LOL @ the Purple Scum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
swoop said:
I am not laughing so loud. We haven't exactly been setting the world on fire.

Im with swoop on this one. i will laugh harder if we start stringing some back to back wins together.

But the scums form has been funny. A colleague at work is a big storm supporter, and they have been very quiet lately.

swoop said:

Im with swoop on this one. i will laugh harder if we start stringing some back to back wins together.

But the scums form has been funny. A colleague at work is a big storm supporter, and they have been very quiet lately.

I'll be more inclined to laugh (and even then only softly to myself) if we beat the Warriors this afternoon.
Melbourne's forward pack is led by Jason Ryles, FFS, so it's somewhat amazing they're able to win games at all. There's only so much Bellamy, Cronk, Smith and Slater can do.
Our loss to the Storm at Brookvale still infuriates me and pretty much sums up our season so far: we started poorly, got ourselves back into the game and in a winning position by half-time, showing glimpses of our best form, then inexplicably fell in a heap and handed them the game.

I'll be more inclined to laugh (and even then only softly to myself) if we beat the Warriors this afternoon.
Melbourne's forward pack is led by Jason Ryles, FFS, so it's somewhat amazing they're able to win games at all. There's only so much Bellamy, Cronk, Smith and Slater can do.
Our loss to the Storm at Brookvale still infuriates me and pretty much sums up our season so far: we started poorly, got ourselves back into the game and in a winning position by half-time, showing glimpses of our best form, then inexplicably fell in a heap and handed them the game.

Eagles2nv said:
swoop said:

So you're both laughing at least.

Good to hear chaps!

Tally Ho!

Eagles2nv said:
swoop said:

So you're both laughing at least.

Good to hear chaps!

Tally Ho!

The current interpretation of the shepherd rule has me baffled.

Storm dummy runners consistently intentionally run into defenders covering across field, interfering them from covering. Because the ball is passed wider the refs ignore the interference. After the ball is passed wider, the outside attackers then run into the gaps created by the lack of cover defenders. If this is how the refs will officiate, then we need to use the ploy, because it is an easy try.
---------------

Shortly after half-time 44th minute I think, Gus said he saw the Storm attacker raise his knees into the tackler's head. They didn't replay it. Knocked the defender silly. Look ugly and intentional. A Manly player would have got months for it.

The current interpretation of the shepherd rule has me baffled.

Storm dummy runners consistently intentionally run into defenders covering across field, interfering them from covering. Because the ball is passed wider the refs ignore the interference. After the ball is passed wider, the outside attackers then run into the gaps created by the lack of cover defenders. If this is how the refs will officiate, then we need to use the ploy, because it is an easy try.
---------------

Shortly after half-time 44th minute I think, Gus said he saw the Storm attacker raise his knees into the tackler's head. They didn't replay it. Knocked the defender silly. Look ugly and intentional. A Manly player would have got months for it.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6