LOL - NRL doubleheader forces changeroom shuffle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Nest 08

Reserve Grader
Always thought there could be a problem with the dressing rooms with a double header!

Sharks & Cowboys have to use the SCG .... !!!!:D:p

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-doubleheader-forces-changeroom-shuffle/tabid/10874/newsid/74561/default.aspx

manlyfan76 said:
not really first world problems, but more like two stadium policy problems.

and what is the betting they would still rather spend millions of dollars adding additional change room facilities to the 'major stadia' instead of spending it on the boutique grounds that the fans actually want to go and watch footie at

NRL innovators couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery :mad:

Meanwhile, the 90k ANZ stadium has a Vacancy sign still up for tonight :mad:

MissKate said:
manlyfan76 said:
not really first world problems, but more like two stadium policy problems.

and what is the betting they would still rather spend millions of dollars adding additional change room facilities to the 'major stadia' instead of spending it on the boutique grounds that the fans actually want to go and watch footie at

I wouldn't put it past them!

It's almost a pity we're not using the SCG. We've got David Gower and look likely of knocking up a big score.

I always thought if I was Greenburg, .. ah ... why not do this .. !!.

If they can’t play at Shark Park (an NRL policy?) why not have the 1st Semi at SCG try and get a 20,000 crowd with good price tickets and kick off at 4pm or 4.30pm and then drag 20% of the crowd next door after the game (!) to the Roosters v's Manly game:

Roosters v’s Manly was always going to attract a 30,000 to 32,000 crowd any way, but try and get that to a full house closer to 40,000 !

A Win/win to the NRL:

Crowd at SCG; 20,000
Crowd at Allianz/SFS: 40,000
Total crowd 60,000 for the 2 games

NO / NO will get a 34,000 to 36,000 all up instead for the 2 games!! Go back to management school Mr. Greenburg !!.

Just told my mate from Melbourne about this and his response was, "what sort of rabble are you running up there?"

This is small stuff. Who cares?

Under the News Ltd system, that Gallop refused to change, Manly would face potentially being knocked out this weekend if they lost, despite finishing in the top 4.

For better or worse, the scheduling of the first week of the finals has seen me come to the following conclusions.

1. The NRL doesn't have as much control over the use of ANZ Stadium that many fans believe they do. If they did, why is it every time there is a scheduling conflict there to do with the Swans, its the AFL that gets to nod to play there?

2. Nein have bought and paid for the NRL, so Nein gets what Nein wants. They wanted Souff$ to play tonight, the got Souff$ tonight. And that's regardless of any rule that says a team should have no less than 6 days between finals games. If we'd won last week then we'd be playing tonight on a 4 day turnaround. Wonder what excuse Greenturd would have given for that?

3. And speaking of Greenturd, I believe he is still looking after the Dogs. How else can anyone explain them getting not only a 10 day rest between games, but also a stand along home final while the minor premier Roosters have to play Manly in a DH....a game which I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least 30,000 in attendance regardless of stray Shark or Cowboys fans.

Rex said:

Under the News Ltd system, that Gallop refused to change, Manly would face potentially being knocked out this weekend if they lost, despite finishing in the top 4.
It was a better system. The only system better would be the old top five structure. With the stadium policy the way it is there is no benefit for most Sydney teams coming first. If fourth cant beat fifth and the other results out them who cares. They don't deserve to be there.

If they do decide to go ahead with this 2 stadium policy, will they be able to fit all matches in over a weekend with the AFL games included ?

Seems like this weekend is quite busy and not all sydney teams are even playing. The draw would be an absolute nightmare to arrange.

HoldenV8 said:
2. Nein have bought and paid for the NRL, so Nein gets what Nein wants. They wanted Souff$ to play tonight, the got Souff$ tonight. And that's regardless of any rule that says a team should have no less than 6 days between finals games. If we'd won last week then we'd be playing tonight on a 4 day turnaround. Wonder what excuse Greenturd would have given for that?

5 day turnaround - Sunday to Friday. This talk all week about 4 day turnarounds has been annoying me the whole week. Whether you want to talk about the number of sleeps, or the number of days between, it's always 5.

But yes, every team should have been playing off a 6 day turnaround, and thankfully for us we now are.

Seano said:
Rex said:

It was a better system. The only system better would be the old top five structure. With the stadium policy the way it is there is no benefit for most Sydney teams coming first. If fourth cant beat fifth and the other results out them who cares. They don't deserve to be there.

Under Gallop's lottery system you could finish the rounds in 6th, be thrashed in week 1, be saved by other results going as expected, and end up in the GF with just 2 scratchy wins out of 3 games. Hardly a merits-based system.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2