Liam is in if Lyon is out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

seaeagledave

Reserve Grader
http://dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-to-pick-liam-fulton-if-jamie-lyon-fails-fitness-test/story-e6frexnr-1226472944503

Makes the most sense to me out of all the options.

No concerns there. As everyone knows, I'm a huge Liam Foran fan. In fact, I'd love to see him get the 14 next season, if Buhrer slots into 12 after T Williams dumps our jersey for The Bulldogs.

As I have stated, I think he could have Hinchcliffe type of benefit to our team.

Agree entirely with this approach. TRex or Buhrer in the centres would be a death sentence for us. Leave them where they play best.

I only want Lyon to play if he is fit.

We have 2 fairly important games after tomorrow night.

So the scenario here is that Whare goes to RHS to cover for Killer, Keiran pushes out one wider on LHS and Liam slots inside him ? Can't see Foran swapping to RHS, would be too disruptive to existing patterns.

Not a great scenario but probably the best option. The LHS is going to rely heavily on T-Rex in attack now, so hope his pre-match hype is delivered. RHS with Whare and Oldfield will be a worry. We need Gifty and DCE to really focus up and play smart down that side, I can see Snake getting more involved on that edge to provide some options as cover for losing Killer.

We need defense to cover the Thurston,Bowen,Sewerneck combo. This is where they score their points. I'd be putting one of the Forans on Tate. Actually Liam was very good defensively when he subed for K Foz and if he happens to take Tate out of the game then all the better.

Chip and Chase said:
So the scenario here is that Whare goes to RHS to cover for Killer, Keiran pushes out one wider on LHS and Liam slots inside him ? Can't see Foran swapping to RHS, would be too disruptive to existing patterns.

Not a great scenario but probably the best option. The LHS is going to rely heavily on T-Rex in attack now, so hope his pre-match hype is delivered. RHS with Whare and Oldfield will be a worry. We need Gifty and DCE to really focus up and play smart down that side, I can see Snake getting more involved on that edge to provide some options as cover for losing Killer.

I read it as being this:

1. Snake
2. Oldfield
3. Whare
4. K Foran
5. Tafua
6. L Foran
7. DCE

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that is a better lineup than having Jamie play injured. We know both Forans have great defence and both have a pretty fair kicking game. The lift they and in turn the team would get from the Brothers playing their first NRL game together would be massive IMO.

I hear what you are saying ralphie. You have me pumped for the bro's to play together now. Take this the right way, but it's almost like I'd be disappointed if Jamie plays now. I want to see how the bro's will go.

This is the best option by far. As we have seen our defence falls apart when the backline is reshuffled and has either Williams or Buhrer in the centres, i.e. Parra and Knights games. This option will have not have the same negative impact imo.

Clint said:
I hear what you are saying ralphie. You have me pumped for the bro's to play together now. Take this the right way, but it's almost like I'd be disappointed if Jamie plays now. I want to see how the bro's will go.

Don't get too carried away there Clint!!

I'd be putting Liam on the bench even if killer does play.

1. Snake
2. Taufua
3. Lyon
4. Whare
5. Oldfield
6. K Foz
7. DCE
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Choc
12. Buhrer
13. Gift

14 T Rex
15. Lussick
16 Rose
17. Liam

Luv Joe but he's carrying too many injuries to risk.

mickqld said:
I'd be putting Liam on the bench even if killer does play.

1. Snake
2. Taufua
3. Lyon
4. Whare
5. Oldfield
6. K Foz
7. DCE
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Choc
12. Buhrer
13. Gift

14 T Rex
15. Lussick
16 Rose
17. Liam

Luv Joe but he's carrying too many injuries to risk.

This is a good team Mick, but Tooves will go for T-Rex to start.

That explains why, when they showed on the news Killer at training yesterday, Liam was looking very involved training with them.

Great to see that Tooves is keeping his cards close to chest on this, it will keep the Cowboys guessing. I hope Liam does play 5/8 and drives JT back to Townsville in one tackle.

So did he pass the fitness test today or not? I'm guessing he didn't but they won't officially rule him out till before the game.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8