Luke Lewis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Turbo

Bencher
RUMOUR I

babe02b1d0418d3b7a3f045b0dc1723c

Luke Lewis is tackled.Source: News Corp Australia
Could Luke Lewis finish his career at Manly?

With Nathan Green, Blake Leary, Feleti Mateo, Siosaia Vave and Luke Burgess all off contract, the Sea Eagles are in the market for an edge forward.

There’s been a few whispers that Lewis’ name has been mentioned around the Sea Eagles’ Narrabeen training base.

Personally hope this is true, Lewis has another 2-3 even 4 year left in him IMO 3 years minimum, he would give DCE the option to go short to a backrower with confidence and Lewis is still in great form and with the big 3 leaving at the end of 2016 we will have plenty of money and Lewis will be pretty cheap probably around 250-300k which for a quality backrower is great he will also help fill our leadership void sign him up.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/4b5102c2c0d687de63c0c0fda50fadae

Interesting. Is he a bit old though. In saying that I think Lewis is a big part of why cronulla have been good this year. Wouldn't want to throw a lot of coin at him though. Could be alright for the right price.

Personally hope this is true, Lewis has another 2-3 even 4 year left in him IMO 3 years minimum

4 years left in him? He is one month of 33 right now and he's no Beaver. At that age, nothing more than a backup for a season, as the risk is just too high for anyone to throw $$ at to bring into your top squad. Solid player he is indeed, and he fits well in current Sharks squad as the mix of experience and youth is pretty spot on, he doesn't have to do much and can use his skill, I don't think we so much need 'experience' as much as we need 'impact' from any forward buys. Silly to buy someone who you are going to be lucky to get 2 years out of. Need to buy 5 year players with a couple of runs on the board, not journeymen on last legs.

More than ever it's a young persons game. The size, athleticism and skill of the modern footballer is simply too much for the older guys to handle. You only have to look at the sudden dip in form of Brett Stewart and Jamie Lyon (although Lyon had a good game on the weekend) to know that all it takes is one pre-season to come back over-the-hill; that could be next year for Lewis for all we know?!

The Roosters finished 13th in 2012 and adopted a youth policy and all their players bar Mini and SBW were under 25. They finished the year premiers thanks to some clever refereeing, but history says they won the competition and it had a lot to do with having an eager, fresh, and energetic squad.

He's the the exact type of player we need. But his age makes it a no from me. Prefer we get 25-50 games into a kid then sign him for 2 years. I'm picturing Nate Myles 2.0.

No way. He is too old, by 5+ years! Lets get someone younger and with less regard for their body. Like Watmough Circa 2011

We also have Nate Myles to be the old, slow, experienced head that helps the younger guys. You can probably only carry one of those in the pack and the rest can be experienced but not washed up (like Buhrer for example).

In order to build a culture, we need young guys to come through together and form a core, not has beens from other clubs here for a retirement package.

Love Luke Lewis as a footballer, and 2-3 years ago would have jumped at the opportunity. Now ??? Yeah....nah !

We should throw a one year contract his way. His experience is valuable and he isn't behind the pace, he is keeping up with first grade with ease. Would prefer him over green

I find this part of the article more interesting-
Which coach is eyeing a return to his former club?

He’s not off contract with his current club but we all know a contract doesn’t count for much these days.

Certain people in power at his former club are eager to bring him back but there’s resistance from others and their current coach still has time left to run on his deal. This could get very messy!

That could only be us couldn't it?

He’s not off contract with his current club but we all know a contract doesn’t count for much these days.

Certain people in power at his former club are eager to bring him back but there’s resistance from others and their current coach still has time left to run on his deal. This could get very messy!

Messy indeed!!

I have always liked and respected Luke Lewis however I think if you got one more good year out of him and could get him on a 1 year contract at the right money ... his experience, effort and off field character would be a good influence on the younger guys .... but I actually think for the $$$ Sam Tagataese for a year or two would be a good buy ...

Barrett back to St.george? Lol.

Young Storm player Solomona for the long term is the way....add this beast to Kapow, Jake AFB & Meehan & the pack is full of intimidation, power, energy & will build into 1 heck of a side for DCE to play off with the skills of Buhrer on the edges & Parcel running amok off second phase & quick play the balls....

Young Storm player Solomona for the long term is the way....add this beast to Kapow, Jake AFB & Meehan & the pack is full of intimidation, power, energy & will build into 1 heck of a side for DCE to play off with the skills of Buhrer on the edges & Parcel running amok off second phase & quick play the balls....
Hearing Solomona to the Roosters which is why they poached the Chooks promising NYC prop. A shame, would have loved him for us.
Imagine him at his peak in a few years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6