Let's find the paper trail from News Limited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
We all know Harrogant has been on the payroll of News Ltd for years so no surprises he wouldn't award us a try until the game was well over. 

Why does the video ref not pull Folau up for a high shot on Robertson when he dragged him by the neck over the sideline?  Why does the video ref not call a strip when the hand is clearly visible?  Where does that touchy come from for the "push in the back" on Orford?

But it is also obvious that Archer is being bent to give the Storm a more than fair run.  How often did he piggy-back them with soft penalties in the first half?  How could Choc's hit on Slater earn a penalty when Crocker's on Stewart in the GF doesn't?

The game was blown off the back of 14 points all stemming from soft penalties that were not even 50/50 calls. 

This **** makes me want to turn the NRL off and watch the Super 14 instead.

That's EXACTLY what I was saying in the other thread!!! Melboure would have won anyway, but the refereeing helped melbourne make it a comfortable win

That's just a convenient excuse for us being totally outplayed. Sure some of the calls were poor but that happens in every game, every week. We gave away stupid penalties when we should have been more disciplined. We aren't in the same league as the Storm and it's no good blaming the ref. If we had been given 20 penalties I still don't think we had the structure to make them pay.

I agree on your call about the touchy, worse decision of the night and the stupid nuffy compounded it by running onto the park and drawing attention to himself. He'll be dropped.

We were outplayed but we were not outplayed by 20 points!

That was a well SCRIPTED win by Melbourne

Couldnt agree more witj Matta. Ive been watching this game for 40 yrs. If Melbourne arnt backed to win to put bums on seats in Melbourne ive been watching a differnt game. Im so close to being over it and giving it away, its no longer sport, its only abt marketing in melbourne, no one else stands a chance. There needs to be an enquiry into the whole League.

exactly my thoughts QLDEagle67.

There was so much scripted BS in that game it was ridiculous, in particular with melbourne to put bums on seats

If they are to persist with that, at least teach the fans the ****ing rules, did that **** anyone else?

ooohing and arrrghing everytime someone was tackled?

I won't blame the ref for the game, however, he helped make the Storms job a LOT easier.

Manly did not get the 50/50s and the the penalties went their way big time early on. The ref was poor and we got the rough end of the pineapple. We were outplayed in the middle 40 of the game though I thought there were positive signs. We have more to offer and will learn from this.

My favourites for the night were us being penalised for tackling little Billy, and them holding down Lyon for as long as they needed to get set

Statistics support that the team that has the ball for the majority of the first half wins the game. They had over 60% in the first 30. We came back with soft penalties later on to even up the game but it was all over by then.

That is classic Archer CW

Screws a team for 65mins then gives a few cheapies at the end of a game to even it up

guys i dont think ive seen a melbourne game in the last 3 years when they havent got all the 50/50 calls

Melbourne may as well of got a 10 point start tonight the way on the back of 3 poor calls from that **** archer they got in the positon to score two tries.

Then i couldnt believe how Lyon was practically rapped when he was tackled a meter out. Deadset the one of the storm defenders could have rooted him they had so much time on him.

I some of Melbourne's (cam smith in particular) forward passes were blatant and i dont recall any being pinged.

That no try is up there with one of the worst video ref decisions i have ever seen.

The ref decisions REALLY hurt us. But was it the penalties and tackling that REALLY resulted in us screwing up two play-the-balls, passing balls from the scrum base so that a ballerina has to leap to catch them, failing to plant it down when over the line, throwing second-hand plays that were downright irresponsible or putting in kicks that achieved absolutely zero? I don't think so. They were just heaps better and far more committed than we were. That was the strongest deja vu I have had for ages.

Flip link said:
I won't blame the ref for the game, however, he helped make the Storms job a LOT easier.
True to an extent flip but the only teams to beat melbourne are the ones who muscle up exactly what cronulla & the roosters did.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4