Long-serving player concessions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Right on cue, suddenly News is trumpeting the virtues of one-club players and long-serving player allowances with 2 separate pieces on foxsport site.

Now that Manly has lost most of our long-term players, they suddenly agree it is an issue!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-must-reward-player-loyalty-says-retired-roosters-legend-anthony-minichiello/story-fn2mcuj6-1227194978265

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-season-2015-games-bosses-need-to-put-higher-price-on-player-loyalty/story-fn2mcuj6-1227194974797

Interesting to see that from our current roster Matai has played the most games for Manly (203), followed by Snake (200) and Ballin (195).

Wiki says Lyon has 190 and Wolfman might be next with 100.

Well Billy Slater is coming off-contract so...it wouldn't be fair if Storm couldn't retain him :rolleyes:

I totally disagree with any concessions until it can help us again, we've lost so much in the last 3 years

Even lost Beaver to the lack of this

Obviously Souffs and Dogs have a group of players coming up to the right limit

Right on cue, suddenly News is trumpeting the virtues of one-club players and long-serving player allowances with 2 separate pieces on foxsport site.

It's truly amazing isn't it.

Hard not to be cynical.

NRL should just lift the salary cap to 10 million and let some of the billion they have tied up for their own 'war chest' super go.

The rlpa should..wait...the rlpa?? lololo hahah

I hope Foz and DCE both top 300 games for Manly

Me too, mate.

I did an almost thesis and statistically laden piece, and sent it through to the NRL about the long serving player allowance, which was summarily ignored.

There is NO ****ing way players like Watmough, Stewart, Matai & others should have to think about uprooting their families. That's NOT what the cap was designed to do. They need to even the game out with something different.

What? I'm not sure, but there should be an individual compensation PER PLAYER that is at a club over a certain amount of years, and that compensation needs a multiplier if that particular player is a local junior.

To be fair the NRL also needs to balance against clubs under paying players in say years 8 & 9 and then allowing a form of back ending in a salary cap exempt payment (and you know this would happen with slater at the storm(

I guess what I am saying is as much as it has hurt us I am not sure there is a simple solution

Not surprisingly.....I agree that concessions need to be made.

But it should be based on the number of first grade games played. Set it at 200 and offer further concessions at 250.

I don't believe Kitey or Gift would have had to leave we're these measures in place. Just another example of the Keystone Cops approach of the NRL.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8