Lets show some control and class

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HI,

I posted similar on a thread but feel strongly enough to put this up. Over the finals series I think we saw - from some sections - the ugly side of Manly supporters. There is a disgusting group of supporters that let fly with all sorts of filth, it's time we showed the class we think and claim to have.

I have seen our supporters abuse a little girl for being nothing more than a storm supporter - and then when her father had the hide to challenge this 'lady' her boyfriend/fiance challenged the man physically - pathetic.

Forget the violence of "Donnybrook" the vile behavior of some of our supporters is what would stop me (and does) taking my son to games.

I for one am sick of the racism on this site of late. The current spate of pathetic weak comments hits close to home as my wife and family who are kind, considerate and good people - they happen to be Lebanese. That means my son shares their blood, does that make him or them a bad person? By some peoples reckoning it does, I invite some of you to spray this invective in my direction at the games next year. I will happily give you a lesson on what it truly means to be a man - that does not mean racism, violence, foul language and abusive speech. Grow up, it is a game and you are being sucked in by some people who think it is good sport to troll forums like this.....how do you even know their race? foolishness

We are more than a pack of animals, lets not behave like them

Yeah a post I agree with, and with a bit of substance to it.

Havent seen many of these in the last 48 hours.

I particularly like this part

"I invite some of you to spray this invective in my direction at the games next year. I will happily give you a lesson on what it truly means to be a man - that does not mean racism, violence, foul language and abusive speech. Grow up, it is a game....

This site will not tolerate racism of any sort. Put up rubbish and it will be the sin-bin for posters. Please think before you post. This is a public forum and no one is immune from being traced and prosecuted outlined here http://www.hreoc.gov.au/racial_discrimination/cyberracism/vilification.html or under other legislation.

Yes, good post hill. As well as stopping any form of racism I think we also need to stop offensive comments aimed at the man who led us to two titles in the past four years and perhaps another next year.
There are a lot of upset Manly supporters at the moment but we need to show class and composure.

Please add homophobia. Many gay and lesbian supporters.

Trollng normally doesn't involve any truth mate :p

Gotta try and get a bit of normality back into the place as well lol

Hello Silvertails,

First off the bat - I'm not here to troll.
Actually, I lie. That's not entirely true.
Lets just say that I'm here in good faith.

Sure, it'd be easy to have a laugh at your expense right now, but for me it's about as fun as pushing a primary school kid into the girls toilets and going "Ha-Ha" like Nelson. - Those are cheap laughs, and at least 'one' Dogs fan here is above that.

I've been here on your forum once before (I'd post a link to my previous work but it says I need to have 5 posts before I can post a link to it) ... I had intentions of popping back some months ago when a young player of yours had a nasty car accident. I had some log-in issues and then it slipped my mind. I distinctly recall it caused a ripple through our Dogs community online the day we heard. That being said, I hope he's OK these days.

So lets get to the elephant in the room - We got Des eh ?

I dont speak for all Dogs fans, but I can tell you this one is shocked as you are. I get the impression some of us are rejoicing, while others are wondering what it all means for 2012. Me, personally ... I sit somewhere in the middle. Just wanna make the finals in 2012 first. Then, sometime during next year, the reality of Des coming may sink in a little more.

I'm sure you've all been busy winning finals games, catching buses across the Harbour and hatin' on Storm to notice we've had some coaching/boardroom shenanigans lately too ! It was only a few months ago our board went back to "Square One", when their plan to anoint Moore over Bennett in 2008 took two-and-a-bit seasons to fizzle out.

The papers was quoting those pesky un-named sources, and we were leaking rumours galore. Some of you punters might recall right in the middle of it all, you spanked our arses by about 30 points.

Anyhoo, I digress ...

I just wanted to drop in (as an authentic free-thinking Bulldogs fan .... and yes, we DO exist) and say a few things in the hope they'd resonate over the off-season whenever you wind up thinking about the Bulldogs and/or their fans ...

- Congrats on the GF win : Like most we were cheering the Warriors too. But it has to be said, 3 GF's in 5 years cant be ignored. It sucks that you haven't been able to enjoy it much over the last week, but lets face it ... I'm not going to feel a whole lot sorry for you lot.

- With Des coming to us in 2013, we dont feel anything different towards you than we already feel : In other words, you're still Manly and we still don't like you much. It'll be business as usual in 2012, and I'd like to think you'll appreciate that familiar warm embrace of hate from us when we meet.

- There might be the occasional opportunist dressed as a Dogs fan who pops into your forum over the coming months to have-a-dig ... for the most part, we'll understand you continually banning idiots when you see them coming. (Just ask Ceagle about 'our' forum :p)

- The poster who made the thread about "class" deserves a special mention.

Through experience we've learned to ignore papers and their writers-parading-as-journos. They said he was not coming, and then coming, and then you guys denied it, and then they said not coming until 2013 ... it wasn't until Todd Greenberg spoke today, that we started to allow it to sink in.

Never in my wildest dreams, could I have imagined the day where Des Hasler would switch allegiances and join the Bulldogs. We've heard of a dozen other names in the last few months. I just didn't think Des could be possible, or was even a possibility. If I were a betting man, I may have lost a fortune.

All that being said ... I know it's no consolation, but rest assured Des is coming to a good home. He will be embraced and given free reign.

The reality is, being top of the NRL tree is hard for fans. We shed all of our 2004 GF players except for three by the time 2009 rolled around. Some got offered coin. Some just walked out. The papers took advantage of every conceivable issue and magnified it.

Take my advice - Buy the DVD's : They're good company for drowning sorrows when the bad times come, and considering you can watch multiple DVD's with multiple GF wins from recent years, it'll help to keep the trolling Wests, Saints, Parra, Rooster fans at bay.

CaptainKickass said:
Hello Silvertails,

First off the bat - I'm not here to troll.
Actually, I lie. That's not entirely true.
Lets just say that I'm here in good faith.

Sure, it'd be easy to have a laugh at your expense right now, but for me it's about as fun as pushing a primary school kid into the girls toilets and going "Ha-Ha" like Nelson. - Those are cheap laughs, and at least 'one' Dogs fan here is above that.

I've been here on your forum once before (I'd post a link to my previous work but it says I need to have 5 posts before I can post a link to it) ... I had intentions of popping back some months ago when a young player of yours had a nasty car accident. I had some log-in issues and then it slipped my mind. I distinctly recall it caused a ripple through our Dogs community online the day we heard. That being said, I hope he's OK these days.

So lets get to the elephant in the room - We got Des eh ?

I dont speak for all Dogs fans, but I can tell you this one is shocked as you are. I get the impression some of us are rejoicing, while others are wondering what it all means for 2012. Me, personally ... I sit somewhere in the middle. Just wanna make the finals in 2012 first. Then, sometime during next year, the reality of Des coming may sink in a little more.

I'm sure you've all been busy winning finals games, catching buses across the Harbour and hatin' on Storm to notice we've had some coaching/boardroom shenanigans lately too ! It was only a few months ago our board went back to "Square One", when their plan to anoint Moore over Bennett in 2008 took two-and-a-bit seasons to fizzle out.

The papers was quoting those pesky un-named sources, and we were leaking rumours galore. Some of you punters might recall right in the middle of it all, you spanked our arses by about 30 points.

Anyhoo, I digress ...

I just wanted to drop in (as an authentic free-thinking Bulldogs fan .... and yes, we DO exist) and say a few things in the hope they'd resonate over the off-season whenever you wind up thinking about the Bulldogs and/or their fans ...

- Congrats on the GF win : Like most we were cheering the Warriors too. But it has to be said, 3 GF's in 5 years cant be ignored. It sucks that you haven't been able to enjoy it much over the last week, but lets face it ... I'm not going to feel a whole lot sorry for you lot.

- With Des coming to us in 2013, we dont feel anything different towards you than we already feel : In other words, you're still Manly and we still don't like you much. It'll be business as usual in 2012, and I'd like to think you'll appreciate that familiar warm embrace of hate from us when we meet.

- There might be the occasional opportunist dressed as a Dogs fan who pops into your forum over the coming months to have-a-dig ... for the most part, we'll understand you continually banning idiots when you see them coming. (Just ask Ceagle about 'our' forum :p)

- The poster who made the thread about "class" deserves a special mention.

Through experience we've learned to ignore papers and their writers-parading-as-journos. They said he was not coming, and then coming, and then you guys denied it, and then they said not coming until 2013 ... it wasn't until Todd Greenberg spoke today, that we started to allow it to sink in.

Never in my wildest dreams, could I have imagined the day where Des Hasler would switch allegiances and join the Bulldogs. We've heard of a dozen other names in the last few months. I just didn't think Des could be possible, or was even a possibility. If I were a betting man, I may have lost a fortune.

All that being said ... I know it's no consolation, but rest assured Des is coming to a good home. He will be embraced and given free reign.

The reality is, being top of the NRL tree is hard for fans. We shed all of our 2004 GF players except for three by the time 2009 rolled around. Some got offered coin. Some just walked out. The papers took advantage of every conceivable issue and magnified it.

Take my advice - Buy the DVD's : They're good company for drowning sorrows when the bad times come, and considering you can watch multiple DVD's with multiple GF wins from recent years, it'll help to keep the trolling Wests, Saints, Parra, Rooster fans at bay.

hey guys Maroon Man here!

piss off back to the kennel kaptain

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8