Looking on the bright side,our season is still alive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Gday guys,

As disappointing as yesterday was im ready to put it behind us knowing that in such a close comp,any team can beat any other team on any given day,bottom team can upset the top team.The positive thing is that our season is not over we can still sneak into the 8,sure we need to win our last 2 and also hope that stgeorge drops one of their last two or hopefully drop both either that the teams on 28 stay on 28 and we sneak in on 28 with a points differential-theres a couple of different scenarios,anyway im still positive about this season and know we are not done with yet.Sure if we do lose one out of our last 2 we are gone but mathematically we are still in it and in a way i hope yesterdays loss means we have got that loss out of our system and we win our next 2 and sneak into 8th position....we can still do this.

You are right Chrisos its not over till the fat lady sings and she was only just clearing her throat yesterday .
Yeah well hurry up Zorba, I have an exam soon that I need to study for and this in/out stuff is distracting me...

Actually, here is the truth from me @chrisos - I want us to have earned our spot in the 8. I don't want to be relying on this team losing by X and that other team beating whatever by Y. If we can't get there on our own, then we don't deserve to be there. Plain and simple.

We had it in our own hands-we blew it!
I will death ride the Dragons though.
It has been a year to forget on and off the field, but being at the ground amongst the fans and back at the Leaugesy, us Sea Eagle supporters are a very staunch mob.

Yeah well hurry up Zorba, I have an exam soon that I need to study for and this in/out stuff is distracting me...
Zorba sang the 1973 premiership Manly victory song and maybe you can sing your way to passing your exam as well Loobs :)

Our season is still alive in the same way that someone on death row has hope for life -waiting for the arrival of new exonerating evidence.

No spoon, but the first year we miss the Semis in 11 years. We can't be too happy about that.

C'mon guys our seasons not over yet let's stay positive and look on the bright side,i know i hate relying on other results too but plain and simple we win our last 2 and by decent margins we are in the 8 @BOZO yes i agree thanks for the positive view,we can still do this boys and girls,im happy enough even if we dont make the eight to show in the second half of this season we really showed the team we are and can be and we can win games and win them well too,which is just rolling on nicely into next year,if we do miss the 8 which i hope not,hey we have a nice roll on into next year and the future is looking very bloody bright...so long guys for now.GO MANLY!

We aren't done yet. Yesterday was far from ideal but there's 2 games of footy to be played. I don't believe in the 'if were relying on other teams to lose then we don't deserve it etc...' mentality. If we can knock off the Roosters and Sharks but the Dragons can't beat both the Titans and Tigers and we claim 8th spot if only on differential, then who deserves it? Definitely us and not the Dragons. Don't give up yet Manly, that's not our go.

There is still a chance for the mighty Manly Sea eagles and clubs like the warriors raiders parra panthers tigers titans and the knights are already dead and buried
11000881_10153302433707758_9196989513630900161_n.jpg

Titians are a good chance against dragons IMO, but with rain all week I cant see us beating roosters by more than 8. Then face sharks at shark park...tough ask...

Just checked TAB NRL Furtures - we're back to $51 to win the 2015 premiership and, amazingly, only $6 to make the 8!!!?!
WTF?

Just checked TAB NRL Furtures - we're back to $51 to win the 2015 premiership and, amazingly, only $6 to make the 8!!!?!
WTF?
I would say $6.00 is a good price.
I don't rate Saints at all and they have to beat Gold Coast away from home coming off a win, and then the Tigers at home who are left in last place and may be fighting to avoid the spoon.
Not to mention, without JWH, Jennings, and Pearce the Roosters might be ripe for the picking in the Brookvale bog. I was channelling how Manly would have felt after yesterdays game and it was depressive, but this morning woke up to new vigor. As a Manly player I would imagine they will be super peeved after that result and now facing the reality of being done with this group in 2 more weeks. They would also know, if they put up a decent win over the Roosters, it puts the same pressure Manly were under going into the Eels game and pressure does stuff to peoples heads that we saw on full display yesterday, so they will be loosey goosey and under no pressure and ripping in.
After last nights 6-20 loss by Melbourne to the Knights anything can happen and hopefully will.
Hoping for a twist yet..........
NYEagle

I would say $6.00 is a good price.
I don't rate Saints at all and they have to beat Gold Coast away from home coming off a win, and then the Tigers at home who are left in last place and may be fighting to avoid the spoon.
Not to mention, without JWH, Jennings, and Pearce the Roosters might be ripe for the picking in the Brookvale ...
After last nights 6-20 loss by Melbourne to the Knights anything can happen and hopefully will.
Hoping for a twist yet..........
NYEagle
I agree... The dragons are a spent force. The Titans will beat them. Manly will lift Friday you will see. Cronulla somehow are sitting near the top, I think we'll win there as well. Pity about our for and against though.

I'm expecting the boys to bounce back on Friday night.

The Rooters have no Maria, Mitchell Piss or Jennings.

The situation is not ideal but I'm not ripping up my top 8 ticket yet.

Last edited:
One of the biggest positives to come out of yesterday wasn't even from one of our players, but he will be.....again.

Darcy Lussick ran for 143 metres, the equal highest of all the forwards from both sides (14 metres more than our best forward, Felito Mateo) And that was in only 47 minutes of game time (which doesn't say a lot for our defence. Mateo played the full 80 BTW). He also didn't give away too many penalties from what I saw. In fact, I can't remember him giving away a penalty all game.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2