Livestream Blocked

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Umiwashi

Hi Everybody!

So all of a sudden Livestream into Japan was blocked. The is the service that the NRL tells Japanese viewers to use. Missed seeing the game last night and replays are also blocked.I haven't seen any announcements/ press releases related to this (but it is the NRL).

I have contacted the NRL, but I am not holding my breath (it is the NRL).
Contacted Livestream, they were much more proffesional with an automated reply and time estimation on their reply.

Any Japanese fans know what's going on?

Hopefully, the work experience guy just flicked the wrong switch.

Go Manly!

Use a vpn, before I had Foxtel I used this site but I think from memory the country I used was Germany

Thanks, Clay.

I received a very quick reply from the NRL. Great service from them.

Here it is as it may help any Japan fans or those traveling to Japan.

Hi David,

Thanks for your email.

We now have an official broadcaster (DAZN) in Japan that streams live NRL games.

http://www.dazn.com/

We apologise for the lack of communication and confusion, as this was not communicated on our website.

We have been notified that the anticipated launch of DAZN in Japan this weekend has been delayed so Livestream has been reactivated until they officially launch which is anticipated to be in the next week or so.

As you may not be aware, in any region where there is no broadcast partner, overseas fans can access our games for free via the livestream service.

Thanks again for your patience with all this. We appreciate your support of Rugby League.

Kind regards

Robert
Supporter Liaison

Thanks Umiwashi (nice name by the way). I too was surprised last night when I couldn't connect to Livestream. A vpn is the way to go. It took me to Latvia where there's not too many league fans apparently but a high speed internet service.

If you're willing to pay for a paid service. (Almost everywhere in Asia works - Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam, I'm in China, so often use a VPN so I can Facebook and Silvertails at the same time.)

Then I suggest a site called rugbypass. It's so much more reliable than livestream, I've never not had full HD, no lags, delays, or buffering.

It's around $80 for the year from memory. Every televised NRL, ESL, and Super Rugby match (and minor RU leagues like SA etc.), as well as every League and Union international match, plus State of Origin also.

Every match is stored for later viewing like livestream too.

Best website for me, I'm an avid RL and RU fan.

The Ecuadorian embassy in the UK is a top place to watch games as well.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4