LU article re Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
Just read this article on LU, which I pretty much sums up the plight of Brookie Oval.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21619

I stopped reading after this line;

the one played out with pigskin on the paddock

Anyway, after I stopped trying to make the authors head explode with my mind I got through the rest of the article.

It seems to be written with the right intentions but It doesn't seem like this Vicarious has had anything to do with Brookvale or the Northern Beaches in general, he just glazes over the base facts & chucks in some vanilla commentary that doesn't really add anything to the article.

My biggest gripe is that he says the nearest modern stadium is Gosford (presumably Bluetounge) which is a load of bollocks, the nearest modern ground is the SFS, he really needs to look at a map, or maybe actually visit the northern beaches (crazy I know).

He also assumes that the player facilities aren't up to scratch which is untrue. They are about the only part of Brookvale that have been upgraded. They aren't exactly world class but they are professional enough & from what I've seen at least the doors don't come flying off the hinges.

that if it wasn't for the Sea Eagles would anyone outside of Sydney know Manly or Warringah even existed

^ that line really annoys me as well. Yes it's pro-MWSE but it's a load of crap.

It also goes back to those awful 'village green' type designs that came out not long a go. Get over it, that design isn't happening it's just the only design we've seen so far. Don't panic the sky isn't falling, yet.

Brookie desperately needs some funding but we're not exactly at a do or die stage just yet. Go ask Tigers fans what home ground is their favourite, in my experience most will say Leichardt. Brookvale isn't far behind Leichardt as far as suburban grounds go.

People just need to chill the f**k out.

Manly should be geting other teams involved. For example get the Waratahs to say they will play a few games there. Sell the ground rebuild as a facility for all of northern Sydney, not just for the Sea Eagles.

The author does make a good final point: don;t make Brookie too friendly for visiting teams. It must keep its 'fortress' feel.
But nicely written: some metaphorical gems:
like a sandcastle on Manly beach facing an incoming tide; like a crack commando outfit trying to operate out of an old scout hall; the new plans being as underwhelming as last year's GF entertainment.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2