Liam Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Sounds promising!

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Shining-Knight-claims-Blues-berth/77825

With the ink barely dry on his new three-year contract, young Sea Eagles up-and-comer Liam Knight will make his Under 18s NSW Origin debut on Wednesday night at Suncorp Stadium .

After making his first NYC appearance in Round 9, Knight, 17, has been named to take on Queensland in the curtain raiser for Origin II.

The Narrabeen local knows very little of his opposition and isn’t even sure where he will be playing, but he is just thrilled he’s been given the opportunity to represent his state.

“I’m pumped!” Knight said with a grin on his face. “I haven’t really had much sleep in the last couple of days.

“I just want to get into camp with the boys and have a bit of fun. I’m so keen.”

Since making the step up from SG Ball to Holden Cup, Knight has started in the back-row on every occasion and he admits the step up from the Under 18s has been a challenge he’s thoroughly enjoyed.

“It’s so much fun!” Knight said. “It’s a lot different.

“I didn’t think it would be that different to SG Ball but it’s a lot tougher and faster.

“It took some time to get used to with fitness and things like that but I’m really enjoying myself.”

Sea Eagles Recruitment Officer Dave Warwick praised the tall teenager for his recent selection and believes an NRL berth isn’t too far away, as long as Knight remains focused and motivated to reach the top.

“He’s developing. We’re very happy for Liam, the whole Club is,” Warwick said.

“He has got [an Origin call up] through hard work but that’s just the start of it.”

“As a club representative, I’m quite excited that he’s sticking with us.

“He has got potential [to crack first grade] but he’s just got to keep working hard.

“It’s something we continually talk about. It’s not something that when you make these teams you say he’s going to make it. It’s ongoing and Liam understands that.”

I think this is from last year. Have we had a try-scoring, goal kicking second rower before??
__
SG BALL - Round 9
Sea Eagles v North Sydney Bears

It’s never an easy task heading into your last game of the season under the knowledge that your finals chances have come and gone. Manly’s SG Ball side took on the North Sydney Bears with this in the back of their minds and as a result, turned in a strong performance to finish the season with a victory.

Minutes prior to kick-off, a short but torrential downpour ensured a slippery start to the game which saw many errors and penalties in the first eight minutes.

Second-rower Liam Knight broke the deadlock in the 9th when be carried defenders over the line to open the scoring.

He scored again in Manly’s very next attacking set when hooker TJ McLean made a smart move down the short-side to set him up in the corner.

Knight achieved a feat hardly ever seen on the footy field, claiming a hat-trick of tries in the opening fifteen minutes when McLean combined with him again, throwing an epic long ball from near the posts for Knight once again to cross over on the left-hand side of the field.

In the final ten minutes of the half, error upon error from the Sea Eagles gave the Bears all the ball leading into the break. However, the Bears could only manage a single try through big interchange forward Fabian Dudley who barged over the line from close-range to put Norths on the scoreboard for a 16 – 4 lead to Manly.

A poor start from both sides in the second half culminated in a sloppy pass from Manly lock Dallas Koen which found North’s winger Niko Fiapileniko who sprinted 40m to score untouched, bringing the bears to within a converted try.

It didn’t take long for Manly to hit back once again through - you guessed it - Liam Knight who claimed his 4th try for the afternoon. Knight converted his own try to take the score line to 22 – 10.

After consecutive penalties against the bears, the referee’s patience was clearly wearing thin. So a blatant shoulder charge from Bear’s prop-forward Jordan Winterburn saw him sent to the bin for the remainder of the match.

Surprisingly, it didn’t appear to phase the Bears who crossed not long after through Fiapileniko who got his second out wide, bringing the Bears once again to within a converted try.

Manly coach Dane Mckay had a nervous final five minutes with his players defending set on set on their own line after making three errors and giving away three penalties within their own half.

In the end, the Bears couldn’t manage a try. A chivalrous performance from Knight – who scored every point for the Sea Eagles – proved the difference in the end, with the Manly Sea Eagles finishing their season on a positive note with a solid performance and a victory.

MANLY SEA EAGLES (TRIES: Knight 4/ GOALS: Knight 3/4)
NORTH SYDNEY BEARS (TRIES: Dudley, Fiapileniko 2/ GOALS: McWilliam 2/3)

C'mon silvertails, you disappoint me! Surely someone should have called for him to be rushed into 1st grade by now, along with Chee kam, Sao, Cunningham, gutherson et al?

What about Josh Starling...who was on some benches for next year even though he has not been signed!

Shoe1 said:
C'mon silvertails, you disappoint me! Surely someone should have called for him to be rushed into 1st grade by now, along with Chee kam, Sao, Cunningham, gutherson et al?
If Chee Kam was not injured for an extended period may have got a shot by now.
Sao - probably next in line behind Gower/Hasson who have already made the top grade.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4