lolz @ souffs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
Loyal Lewis snubs Rabbitohs

May 28, 2008 PENRITH have announced the re-signing of star Luke Lewis, dealing a major blow to embattled fellow NRL club South Sydney who were also chasing the utility.

The Panthers said they had extended Lewis' stay at the club for another four years.

"I'm very pleased that Luke has been able to extend his tenure with the Panthers," CEO Michael Leary said in a statement.

"Luke has been one of our most versatile players this year and is performing well.

"It is satisfying to see a local junior play good football with the Panthers."

Lewis played three State of Origin matches for New South Wales in 2004 and was made 18th man for game one this year.

I bet Craig Wing is glad that he left to rooters to join these losers.

They should never have been let back in the comp and now they are going for groundhog day and bringing back papas and richardson.  They weren't good enough before and how will they improve things now?

Apparently there is a rule written into every contract that no deal is complete until after round 13. Sounds like an insane deal, but that was what Shane Richardson was saying on radio the other day.

So basically, Penrith had the right to offer him a counter-offer up until next round - they did, and he accepted.

Seems pretty crazy though.

Either way, great news for Penrith. Lewis has been in awesome form for them since he signed with Souths!

They just reported on Fox sports news that he had verbally agreed to join the bummies but had not signed the contract

Piss off bunnies.

I don't even care if Luke Lewis performed a dog act. No one deserves to be stuck playing for those losers.

This is exactly the same as Steve Turner's decision to back out from the Titans and stay in Melbourne. 

In Lewis's point of view, why would you go to a club/organisation where there is absolutely NO belief? 

It's hard to figure out if it's really a dog act or not - sure there are the principles of having a verbal/informal agreement, but until you sign in the ink you can always have a change of mind, and that's why you haven't signed yet.  Did that make sense?  I'd hate for it to happen to us, but then i read all the coments on that stupid Telecrap site and we get such a bum wrap i just figure 'stuff em'.  Besides, Manly is too professional to go around parading a player that has informally agreed to join the club.

It is not the same as Turner.

Under the rules the current club, and presumably anyone else interested can negotiate till Rd 13. No contract can be signed till after then.

So anyone who is supposed to have signed a contract can't have done so till then.

Dog Act maybe, but there was no contract. Turner had a contract and was "persuaded" to break it.

So on this round 13 rule, I take it, if they want, Parra could offer Tony Williams 500 grand a season and he would probably accept that meaning he doesn't play with us?

Maybe it is something to do with a verbal agreement against a signed contract/offer confirmation.  Steve Turner verbally agreed to go to Titans and for some reason that was upheld as a commitmment by NRL.  Williams might have already out pen to paper therefore negating the Round 13 rule.

Anyway who cares - it is only Souths

i'm no lawyer but i'm pretty sure a verbal agreement stands up in court much like a signed one.  one of the only things i remember from uni!

Try proving a verbal contract in court egg.

Might be the same in school but the old saying "a verbal contract is worth the paper its written on" is spot on.

[quote author=tookey link=topic=177571.msg185529#msg185529 date=1211961739]
I bet Craig Wing is glad that he left to rooters to join these losers.

They should never have been let back in the comp and now they are going for groundhog day and bringing back papas and richardson.  They weren't good enough before and how will they improve things now?

/quote]
I reckon wing must be glad that he's injured.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2