Libs to block Rudd's rescue initiative

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Malcolm Turnbull has stated that the Liberals will not support legislation this week to enable the implementation of yesterday's announced fiscal stimulation plan.

"We wanted an immediate tax reduction of 20% for all people earning over $500,000, a grant of $100,000 to all farmers, a sales tax and GST rebate on caviar and champagne, and FBT free purchases on all BMWs and Lamborghinis."

"Quite frankly the Labor government has failed to grasp the magnitude of suffering in the community."

"Their plans for handouts to the poor that will only be frittered away on pokies and the ridiculous attempts to improve schools, roads, housing, energy efficiency and infrastructure just show us how far off course the Rudd government has become."

ManlyBacker link said:
Malcolm Turnbull has stated that the Liberals will not support legislation this week to enable the implementation of yesterday's announced fiscal stimulation plan.

\"We wanted an immediate tax reduction of 20% for all people earning over $500,000, a grant of $100,000 to all farmers, a sales tax and GST rebate on caviar and champagne, and FBT free purchases on all BMWs and Lamborghinis.\"

\"Quite frankly the Labor government has failed to grasp the magnitude of suffering in the community.\"

\"Their plans for handouts to the poor that will only be frittered away on pokies and the ridiculous attempts to improve schools, roads, housing, energy efficiency and infrastructure just show us how far off course the Rudd government has become.\"
  Gold!

Agree if Rudd proposed to remove tarriffs on imported luxury cars & reduce company tax rates on profitsd over $1 mill Turnbull would have passed it without blinking

Your post has more fiction than fact MB however I agreed to Turdbull has been a major dissapointment.  From what i have heard don't be surprised if he is ousted this year and Peter Costello takes his place.   

The libs popular choice at the moment is Joe hockey but it is probably a bit too early for him. 

The school handouts should only go to government schools and not private and the insulation should be means tested as the proposal allows the richest people to have free insulation.  Turdbull can pay for his own. 

The $10b handout prior to christmas was a failure and the $12.7b handout this time would be better spent on improving public transport, new train lines, hospitals and other infrastructure projects which would provide long term benefits rather than a one off $12.7b stilulus of which most would be swallowed up by pokies and pissed up against the wall.

Read the last thread about the handout, that is still true and that is why Turnball is blocking this one.

As a government you don't give money directly to the people unless it is a tax rebate at the end of the financial year.

It is going to be a joke when the labs cut defence spending to pay for all of this ****.

Tookey is right!

Zep link said:
Read the last thread about the handout, that is still true and that is why Turnball is blocking this one.

As a government you don't give money directly to the people unless it is a tax rebate at the end of the financial year.

It is going to be a joke when the labs cut defence spending to pay for all of this S**t.

Tookey is right!

Someone agrees with me.  **** I better check if my wife has received her $950 yet so I can go the RSL club and blow it on grog and pokies. 

It is not necessarily a fact that the first stimulation plan was a failure. You know as well as I do that the last quarters figures do not come out for over a month yet!!! With Christmas spending etc it is also hard to measure.

I am not sure of the difference between a cash handout or a tax rebate except for the timing.

I watched Turnbull on the 7.30 Report tonight and he whole gambit is much into election strategy for 2010 in trying to develop the idea that the Libs are much more fiscally responsible than Labor, especially when we are faced with hard economic times. Should things pick up or not be as bad as feared, he will come a massive cropper, what with the enemies he has in his own party and the knives sharpened for him.

The Senate will not block this passage so Tookey might be able to enjoy his drink in late March or early April. Zep - what defence spending has to do with this, I have no idea but frankly we should get out of Iraq and Afghanistan as soon as possible.

I watched Turdbull on the 7.30 report also and he still comes accross as a pompus upper class twit who the average Australian will never be able to relate to. 

How does someone worth hundreds of millions of dollars relate to people who have very little?  They live in a different world which may as well be another universe.

he may well be very intelligent as some have said but I think that he is out of touch with the difficulties faced by the average Australian and he won't be the opposition leader come the next election. 

tookey link said:
I watched Turdbull on the 7.30 report also and he still comes accross as a pompus upper class twit who the average Australian will never be able to relate to. 

How does someone worth hundreds of millions of dollars relate to people who have very little?  They live in a different world which may as well be another universe.

he may well be very intelligent as some have said but I think that he is out of touch with the difficulties faced by the average Australian and he won't be the opposition leader come the next election. 

he doesn''t have to relate, he has to lead. He doesn't have to be nice, well-liked or agreed with. Every decision he does shouldn't effect the individual australian but Australia as a whole. A man who made all those millions by himself (admittably on the coatails of someone else), sees the bigger picture. He could have had any CEO job in Australia yet he turned to politics. You want action that is best for Australia? Vote Turnball in.

Kevin Rudd shall be forever known as the man who gave australia $2k and put us into ruins.

Canteen Worker link said:
Zep - what defence spending has to do with this, I have no idea but frankly we should get out of Iraq and Afghanistan as soon as possible.

Your ignorance on the subject really bemuses. The defence force is the largest employer in this country. Cutting defence spending doesn't sack any from it, it stops new recruits joining. New recruits where a large percentage are single white males who buy the goods that the Government wants people buying. This might fall of deaf ears of those who can think logically about a subject but the reason for the last boom in the American Economy was partially due to the Wars. They increased spending. Guns have to made, people have to be hired to do logistics etc etc. You want to have infrastucture projects, start a war. But the reason for the War is for a different thread that i will also defend with great passion as i saw the need for the War on Terror.

Due to the large Defence budget it is normally the first thing to get cut because they see it as the easiest target. Who needs a defence force we are pulling out of Afghanistan and Iraq(when is that btw? another Rudd election promise that went nowhere due to his realisation that we need the US a hell of alot more than they need us)??

Canteen Worker i have said it once and i will say it 1000x till i get through to everyone, you don't give the people of the country money, you give them jobs that earn money.

tookey link said:
Your post has more fiction than fact MB however I agreed to Turdbull has been a major dissapointment.  From what i have heard don't be surprised if he is ousted this year and Peter Costello takes his place.   

The libs popular choice at the moment is Joe hockey but it is probably a bit too early for him. 

The school handouts should only go to government schools and not private and the insulation should be means tested as the proposal allows the richest people to have free insulation.  Turdbull can pay for his own. 

The $10b handout prior to christmas was a failure and the $12.7b handout this time would be better spent on improving public transport, new train lines, hospitals and other infrastructure projects which would provide long term benefits rather than a one off $12.7b stilulus of which most would be swallowed up by pokies and pissed up against the wall.

Can't wait for when Costello starts tearing labor to shreds as leader.

I like Hockey but may have to wait another 8 years or so before getting a look in.

i really enjoyed hearing costello on the radio. I still remember hearing 2 years ago about a paper costello wrote a further two years about the sub prime issue in the US and how it was going to stop the flow of money.maybe it was the election the the libs had to lose ?! :p

ManlyBacker link said:

\"We wanted an immediate tax reduction of 20% for all people earning over $500,000, a grant of $100,000 to all farmers, a sales tax and GST rebate on caviar and champagne, and FBT free purchases on all BMWs and Lamborghinis.\"

\"Quite frankly the Labor government has failed to grasp the magnitude of suffering in the community.\"

\"Their plans for handouts to the poor that will only be frittered away on pokies and the ridiculous attempts to improve schools, roads, housing, energy efficiency and infrastructure just show us how far off course the Rudd government has become.\"

Labor's spending spree is merely spending on social issues such as schools (which no doubt need the money but les could be spent better on the needy schools), insulation and 20,000 houses for the housing commsions bludgers. 

It is not a economic budget which will provide long term benefits to the country.  It is merely a waste of money.  We will be $118b in debt and nothing to show for it.

Rudd is obviously being told what to do by Gough Whitlam as this has all the marks of Whitlam spending at its best in the seventies.   

I dont think I will get anything as I am assessed as a dual income with no kids.  If myself and my wife were assesed on our individual incomes we might scrape in and get something.  That pisses me off.

Gart it looks like i will be getting the hand. Half will go to charity and half will go to my sister for her kids.

I really don't like the idea of getting money for nothing.

Canteen Worker link said:
I am not sure of the difference between a cash handout or a tax rebate except for the timing.

How about this, the more you earn - which normally relates to how hard you work or have worked in the past - the more you get from a tax rebate (people who are already a dredge on society and don't have jobs don't get a handout - YIPPEE!). I hate a society where people who earn $42k (maybe it is $50k now) are litually punished for earning anything more if they work overtime or take a harder position on. It is a stupid world.  There is a major difference between a tax rebate and a handout - Just think for 2 secs!

Getting money for nothing - I figure I have never got a cent out of the government and have paid my taxes I want something back when everyone else seems to get some kick backs.  How can someone earning $80k get the $950 yet a couple earning $160k get nothing?

The $950 that I get now will cover a very small amount of the extra tax I will have to pay in five years when either this Government, or the next have to pay back the huge amounts that KRudd and No Idea Swan give away in there little stimulus package.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8