LOL@PARRA

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle

First Grader
Chris Anderson to help Stephen Kearney at Parramatta Eels
BY: BRENT READ From: The Australian June 29, 2012 12:00AM

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/chris-anderson-to-help-stephen-kearney-at-parramatta-eels/story-fnca0von-1226411516676

TWO-TIME premiership winning coach Chris Anderson is on the verge of a return to the NRL after being offered an opportunity to work alongside Stephen Kearney at Parramatta - a move that scuppers speculation of a coaching change at the club.

Kearney and Anderson won a premiership together at Melbourne in 1999 and it is understood the Eels' coach has been the driving force in negotiations to hire his former mentor.

Parramatta officials were tight-lipped last night but The Australian understands an announcement could be just days away provided the parties can strike an agreement. Should that happen, it would be a remarkable return for Anderson, who has been out of the NRL since resigning as Sydney Roosters coach 16 games into the 2007 season.

While Kearney will remain head coach, it is understood Anderson will act as a mentor and help ease the burden.

His arrival will also douse speculation about Kearney's future.

The New Zealand Test coach has one year remaining on his contract and there have been suggestions that the club would part ways with its coach at the end of the season, or even sooner.

That now appears highly unlikely, although Kearney will need to end this year well and enjoy a flying start next season to ensure his stay at Parramatta is long-term.

His cause will be helped by Anderson's arrival.

As well as leading the Storm to a premiership, Anderson coached Canterbury to a title in 1995 before stints at Cronulla and the Roosters. He also enjoyed a very successful tenure as Australia coach, losing only three games during his five years in charge of the Kangaroos. He has kept his toe in the water in recent years through occasional media commitments and work with the NSW Legends.

One of Anderson's first duties will be to help Kearney extract the best out of star recruit Chris Sandow, who has had a horrid first season at the club.

With Kearney armed with reinforcements and his future secure, focus will switch to coaches at other clubs feeling the pinch, most notably those at Canberra, St George Illawarra and the Sydney Roosters.

Blues coach Ricky Stuart, off contract with the NSW Rugby League at the end of the year, had been linked with Parramatta but he appears more likely to return to Canberra next season in some capacity.

Stuart has also been linked with the Dragons and the Roosters, where coach Brian Smith is under increasing pressure after a frightful dip in form that has resulted in the team winning only two of its past nine games.

While Stuart has been associated with a return to the club, it is understood the Roosters have a high opinion of Smith's former assistant, Trent Robinson, who is currently coaching French club Catalans in Super League.

The Roosters have also been associated with a big-money move for Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy when his current contract expires at the end of next season.

As for the Dragons, their coach Steve Price laughed off speculation over his future this week, insisting he had the support of the club and of its chief executive, Peter Doust.

Oh dear. I was always cross with the Eels for pipping us in the early '80s but these days I mainly just feel sorry for them.

But didn't Kearney say he didn't want an assistant when Jason Taylor was mentioned?
Better get your messages straight, Parra.

The Who said:
But didn't Kearney say he didn't want an assistant when Jason Taylor was mentioned?

I'd say no to Taylor as well. Geez I hate that bloke.

firechild said:
The Who said:

I don't have a problem with him. He had good results as a coach, and I enjoy his analytical judgements on matches. I played cricket against him once; he was alright, but a far better footballer. And he seeme a nice enough bloke.

Yeah get Anderson back so we can put 50 on them like we did to him when we ended his career at the Rorters. Wouldn't that be sweet.

"As for the Dragons, their coach Steve Price laughed off speculation over his future this week, insisting he had the support of the club and of its chief executive, Peter Doust."

Gooooonneeee.

lsz said:
I would not laugh at others considering our board situation.....

If our Board is that bad then it proves wrong the old 'trusism'
that winning starts from the front office.

Good move by Anderson IMO. Parra can't go any worse and if they win a few ppl will think its because of him and then some other basket case of a team will appoint him as coach, maybe he can take John hoppa with him then.

I like the bit about Easts making a play for Martina.
What, are they trying to copy the dogs in buying the other winning formula?

I don't know why our board gets singled out as a basket case. Dogs & Rorters think throwing money around fixes everything. Parra, Canberra and Penriff are too stupid to take advantage of their enourmous talent pools. Souffs trainers can't work out why they're continually damaging their players. Dragons have a team of robots that the appointed heir to the throne can't seem to deprogramme now that it has a few bugs in it.

Why us?

The Who said:
firechild said:
The Who said:

I don't have a problem with him. He had good results as a coach, and I enjoy his analytical judgements on matches. I played cricket against him once; he was alright, but a far better footballer. And he seeme a nice enough bloke.

I admit to enjoying JT's commentary. He is not afraid to criticise a player. It seems like an unwritten rule for some ex-players that they can't bag anybody but I remember JT doing City v Country last year and while the other commentators were blowing smoke up all the players butts but JT was openly putting forward his view on why the players shortcomings and why they shouldn't be selected for the Blues. His honesty was refreshing and I found his analysis spot on.

Masked Eagle said:
The Who said:
firechild said:
The Who said:

I admit to enjoying JT's commentary. He is not afraid to criticise a player. It seems like an unwritten rule for some ex-players that they can't bag anybody but I remember JT doing City v Country last year and while the other commentators were blowing smoke up all the players butts but JT was openly putting forward his view on why the players shortcomings and why they shouldn't be selected for the Blues. His honesty was refreshing and I found his analysis spot on.

Would love to see him and Mick Ennis who is surprisingly awesome at commentary down the track get a few NRL games

Done by drug castle. Can. I still bet on them for the spoon? $andow is the definition of a myth. Parra 12- drug castle 20

manlyfan76 said:
Done by drug castle. Can. I still bet on them for the spoon? $andow is the definition of a myth. Parra 12- drug castle 20

not sure what game you watched.. Sandow actually played ok, its just that 15 other players played like shyte.

Newcastle was also Lucky that TOnga is such a Hog of the ball, Parra could of won.

Anyway as long as we beat them next week. hey always lift against our team

the other player who played with their all was Hindmarsh

Parra odds on to win wooden spoon

Read the 'heartbreak' @ http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/the-parramatta-eels-are-odds-on-favourites-for-the-nrl-wooden-spoon/story-fnbh07p7-1226419818469

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6