Local juniors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Oldfield, hoppa, king, watmough, Mauro - wonder when we last had 5 local juniors in 1st grade? Add foran from st Ives, and a bunch of players who have been with manly since they were teens.. Wonder if any other nrl clubs have this many? (qld teams don't count, as they claim any queenslander!). I can remember a time when cleary, elsegood, Menzies, Hancock, gartner, tooves and Chris Ryan were in the side.

Ps, Anyone whinging about lack of recruitment now ;0)

Totally - too many local juniors... clearly we haven't been recruiting from elsewhere well enough! ;)

[quote author=Shoe1 link=topic=187145.msg327831#msg327831 date=1301262437]
Oldfield, hoppa, king, watmough, Mauro - wonder when we last had 5 local juniors in 1st grade? Add foran from st Ives, and a bunch of players who have been with manly since they were teens.. Wonder if any other nrl clubs have this many? (qld teams don't count, as they claim any queenslander!). I can remember a time when cleary, elsegood, Menzies, Hancock, gartner, tooves and Chris Ryan were in the side.

Ps, Anyone whinging about lack of recruitment now ;0)
[/quote
Out of interest..does anyone remember if Stewie Davis was a local ?

tulley link said:
Yep Stewart Davis was a local played for Harbord and Cromer

Cheers thanks Tully, a mate of mine said he worked at a servo in Cromer but wasn't sure he grew up there.

he went to school at Cromer and went to Harbord to play under Bob Fultons coaching as part of a gun team when he was about 13 y.o

The two iron with ears! Most of today's wingers would eat a couple of Stuey Davis' for breakfast.

Actually, the service station at Cromer wher Stewie worked was Derek Moritz's BP. Derek was a great fullback/ winger and goal kicker.

ads link said:
Totally - too many local juniors... clearly we haven't been recruiting from elsewhere well enough! ;)

That argument has been put forward Ads (see post #11 - http://www.silvertails.net/forums/index.php?topic=186849.msg323066)

I wasn't aware Cleary was a local junior.  Elsegood was related to Bumper Farrell.  Just read a book about that Bluebag stalwart.  Well worth a read.  One tough hombre. 

DSM5 link said:
I wasn't aware Cleary was a local junior.  Elsegood was related to Bumper Farrell.  Just read a book about that Bluebag stalwart.  Well worth a read.  One tough hombre. 

Cleary, yep, he was a couple of years below me at beacon hill high school. May be a dark horse for our next coach if Dessie ever wants to retire, and tooves doesn't want the job.

That would be an interesting choice.  He'd probably be very good as he certainly has a ton of respect and is intelligent.  A very good player of both codes.

Shoe1 link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=187145.msg327904#msg327904 date=1301271372]

Cleary, yep, he was a couple of years below me at beacon hill high school. May be a dark horse for our next coach if Dessie ever wants to retire, and tooves doesn't want the job.
[/quote]

Toovs wants the job, without a shadow of a doubt he is our next coach.

I'll be happy with either.  Toovs certainly is an influence when  on the field.  He was such a fantastic player.  So tough. 

MadMarcus link said:
[quote author=ads link=topic=187145.msg327834#msg327834 date=1301262918]

That argument has been put forward Ads (see post #11 - http://www.silvertails.net/forums/index.php?topic=186849.msg323066)
[/quote]

Huh remembered that one for sure. shoooper funny stuff

MadMarcus link said:
[quote author=ads link=topic=187145.msg327834#msg327834 date=1301262918]

[/quote]

Haha - here I am trying to be funny, only beaten by either a troll or an over earnest person with more passion than brains. :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4