LOL@Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pride-gate
Stab-gate
Gladstone-gate
Foran-gate
Salary-gate
Barrett-gate
Keith Titmuss
Turbo
Turbo
Turbo

...been an awesome couple of seasons...

Well if you can't laugh at yourself........?

I just wish we wouldn't provide ourselves with so much material.

You've heard of "only in America" ? Welcome to "only at Manly".

This year has turned as bad as 89, northern eagles and 2nd last.

Cowboys game, last 5 mins

Eels games, including final minute of the first one

Souths 12 men game, including Marty’s offload

Saints game

Even the win over the storm was ruined by the last 4 min

Complete torture.
The most unmanly side I can remember in a bloody long time, I'm never confident of a strong display, I'm not even confident of victory against the tits on Sunday. Bring on the off season asap

Bump

Season over. If it kept on going we would be spooners. De$ running out of excuses. At post match presser against dogs De$ stated we were guilty of moments of inexperience. Meanwhile the most experienced overpaid myth was sitting next to him.

You can only LOL at the basket case of a club we have become.

This year has turned as bad as 89, northern eagles and 2nd last.

Cowboys game, last 5 mins

Eels games, including final minute of the first one

Souths 12 men game, including Marty’s offload

Saints game

Even the win over the storm was ruined by the last 4 min

Complete torture.
This wasn’t even taking into account rainbow-gate, manase the knife, injuries to key players on nothing plays.

So yeah worst season ever in my 50 years.

Yeah, I've said throughout the year that everything evens out over an NRL season and we'd finish where we deserved to finish: 9 wins, 15 losses and a points differential of -105. Maths has never been my strong point, but no amount of variables can make that look good.

I think it's also important to realise that this was always how the season was going to end for this team. No matter which side of the issue you come down on, it's easy to blame the jersey fiasco for "derailing" Manly's season, but the truth is, if we were a strong, united club, with players, coaches, management and owners all pulling in the one direction, one way or another we would have never faced such manufactured outrage and drama in the first place, or, once we did, we would have dealt with it effectively and moved on. We would have started to play footy again. We never did.

Could we have won more games if refereeing calls and injuries had gone our way? Of course. But once we found ourselves in the position of having to pull together and win consistently, it just wasn't in us. Could we have beaten the Roosters if the Not-so Magnificent 7 had played? Maybe, but probably not. The ones who were fit played the following week and we couldn't beat the Eels. Or the Titans after that. Or Canberra. Or the Bulldogs. The idea that we were just going to keep on winning, in a season where we'd already shown we weren't capable of doing that, is laughable.

We were a middling, inconsistent team before the jersey debacle and we remained a middling, inconsistent team after it.

If there are fractures in the playing group (and from the outside looking in, it sure looks that way), then they were there before anybody asked any of them to wear a slightly more colourful jersey. Those fractures were not created by the club's marketing department. They did not wave their woke leftist magic wand and turn the playing group into a factionalised, poorly-coached, unfit rabble overnight.

Winning has a way of papering over cracks and structural defects. The only positive of not winning, which we have turned into an art form both on and off the field, is that those cracks and structural defects are there for everyone to see. What we need now is accountability, from the players right up to the owners. We need to stop making the hole we've dug for ourselves deeper than it already is and start looking for a way out.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6