Looking forward to his weekend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Righteo, what will the Warriors bring ?

I can guarantee you 1 thing, if we stop Vatuvei, we stop the Warriors. That is a lot easier said than done though. He is their man, possibly the most influential winger I have seen.
I presume Williams will be marking him, even if it is Oldfield, Lyon is going to have to communicate with them in a big way

Their attack is extremely limited, lately it has been little more than the forward rumbling it up, not many in their with the flair of the old style Warriors forwards, and getting to the last where they bomb over to Manu's wing. Mannering and Luck play 80mins and do nothing more than tackle

Henderson may be out which will be a bonus to us and limit their attack out of dummy half.

A nice, dry day would be just what we want. They have played nearly every game on a wet track the past 10 weeks, only nice, dry day they played they got hammered by Souths, their style suits wet weather footy, and Steve Price told me that they always want the rain

Danger Men

Vatuvei has been spoken about
Tate, a true leader in their side, need Matai to have a big one
Brown, 1 of the most under rated players in the comp
Ta'ai, a big, devastating unit off the bench
Rapira, their best front rower by a mile

The halves haven't played together much, but are a good combo. Maloney is the most penalised man in the league so try and niggle him

All in all, our best beats their best every time. They can be dangerous but a good performance from us will have them covered

No doubt about you Ryan you are in a positive mood...and NO I don't bet on football (which is the likely response)....I suppose you have us down for 36-18 V the Roosters and a walloping in the last round to the Bulldogs 42 -16 and thus not winning another game this year???

Maybe stick to YART's (by the way I do like them)

This will be a hard one. Warriors usually give us a tough game at Brookie and they are in good consistent form. I think we will pip them though with our season on the line. Hopefully we will get some players back.

dowdz link said:
This will be a hard one. Warriors usually give us a tough game at Brookie and they are in good consistent form. I think we will pip them though with our season on the line. Hopefully we will get some players back.

Our "yoyo" form suggests we will be up this weekend.

Well our last 530 game on a Sat night at Brookie was a good one. Like you said the yoyo suggests we should win lol

Ryan link said:
Warriors in a tight one. 18-14

Wow so you are predicting we wont make the 8 then?? I agree that if we lose this one our season if over..... I think we will bounce back with Hoppa back.

torana355 link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=184707.msg285413#msg285413 date=1282025344]
Warriors in a tight one. 18-14
I think the beat us last year at Brookie - close game but they sneaked one in late.

Wow so you are predicting we wont make the 8 then?? I agree that if we lose this one our season if over..... I think we will bounce back with Hoppa back.
[/quote]

Going off the ladder predictor, if we can beat the Warriors and the Titans can beat the Roosters we can go to 5th by the end of the round. If the Roosters win i don't think we have a chance of getting above 7th or 8th for the finals. :(
I hope everyone turns up on Saturday to support the team as they need it!!!!

torana355 link said:
If the Roosters win i don't think we have a chance of getting above 7th or 8th for the finals. :(

Doesn't make much sense, if we beat the Warriors and Roosters we most likely overtake the Roosters on F/A.

Panthers are in free-fall I wouldn't rule them out dropping another game or 2.

Tigers will be up against it this week against Eels, missing Gibbs and Galloway....and their F/A is rubbish.

Our last 3 games is not THAT hard. If we can't win at least 2 out of the 3 we shouldn't be anywhere near finals footy.

Top 4 is not out of the question.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
No doubt about you Ryan you are in a positive mood...and NO I don't bet on football (which is the likely response)....I suppose you have us down for 36-18 V the Roosters and a walloping in the last round to the Bulldogs 42 -16 and thus not winning another game this year???

Maybe stick to YART's (by the way I do like them)

Yep, beaten by Roosters / Warriors. We'll beat The Dogs and finish 9th (exactly funnily enough where I suggested we'd finish this year)

Williams and Vatuvei both play on the right wing, don't they, so they won;t be opposing one another.
I notice there are no changes to our side (except for Hoppa returning), which disappoints me. While I think we'll beat the Warriors, I can't see this same team going far in the finals.
If that's the case, with Des steadfastly refusing to change this inconsistent line-up, then questions must surely be asked about the coach.

Ryan, correct me if I'm wrong here but I'm guessing your a "glass half empty guy" just to save the pain of disappointment.
Take the week off...Manly by 13

Barry Hyland link said:
Williams and Vatuvei both play on the right wing, don't they, so they won;t be opposing one another.
I notice there are no changes to our side (except for Hoppa returning), which disappoints me. While I think we'll beat the Warriors, I can't see this same team going far in the finals.
If that's the case, with Des steadfastly refusing to change this inconsistent line-up, then questions must surely be asked about the coach.

Vatuvei was on the left wing last week, so i'm guessing they will be up against each other.

With the injuries we have had, you can't really blame the coach for our position. Plus we have young halfs. I'm sure we covered all this a few weeks ago.....

[With the injuries we have had, you can't really blame the coach for our position. Plus we have young halfs. I'm sure we covered all this a few weeks ago.....
[/quote]

Why stick with the same players when some are so inconsistent/simply not good enough. We do have options. Oldfield showed what young talent we have, DCE needs a chance, and there are obviously some good performers from the Sunshine Coast.

If we don't perform to expectations then surely the selection policy must be questioned.

It's all easy in hindsight BH, but right now so close to the finals you can't go changing too many players around. Only injuries have forced our hand.

The only change i'd make is keep Hoppa at fullback if he's fit and move Farrar to the bench to replace Bailey.

abnc link said:
It's all easy in hindsight BH, but right now so close to the finals you can't go changing too many players around. Only injuries have forced our hand.

The only change i'd make is keep Hoppa at fullback if he's fit and move Farrar to the bench to replace Bailey.

Not a bad idea that, any news of when Farrer will be back??

abnc link said:

I think there are two ways to look at it:
1. It's too late, and too important, as you suggest, or
2. To realistically look at the 17 that always get picked; can they win the comp? I think not, and we've had 23 rounds to judge this.

I'm not suggesting wholesale changes. Just DCE to replace Hodkinson. Oldfield to retain his wing spot, and T-Rex to the bench instead of Bailey.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4