Im pretty sure he did re sign for another 2 years , however the last year probably has some sort of stupid clause , i assumed he only signed for 2 years so that an upgrade could take place about when the cap rises perhaps??

T rex is a beast cant lose him , we are seeing now what he can do - when he wants to be he cant be stopped.

So we all want Matai and T-Rex to stay - who is leaving then? Stewarts?

lloydy said:
Let's let the people at the club worry about 2013! Our job is to enjoy the great side we are watching run around this year!
And release T-Rex.... Wtf

If we have Foran and Cherry on massive deals and Parra offered him 600+ (and we all know they have no financial sense) then he's gone.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2