Lost To Illawarra?? Hmmmmm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Well since that game they have been flat & pretty ordinary. Attitude is a key to defence & sh** they look vulnerable since that match. Maybe they used a little more energy & copped more bumps & bruises than most realise. The score was far from a true indicator & physically the Seaeagles beat them up, with execution after dominent field position the only let down imo. They appear to only be a shadow of previous form.
Thoughts??

doubt one team could put a club out for the season. What is more concerning is that they flog us and lose to everyone else!

Thats the point Darren - they were consistently good before that game & have been consistently bad since. Maybe a mass coincidence but too me its almost a mentallity that Illawarra put all the eggs into 1 basket & had seen us as the biggest danger. Got the 2 points but at a price - certainly didn't recover as well as us after the battle.

They had a bye after beating us didn't they. It was probably the most perfectly timed bye they could have had. I think they're a huge shadow of the team they were last year. After nearly three years of being on top they're finding it hard to stay up.

Didnt it all start to unravel when Bennett signed with drugcastle and all the players are trying to follow him it can't be good for team harmony!

They bashed us on the scoreboard.

We bashed them Physically.

We'll wring thier necks and put out their fire in the finals. can't wait!

It all started falling apart when Easter Island Features told the World 'he had done the job he was employed to do' by helping them to a premiership and now it 'was time to go' or words to that effect. Only problem was, they still had this season to negotiate.

Gasnier throwing in the towel next year when they could have kept a couple of others like Costigan and Jeremy Smith has caused disharmony plus Bennett going and taking Boyd.

Phantar said:
It all started falling apart when Easter Island Features told the World 'he had done the job he was employed to do' by helping them to a premiership and now it 'was time to go' or words to that effect.

huh...is Malcolm Fraser coaching them now???

yes phantar I hadn't made the connection but good call :D

Bennett was sooo deadpan and flat and implying bigtime blame on the players in yesterdays post game news conference....surprising from someone so experienced and guaranteed to derail morale even further

Funny thing is after playing Manly we kill off coaches , players retire & to be brutally honest imo the Seaeagles physical approach leaves opposition players busted & drained. I may be alone on this but after watching that Illawarra game i felt confident we could turn the tables on them when it counts, like 08 against Storm. Have a feeling we may still play them at some stage come finals & hurt them even more, including on the scoreboard - maybe Cooper & Young to retire after that game.

:D

I agree MK, we were dominant at times Vs the Steelers, they scored a try from an intercept and one from a forward pass.

I hope we get to end their season come September.

MK Eagle said:
Funny thing is after playing Manly we kill off coaches , players retire & to be brutally honest imo the Seaeagles physical approach leaves opposition players busted & drained. I may be alone on this but after watching that Illawarra game i felt confident we could turn the tables on them when it counts, like 08 against Storm. Have a feeling we may still play them at some stage come finals & hurt them even more, including on the scoreboard - maybe Cooper & Young to retire after that game.

:D

The irony is the roosters got up after we had our play day with them; we must of not bashed them into submission but merely tamed them... where as the other teams, well, they've just been tortured by us, as well as bashed. ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6