Locky's Farewell A Sunday Blockbuster At Suncorp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Locky's Farewell A Sunday Blockbuster At Suncorp
NRL Media
2/08/2011 5:10:29 PM
The NRL and its broadcast partners Nine and Fox Sports have set the scene for the most emotional Sunday in Broncos history with Darren Lockyer’s final Telstra Premiership club game scheduled for a live telecast on the Nine Network on September 4 at Suncorp Stadium.

The Round 26 match between the Broncos and the Sea Eagles will be one of the must-see games in the final Premiership round as well as a pre-finals farewell to perhaps the greatest Bronco of all time.

“This will be an emotional farewell for Brisbane fans and in particular families who in some cases will have followed Darren’s remarkable career over three generations,” NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said today.

“It’s great to see the broadcasters working together in a way that allows the club to create a truly memorable occasion and I would like to acknowledge the support of both the Chief Executive of Nine Entertainment, David Gyngell, and the Chief Executive of Premier Media Group (Fox Sports) Patrick Delaney.”

Mr Gyngell today said that the live broadcast of the match would create an opportunity for all Rugby League fans to share in the emotion of the day:

“On behalf of Nine I would like to thank the NRL and Fox Sports for working together to give one of the game’s greats a fitting farewell.

“Darren has entertained all of us over the years and this will set the scene for a marvelous public tribute.”

The schedule for the remaining matches for Round 26 have not yet been finalised and will be released until next week.

The decision to announce the selection of the Brisbane v Manly game ahead of the full schedule is in response to intense public interest in the match.

MarkTramby will have to be at his best for this one. They'll pack this joint as well as the away supporters area with Bronco fans. How long before he's back anyone?:-/

Airfares are too high now for an up and back in the one day.Last look at Virgin from syd was 88 up/135 ret (same day).Haven't checked Jetstar yet

Jetstar is 69/109

If you think we have been treated badly by the refs over this season wait till this one.52,000 baying for a penalty each and every tackle.We'll be playing 19 up there,not 17.

The final piece in the puzzle no doubt will be the appointment of Chechin and Robinson with Harrigan in the video ref chair for a special appearence.

...and this makes the Melbourne game really vital.It will be one of our greatest wins if we can beat the odds up there.The heathens wll burn the joint down if the fix isn't in.

I just can't see us doing it unfortunately so we need the 2 points the previous week and I think we'll get them.

And for Beaver's farewell match at Brookie what did we get? A Monday night!!

of course it's an even playin field................

Booked flights

Me and Jonesy travelling up Sat on QF 528 (1.05pm) and back Sunday QF557 dep 20.15 (was just over $220 return)

Haven't booked accom as yet

Message from Chris at Amassador
"Mark is still away in the middle of nowhere, though I did see last night on the news Sunday is locked in.
I will be sending out the GDE and 1 night package flyers today…hopefully."

(Note: GDE Game Day Experience - so functions, tickets etc so you get to be with the main MWTS group before and during the game - but doesn't include accomodation etc)

Bradza said:
And for Beaver's farewell match at Brookie what did we get? A Monday night!!

of course it's an even playin field................

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

In 2009 the NRL helped El Masri get a fitting farewell and now it looks likely that Andrew Ryan will also be looked after for his farewell.

The NRL did nothing for Beaver for his final home match. Nice double standards.

It is hard to forget the rubbish served up for Beaver's farewell. Hazim, Bobcat and of course St Lockyer are special. Good luck to them I guess but it is still one of th worst scheduling decisions ever for the game's greatest cleanskin, one club legend and highest try-scoring forward. Grrr :)

The worst two games this season to get are, playing Melbourne in round 1 in Melbourne against a team desperate to prove a point and playing Brisbane in Brisbane in Lockyers final home game.........and we got them both.

What's the big deal? Lockyer will be playing at Suncorp in the final series, so it won;t be his last home game.

Kiwi Eagle said:
This game is on my birthday, who's chipping in to get me there ?

I'll buy you a drink if You make it there!

We have got our 10 tickets through a "contact" and there will be 8 maroon and whites, a parra scum and some pommy git all giving it to the Bongos.

Will be great to deny them a place in the top 4.

The Who said:
What's the big deal? Lockyer will be playing at Suncorp in the final series, so it won;t be his last home game.

Not if they come 5th after we beat them.

vidmar said:
"Mark is still away in the middle of nowhere, though I did see last night on the news Sunday is locked in.

(Note: GDE Game Day Experience - so functions, tickets etc so you get to be with the main MWTS group before and during the game - but doesn't include accomodation etc)
thanks Bob and Chris. Tramby will be in overdrive when he comes back.:D

vidmar said:
Booked flights

Me and Jonesy travelling up Sat on QF 528 (1.05pm) and back Sunday QF557 dep 20.15 (was just over $220 return)

Haven't booked accom as yet

Can you flick one to me [email protected]

Cheers - Jerry

Passed your email address to Chris at Ambassador Jerry1 so you should get something soon - if not pm me and make sure it's followed up?

See you in the Caxton!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4