Luke Lewis signs with Sharks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
The Sharks are landing some decent players these days.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sharks-snare-lewis-on-fouryear-deal-20120720-22e02.html

could see that coming a mile off. They are building a decent team. Something doesnt sit right with me regarding that

That's right Dan, the Sharks are becoming a decent team and should be able to keep it going consistently year after year. That's terrible!! Can't stand the Sharks myself but this is a great signing for the Sharks, but what does this mean for Jeremy Smith? very crowded back row

A great signing for the Sharkies. Lewis was a standout (again) in the State of Origin.

Yes (unfortunately) they are building a decent side.

this cant be true, the telecrap that's why parra sacked their coach, so lewis could join!!

Rothfield has predicted them premiers for 2013. He is so knowledgeable about the game of rugby league. We are lucky as fans to have someone of his calibre reporting on the game we love.

Sorry manly fans but looks like a three-peat is out of the question. don't bother getting your hopes up Buzz says it will be the sharks.

If Smith Stays that would be an awesome pack, but as stated above he must be leaving.

Wish we could have afforded him, would of been a great buy

Injury prone and past his best. Glad we didn't chase him. Put the dollars into younger players. Weird that today's Sydney papers are saying that the reason Kearney was sacked, was because Lewis was coming. Parramatta? hopeless jokes.

Daniel said:
could see that coming a mile off. They are building a decent team. Something doesnt sit right with me regarding that

Agree. For a club that is supposed to be in dire financial straits they are throwing a lot of coin around. They'll have a good side next year with Lewis and Gordon added to the mix.

I think if Carney stays level headed and keeps form and without too much injury to their pack this mob will go close in the next year or 2.

Of all the clubs that chased him I'm pleased he chose the Skarks. I don;t mind Cronulla. They share a lot of similarities to Manly - only they aren't successful. We are.
They are a beachside team, play at a suburban ground, have passionate supporters that are well behaved (like us), have never rorted the cap, and don't have large poker machine revenues to help them out.
They did defect to Super League, which is a giant cross against their name.
Anyway, goo luck to them. I think Lewis is a terrific signing for them, and they should give the 2013 a real shake.

Lack of strike power in the centres still for mine. Their backrow is already powerful with Gallen, Smith, Bukuya and Wade Graham. Jennings might've been a better buy for the Sharks imo.

Still, it's Luke Lewis, it's a top acquisition regardless.

I will never take them seriously until their backline improves. How many backrowers do they want? (although Smith will go now).

Funny how the 2 clubs in the worst financial position seem to be making a lot of big purchases lately. Titans and Sharks. If they dont reap success out of this in terms of winning , crowds,sponsors etc it could be big financial problems down the line.

I live in the SHIRE,and the thought of a successful Sharks is similar to the thought of a friendly North Korea, just doesn't sit right.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4