Logic of Greenturd and the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
There was an article today around about Greenturd and the NRL discussing raising the allowance for clubs to keep and sign marquee players from $600K per club to a much bigger sum and protect them from French and UK rugby clubs.

Well excuse me but why is the NRL investing that sort of money in players who are only interested in the coin?

Yet the NRL is forcing the clubs to lose their long term players who want to stay with their club because of an unfair salary cap that rewards greed over loyalty.

Take note Greenturd, the fans are sick and tired of hearing about their players negotiating with other clubs, the season is only 6 weeks old and we are getting this constant and unwanted speculation about player movements to other clubs.

The fans are voting with their feet, fix it Greenturd!!!

Who have we lost to French Rugby ?

SBW - didn't want to be in the NRL anyway
Khunt - had already signed with AFL
Gasnier - who cares
Mason - no NRL club wanted his baggage anyway

so all up we have lost 4 muppets to the Frogs and that brings on hand wringing and grandstanding from Greenturd.

Meanwhile loyal players are forced out of their clubs and the game because of the archaic salary cap. Get some perspective here Todd.

Gift should say he's considering a move to Koren badminton.

Then maybe Greenturd will throw some money at him so that he stays.

Actually its not about the players exactly. The NRL put a market value on players as well. If they are given a contract for less the NRL will often turn it down as it is seen somewhat as a trade restriction and other clubs may miss out.

A stupid rule if you ask me. But the marquee player deal would have seen us keep the likes of Beaver for another year and would mean we certainly keep Gifty

Not sure about how its going to be implemented, but I am pleased that the game itself can afford it.

On Greenturd, I spoke to a Bulldog supporter the other day who thought he was the second coming ... that was until he joined the NRL. At first he tried to tell me he's only turned since he joined, but he said so with a smile!

I don't think logic and the NRL should be used in the same sentence.

Idiots and the NRL go together well though

Dan said:
Actually its not about the players exactly. The NRL put a market value on players as well. If they are given a contract for less the NRL will often turn it down as it is seen somewhat as a trade restriction and other clubs may miss out.

A stupid rule if you ask me. But the marquee player deal would have seen us keep the likes of Beaver for another year and would mean we certainly keep Gifty

Well yes but they waited until lockyer retired before bringing that ruling in

MissKate said:
Dan said:

Well yes but they waited until lockyer retired before bringing that ruling in

and?
Fine by me, Lockyer was a good player, and brisbane already have an advantage with their base. So why give them more.

It's like any rule, if they had brought rules in earlier others would have benefited.

The net result is that it will make it easier to formulate and reward one club long term players

tookey said:
Folau should still be in the NRL just so we can see him crying again when we beat his team in the grand final.

Israel-Folau.jpg

It has been said by many commentators and the like that they do not care what happens to Manly.

In fact the 'tall-poppy syndrome' arises every time we discuss Manly and other less professionally run clubs. Manly has been professionally run and very successful for many years that other clubs can only dream of achieving.

The NRL will fix this 'problem' when it affects South, Melbourne, Easts or Bulldogs.

They will not move until then and hope that Manly either fold or become no threat in the competition so they can gloat upon our demise.

The NRL will bend over backwards to secure the services of players who have no loyalty to the game but only play for the money. The NRL will do nothing for clubs (especially Manly) and players who want to maintain the one-club player tag.

If it wasn't so serious it would be laughable. :mad:

Jethro said:
tookey said:
Folau should still be in the NRL just so we can see him crying again when we beat his team in the grand final.

Israel-Folau.jpg

Well...I'm officially "twisted". I must be a stunted human being. Situations like this usually send a shot of empathy straight through your heart and brain. Here is a picture of a person in a state of great emotional pain and mental turmoil, but instead of rushing to comfort, help and reassure this poor soul......I just sit here and giggle! I need help!! Maybe I'm Palestinian? It gives me joy to Israel in such pain.

Jethro said:
tookey said:

Israel-Folau.jpg

Never get tired of looking at that picture.

Folau can substitute a waratahs jersey for a strorm one this year although they won't even make the final.

How'd ya go playing AFL Israel? He's no Kieran Jack.....despite having the best AFL coach in the past 30 years.

All of this BS shows that the NRL isn't loyal to its clubs. Its loyal to how much money they can make. As has been stated, they bend over backwards to try and retain/regain headline players such as $BW and Folau, players who have shown that they will generally play anything so long as they are going to be paid more than what someone else is offering. Yet when a club like Manly is crying out for help in retaining long term...loyal...players such as Glenn Stewart, the NRL sits on its collective backside and does nothing.

Chip and Chase said:
Who have we lost to French Rugby ?

SBW - didn't want to be in the NRL anyway
Khunt - had already signed with AFL
Gasnier - who cares
Mason - no NRL club wanted his baggage anyway

so all up we have lost 4 muppets to the Frogs and that brings on hand wringing and grandstanding from Greenturd.

Meanwhile loyal players are forced out of their clubs and the game because of the archaic salary cap. Get some perspective here Todd.

Remember we were looking at getting Big Willie but risked a fan fallout.
Oddly I wanted him at Manly.

After extensive analysis, the NRL now has the tools to rid the game of dangerous tackles

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/after-extensive-analysis-the-nrl-now-has-the-tools-to-rid-the-game-of-dangerous-tackles/story-fndujljl-1226889889572

With the numbers now in front of him, Greenberg said the NRL would continue to make decisions based on research and facts.

“What the analysis shows is that there is no simple answer. This is a contact sport with multiple moving parts and applications,’’ Greenberg said.

“Making blanket decisions that are really prescriptive doesn’t work.

bwahaha!!!!!!! But hang on. Like they got rid of the shoulder charge using no substantive evidence at all?

Maybe they should go back to the videos of 2012 games and learn that shoulder charges should never have been banned.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6