Lewis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Apparently (well according the lurker at sportal), Luke Lewis is available. With Tetevano and Hoppa III off the books, is he worth a one year speccie for bench depth?

We do have a great record getting ex Penny vet back rowers...

I like him as a player but he did not contribute in 2014 and would be too expensive. We are also well covered by roles he would play. Other than that .. yeah great!!!

Good player. Didn't recover quickly from the injury in England last year. If fit, sure.

Luke Lewis is a quality footballer. Hasn't had much luck with injury since moving to the Sharks. One thing's for sure you wouldn't be picking him up cheap.

Why does everyone think he would be expensive? I wouldn't think he could ask for much if the Sharks are offloading him...

Anyway, if the lurker says it's true then it probably isn't...

Loobs said:
Apparently (well according the lurker at sportal), Luke Lewis is available. With Tetevano and Hoppa III off the books, is he worth a one year speccie for bench depth?

We do have a great record getting ex Penny vet back rowers...

Still ok player but no thanks.
As everyone knows (including Gift) we are too old.

We release 3 senior forwards and sign a 35 year old (willie),
Mateo (30) & Vave (26)?

And Wolfie (28) is pushing to regain his position
in 1st grade.

We are just too old.

Please Tooves be tuff and promote a few of our young
stars this year.

Push it up Manly.

I don't think Lewis would be expensive. I also don't know that he would offer much to our side. I think his days in the NRL may be nearly over, and he may even find it hard to book a flight to England to retire now.

5 years ago, I would have jumped at the chance to sign him. 5 years is a long time in the NRL though.

mozgrame said:
5 years ago, I would have jumped at the chance to sign him. 5 years is a long time in the NRL though.

Agree. He's a player I would loved to have seen in our backrow. But not now with the coin I'd expect we'd need to get him.

When fit is almost an automatic selection for NSW and Aus. Of course he would be expensive.Great player,would be great at Manly but it is a simple case of can we afford him.I would say we couldn't.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6