Lui vs Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Now I don't want to speculate on what Robert Lui from the wests tigers may or may not have done.........but........with him being arrested and possibly charged after an official function (mad Monday )..........and with the NRL setting a precedent with the Stewart incident.......should the wests tigers be fined $100 000 and Lui be suspended for the start of the 2011 season.
like to know your thoughts....and love to hear Gallops response.....

Gallop should be able to decide on suspensions for next season right now. He's shown he doesn't need facts or evidence to make knee-jerk reactions.

Seaeagle63 link said:
Missed it.  What happened to Lui?

WESTS Tigers are set to go into damage control with star halfback Robert Lui charged with allegedly assaulting his pregnant girlfriend.
The Daily Telegraph understands Lui landed in hot water after a Sunday drinking session with his Tigers teammates after their 13-12 loss to the Dragons on Saturday.
The Tigers squad continued celebrations today in Sydney, but Lui was nowhere to be sighted. The 20-year-old was due to apepar in Burwood Court over the matter.
A club source said they were aware of the incident and it would soon to be dealt with.
Lui has gone from strength to strength this season and scored a try for the Tigers at ANZ Stadium. Another club source said it was ``totally out of character'' for Lui to act in such a manner
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/tigers-halfback-robert-lui-in-court-charged-with-assault/story-e6frexni-1225930018369

9 charges against him after he came home after mad monday type drinks (straight after loss to Dragons) and allegedly belted his pregnant girlfriend.

Actually six charges related to that night, three of them related to something which happened in May. Doesn't look good for him, but as we've all found out this week you're innocent until proven guilty.

As for original point.... They're fairly different. Mad Monday isn't the same as a season launch. They're totally "unofficial", and I don't even think this counts as mad monday drinks - apparently it's just a bender on the night. None of the typical mad monday gaff (dress ups and sh*t).

Plus Lui isn't the "face of the game". There's 100s of excuses Gallop can come up with. Bottom line is he was wrong to pre-judge Stewart two years ago and I'm sure if he could go back and reverse that decision or find another way to have done it, he would. But I don't want it to result in loads of equally ridiculous suspensions of presumably innocent players. I don't think that's what Brett would want either.

The best thing we can hope for out of this situation at the moment is for Brett to rebuild his reputation in the only way he knows - by destroying teams on the field and carrying himself with class off it.

Again, the reason for the suspension and fine was because Stewart was at an official function. Lui was not. It's a police matter and the NRL will respond if and when Lui is found guilty.

I actually bought this up with Gallop last night.

His words were the club was fined and Brett was suspended because he was asked to leave a licensed premises and brought the game into disrepute.

So nothing to do with the police matter etc.... from the NRLs point of view......

When asked how come they didn't do anything about other incidents e.g the broncos toilet scandal and lockyer tacking a bar manager he replied they take it case by case and make a decision...

it's a joke really in my opinion, the NRL left Brett out to dry, the sooner gallop is done the better in my opinion

theyre all faces of rugby league, wether they like it or not, theyre role models, he should get the same as what brett got, regardless as to weather hes guilty or not, Gallop set the presidence when he judged brett to be guilty without evidence, so a suspension and fine should be handed down, if not the competion is a joke !

I disagree, i think if it's a police matter let them deal with it. What the NRL did to Brett was wrong and as much as i would like it to happen to other teams i don't think it is right.

Stewart was about to walk in his front door.....he had left the official function hours earlier and been to other establishments after leaving the function........ if Gallops reasonings were  he was asked to leave a licensed premises ( I'm sure he wasn't the  first and won't be the last )....is that worth $100 000 fine and a four match suspension...... now I'm not playing one against the other....I don't want Lui or the wests tigers to go through what Brett and the club has just been through.....and I know it's a police matter...but in the way the NRL acted against Brett....(guilty before proven innocent )....... Didn't they set a precedence....?

they set a precedence mate, he should get the same, as for the police taking over and its in the police hands so was bretts case !

As far as i'm concerned, the Nrl has been fairly black and white with these cases. The line was drawn and i think they've followed it fairly well. Tevita Latu, stood down pending investigation and sacked by his club. Greg bird, stood down pending investigation and sacked by his club. Greg Inglis, stood down by his club pending investigation. Not charged. No further action taken. Brett Stewart, not stood down by his club pending investigation. The NRL stepped in and did what the public expected them to. Gallop always said that he would let clubs take control of their own players and then step in if needed. So going on that statement, isn't the only common difference that Manly did not act. The others were charged with common assault and Stewart with Sexual assault on a minor, a much worse charge in my opinion! I love Brett Stewart and i dislike Gallop but some of you need to put your other eye back in and see reason.

Basically if Manly stood Snake down(which was the precedent) The NRL wouldn't have had to.

Robert Lui has been poorly treat

can't anyone see he was protecting her from self harming herself ;)

i agree that Lui would cop the same fine and suspension as Brett did last year if the NRL followed the same rules when they put Brett to the sword... however I do believe that this shouldn't happen! I would think everyone here who has been fuming and so upset with what has happened to Brett would show some courtesy to the Tigers and not wish the pain that Brett, his family, his club and his supporters have felt on anyone else... I think the person stood down should not be Lui but it should be Gallop for his spineless acts and lack of leadership...

Huge inconsistancies here what is the Manly Club going to do about it......?
Have they or are they going to make a statement........?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8